Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few things I noticed about the Jets...

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington, DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Few things I noticed about the Jets...

1. The run-run-pass predictable offense they were running that we were so used to seeing here prior to this season. Thank God we don't have to watch that on a weekly basis anymore.
    2. The complete lack of urgency Sparano displayed in the 2nd half. The Fins were up big and the Jets were still running the ball and using most of the clock before snapping the ball...unbelievable. Reminds me of the Chad Henne/Dan Henning days.
    3. buttfumble may even be more inaccurate than Henne....lots of throws where he misses his man....especially under duress. He also seems to make big mistakes (turnovers) when he's under serious pressure.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolphin Fan since 1974

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Queens, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It also doesn't help that buttfumble's line is not blocking well, and when they are, he holds on to the ball too long, as evidenced by the Jerry Wilson sack from his blind side in the first half.

Michael
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets hiring Tony Sparano as their OC was probably their biggest mistake this offseason, followed CLOSELY by bringing in Tebow to run a few tricky plays. Although I had a few completely delusional moments where I feared Sparano taking revenge on us by being successful in Jersey, all reason and logic dictated that the Jets offense would be abysmal beyond belief.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    The Jets hiring Tony Sparano as their OC was probably their biggest mistake this offseason, followed CLOSELY by bringing in Tebow to run a few tricky plays. Although I had a few completely delusional moments where I feared Sparano taking revenge on us by being successful in Jersey, all reason and logic dictated that the Jets offense would be abysmal beyond belief.
    I can't agrgue with any of this. I never liked the Sparano hiring, it didn't make sense on any level. I was also against the Tebow signing because it just made no football sense, this team had much more important needs that should've been addressed. My hope is that we don't compound the Sparano mistake by bringing him back next season to see if he gets better.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    TriniDolFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate to admit to this as I liked Sparano and our players may have also, but he was not a good head coach by any stretch and is proving to be not a good OC either. This guy might be a good OL coach and that's it. Some people have it and some people don't, he got his big shot from Parcells but you are what your record says you are and for him that's not very good. The league has changed into an up tempo passing league and he is stuck somewhere in the '70 and a cloud of dust. I wish I could think better of him (as a coach) but I can't.
    2014 - Step Up or Go Home!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    I hate to admit to this as I liked Sparano and our players may have also, but he was not a good head coach by any stretch and is proving to be not a good OC either. This guy might be a good OL coach and that's it. Some people have it and some people don't, he got his big shot from Parcells but you are what your record says you are and for him that's not very good. The league has changed into an up tempo passing league and he is stuck somewhere in the '70 and a cloud of dust. I wish I could think better of him (as a coach) but I can't.
    I don't understand why you liked Sporano, all the time he was coaching the Fins I thought he was intellectually inferior to other coaches and couldn't understand why he got the job other than being one of Parcells buddy, really he was embarrassing to watch at press conferences and frustrating during game time, like Sunday only this time he was ****ing the Jets.
    I couldn't believe he was pumping his chest when he came down last time when he beat us by a field goal
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm still stunned that Tony was brought in in the first place.

And it is amazing to me that Bill Parcells continues to get a pass on what happened in Miami when it is clear that his hand picked coaching protege is a buffoon of the highest order.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm still stunned that Tony was brought in in the first place.

And it is amazing to me that Bill Parcells continues to get a pass on what happened in Miami when it is clear that his hand picked coaching protege is a buffoon of the highest order.
    Don't forget Parcells recommended Rex for the Jets job.
    Parcells is a fraud, and we paid him, he now is in espn telling how it should be done, ****ing pig cost us 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    We were finally on the right side of a sparano ran, clock consuming second half.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the main thing that i notice about the jets is why that have stuck with shonne greene at running back? he is not starter material. he has had a decent line the past 2 years and has been very unproductive. yet they stick with him. ive never understand why they dont try and pick someone up or draft at that position.
    Quote Quote