Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few things I noticed about the Jets...

1. -11
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The best part is that they're stuck with buttfumble for another year. I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I for one would sign a petition for Woody to retain The BeanCounter, Captain Oblivious and his dead-eyed accurate franchise QB.

I've been saying all along that the difference between Henne and Sanchenne was the supporting cast of characters and maintained from free agency that Henne would have been a jet if guaranteed a fair chance to compete. I think the bullheaded reluctance to start Tebow, in retrospect, bears that out.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    The Jets hiring Tony Sparano as their OC was probably their biggest mistake this offseason, followed CLOSELY by bringing in Tebow to run a few tricky plays. Although I had a few completely delusional moments where I feared Sparano taking revenge on us by being successful in Jersey, all reason and logic dictated that the Jets offense would be abysmal beyond belief.
    I can't agrgue with any of this. I never liked the Sparano hiring, it didn't make sense on any level. I was also against the Tebow signing because it just made no football sense, this team had much more important needs that should've been addressed. My hope is that we don't compound the Sparano mistake by bringing him back next season to see if he gets better.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    I hate to admit to this as I liked Sparano and our players may have also, but he was not a good head coach by any stretch and is proving to be not a good OC either. This guy might be a good OL coach and that's it. Some people have it and some people don't, he got his big shot from Parcells but you are what your record says you are and for him that's not very good. The league has changed into an up tempo passing league and he is stuck somewhere in the '70 and a cloud of dust. I wish I could think better of him (as a coach) but I can't.
    I don't understand why you liked Sporano, all the time he was coaching the Fins I thought he was intellectually inferior to other coaches and couldn't understand why he got the job other than being one of Parcells buddy, really he was embarrassing to watch at press conferences and frustrating during game time, like Sunday only this time he was ****ing the Jets.
    I couldn't believe he was pumping his chest when he came down last time when he beat us by a field goal
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    I find the after the fact Sparano bashing kind of funny.

Not every head coach is some tactical genius/coordinator.
    In fact the Coordinator wizards usually fail as head coaches. See Ryan, Martz, Nolan, Spagnulo, Haley, etc.
    Where the more anonymous Coordinators have been successes: Tomlin, John Harbough

I always felt that Sparano was more the motivational/executive type of coach
    He was about creating a common vision and motivating the players and letting the coordinators do the dirty work.

Look back at the stuff they were saying about us in 2008: disciplined, good locker room, few penalties. It is the same stuff they say about us now.

Sparano for some reason got rebranded as the tactical genius that invented the wildcat when he was being introduced to the Jets, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
    David Lee introduced the wildcat in Arkansas with McFadden and Jones and translated it to the NFL(as OC coach of Miami).
    I think Sparano is failing as an O coordinator because a) he isn't an offensive genius b) the Jets have not been built for ground and pound as their O-line is garabage save for Mangold, Ferguson.

I feel bad for Sparano as he seems like a geniune good guy. He will certainly be the fall guy for the Jets and get canned. At that point he should migrate to the Small College level where he could thrive.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like the Jets will officially replace the Bills as the division door mat.
    Reppin' Miami Football In The NYC
    Quote Quote