Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins REALISTIC Record for 2012 & Playoff Chances = ?

1. -1
    It's Only Happened ONCE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Playoffs Dolphins REALISTIC Record for 2012 & Playoff Chances = ?

What do you believe will be the Dolphins REALISTIC record based on the remaining schedule and what are their playoff chances in the AFC?

My take: 9-7

2012 RESULTS/SCHEDULE
    (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
    Sep 9 - L at Houston, 30-10
    Sep 16 - W vs. Oakland, 35-13
    Sep 23 - L vs. NY Jets, 20-23 OT
    Sep 30 - L at Arizona, 24-21 OT
    Oct 7 - W at Cincinnati, 13-17
    Oct 14 - W vs. St. Louis, 17-14
    Oct 21 - Open
    Oct 28 - W at NY Jets, 9-30
    Nov 4 - at Indianapolis, 1:00 PM ET WIN
    Nov 11 - vs. Tennessee, 1:00 PM ET WIN
    Nov 15 - at Buffalo, 8:20 PM ET WIN
    Nov 25 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM ET LOSS
    Dec 2 - vs. New England, 1:00 PM ET LOSS
    Dec 9 - at San Francisco, 4:05 PM ET LOSS
    Dec 16 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ET WIN
    Dec 23 - vs. Buffalo, 1:00 PM ET WIN
    Dec 30 - at New England, 1:00 PM ET LOSS
    You Play to Win the Game!
    In It to Win It!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "we don't look ahead, we go into every week 0-0" ~ Joe Philbin
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The view of a very optimistic realist:

@ Indy: Win
    vs Ten: Win
    @ Buf: Win
    vs Seattle: Win
    vs New England: Win
    @ San Fran: Loss
    vs Jacksonville: Win
    vs Buffalo: Win
    @ New England: Loss

Outside of New England and San Francisco, the Dolphins should be favored in all of those games. If we can just manage a split with the Patriots, I think we have a legit shot at the division.

I had this team penciled in as 8-8 before the season and the only difference between these predictions and those is that I now pick us to win against Indy, sweep Buffalo, and split with New England. I thought Indy and Buffalo would both improve on defense and they sure haven't yet. I also didn't think New England's secondary would be a dumpster fire.

IMO, the biggest factor is whether or not the Dolphins can stay healthy. If Miami avoids injuries over this stretch, I like the team's chances to take care of business against crap teams like the Titans and Jags.
    Last edited by J. David Wannyheimer; 10-29-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^ 12-4 ?

Holy crap when is the last time we had that kinda record. 1990 ?

The dolphins have one very important thing going for them. No Elite QB's on the schedule except Brady. Andrew Luck is really the only other good QB on the sked but he's still a rookie and the dolphins "should" win that game,, as Miami is clearly a better all around team than the colts

but its the nfl crazy things can happen in a football game
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    The dolphins have one very important thing going for them. No Elite QB's except Brady. Andrew Luck is really the only other good QB on the sked but he's still a rookie and the dolphins "should" win that game as Miami is clearly a better all around team than the colts
    Bingo! It's exactly why I had us penciled for 8-8. Good defense, good special teams, good play in the trenches, weak schedule, and a complete lack of elite QBs on the teams we play against. Tom Brady is the only guy on our schedule you can genuinely call a great QB right now. No Roethlisberger, no Mannings, no Ryan, no Rodgers, no Brees, not even a Flacco, Cutler or Stafford. There was Matt Schaub in week one, and we took our lumps in that one already. We also have an old Matt Hasselbeck and young Andrew Luck coming up, but both of those teams have pitiful defenses.

Look at who we go up against:

Luck: Like this kid a lot, would have love to have drafted him, but he is having his struggles as a rookie. Team has a bottom five defense.
    Hasselbeck: I have a very high opinion of him, but he's the second oldest QB in the NFL, and his team also has a bottom five defense.
    Fitzpatrick: Garbage, and his team also also has a bottom five defense.
    Wilson: OK for a rookie. Hasn't played as well as Tannehill and his team sucks on the road.
    Brady: Still great.
    Alex Smith: Average QB, great team around him. I think we lose the game, especially since it's on the road, but you never know with A. Smith.
    Jacksonville: Gabbert and Henne, lmao.

Don't count us out in any of these games.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seattle is give or take. They have good moments and a tough defense, but we got them in Miami. If this was in Seattle I'd be more worried. So I'll put that as a win. NE I think we split.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    The view of a very optimistic realist:

@ Indy: Win
    vs Ten: Win
    @ Buf: Win
    vs Seattle: Win
    vs New England: Win
    @ San Fran: Loss
    vs Jacksonville: Win
    vs Buffalo: Win
    @ New England: Win

Outside of New England and San Francisco, the Dolphins should be favored in all of those games. If we can just manage a split with the Patriots, I think we have a legit shot at the division.

I had this team penciled in as 8-8 before the season and the only difference between these predictions and those is that I now pick us to win against Indy, sweep Buffalo, and split with New England. I thought Indy and Buffalo would both improve on defense and they suren't haven't yet. I also didn't think New England's secondary would be a dumpster fire.

IMO, the biggest factor is whether or not the Dolphins can stay healthy. If Miami avoids injuries over this stretch, I like the team's chances to take care of business against crap teams like the Titans and Jags.
    Win two against the pats idk about that but i think we can get a win at home or away. the next 3 games are very winnable.. The game i don't think we can win is against the 49ers.. but you never know.., Seahawks is a winnable one. Jax and Bills are a must win games because well we should be favored and have to take advantage of it. Overall 10-6 or 11-5 will get us there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^I see it this way as well. Split with the Pats, lose to SF but I see us being able to beat the Seabirds at home. I'll factor in at least one more loss from somewhere and that puts us at 10-6.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we win the games we should (IND/TEN/BUF x2/JAX) and can steal one of the remaining 4 (SEA/SF/NE x2) we're at 10-6. That is an optimistic view as I see us probably dropping a close one out of the 5 winnables. I however can also see us competing in the 4 tougher games, especially SEA at home.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    That's a long trip for Seattle, we should beat 'em. I think we can split with new england. San Fran will be a tough game to win. All other games we can win. A win in indy will be huge.
    Quote Quote