Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Falcons and Our Miami Dolphins, Only Two Teams That

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Atlanta Falcons and Our Miami Dolphins, Only Two Teams That

The Falcons and Dolphins are the only two NFL football teams that have not been behind in any game at the end of regulation, since week one.

Yes it is true we lost two of those games where we were tied, but the bigger picture is how consistant this team has been. How they play for each other to keep us in games. How they are able to make in game adjustments to adversity. And how all three phases of the team play to one another's strengths.

This year's Miami Dolphins is the DEFINITION of "team". This is a great example of "the group is greater than the sum of it's parts".

I wasn't excited about Philbin at first, but I heard someone make a great comparison. He reminds me of Bill Walsh. Lets hope he can bring to Miami the kind of success Walsh brought to SF.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean County, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Texans?
    EARTHCWAKEEEEEEEEEEE! #91
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybobommy View Post
    Texans?
    Guess you didn't see that Green Bay game?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The "since week one" part disqualifies the Texans game...

interesting stat to think about for sure but does it really mean anything? seems like it could just as easily be an awesome coincindence
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 dol fan View Post
    The "since week one" part disqualifies the Texans game...

interesting stat to think about for sure but does it really mean anything? seems like it could just as easily be an awesome coincindence
    To me it does mean something. Think about it this way, the colts are also 4-3, but they have had some games where the opposing team threw something at them they were not prepared for, or situations (turnovers etc) got them out of games. We on the other hand play together as a team. When something goes wrong another unit picks up the slack. If the defense is having a bad day the offense steps in, if the offense is having a bad day the special teams steps in. Our coaching staff never seems out of options. That is why we are always around at the end, unlike other teams with more weapons, like the colts.

So to me what it means is that we are a well coached team, with great team chemistry. And in this league that can take you places!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A far more interesting tidbit is that the Chiefs, even with their one victory, have not lead at all in regulation, except for the final play of the opener against the Saints.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    The Falcons and Dolphins are the only two NFL football teams that have not been behind in any game at the end of regulation, since week one.

Yes it is true we lost two of those games where we were tied, but the bigger picture is how consistant this team has been. How they play for each other to keep us in games. How they are able to make in game adjustments to adversity. And how all three phases of the team play to one another's strengths.

This year's Miami Dolphins is the DEFINITION of "team". This is a great example of "the group is greater than the sum of it's parts".

I wasn't excited about Philbin at first, but I heard someone make a great comparison. He reminds me of Bill Walsh. Lets hope he can bring to Miami the kind of success Walsh brought to SF.
    This reflex the fact that team should have a better record (6-1) if Carpenter have been precise.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MexDolfan View Post
    This reflex the fact that team should have a better record (6-1) if Carpenter have been precise.
    I agree, and just as important, it should give us great confidence that we will be prepared to win the games we should win. A well prepared team, who knows how to play together, is hard to knock off.

The only game I am now concerned with is this week's Colts game, but having said that I feel good that this team could end up 7-3 after 10 games.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybobommy View Post
    Texans?
    He said since week one so they don't count
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm back in Florida BABY!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I agree, and just as important, it should give us great confidence that we will be prepared to win the games we should win. A well prepared team, who knows how to play together, is hard to knock off.

The only game I am now concerned with is this week's Colts game, but having said that I feel good that this team could end up 7-3 after 10 games.
    I agree, one game at a time, but a small part of me thinks about waking up and looking at the standings and seeing Miami there at 7-3 and a that feeling. After the 0-? starts and such, this is what we've been waiting for. But first things first, let's go TCOB against the Colts.

It's better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
    "Mark Twain"
    Quote Quote