Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Post beating the Jets Mock Draft!

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Fin_Frenzy_84's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    3,624
    vCash:
    1409
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Post beating the Jets Mock Draft!

    Our Free Agents-


    Franchise Tag Jake Long and put a first round tender on him


    Resign-
    Randy Starks
    Sean Smith
    Brian Hartline


    Free Agents-
    Jared Cook TE
    Greg Jennings WR


    Draft-
    1st- Eric Reid FS LSU
    2nd- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
    2nd- Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    3rd- Marquess Wilson WR Washington St.
    3rd- Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma
    4th-Travis Long OLB Washington St.
    5th-B.W. Webb CB William & Mary
    6th-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    7th-Knile Davis RB Arkansas

    Let me know what you guys think!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,172
    vCash:
    3522
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your offseason free agents. Jennings and Cook would make it possible to really land the best players. Reid and Rhodes would be nice additions to the secondary and Porter could be the pass rusher the team needs opposite Wake. I don't think Wilson makes it to round 3. Overall, I do like this draft based on the free agent signings.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,078
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Wilson's measureables will get him drafted in the 2nd round. Don't see him lasting till the 3rd. No DE? Might be the position on the team with the least depth...we have to get a DE in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Fin_Frenzy_84's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    3,624
    vCash:
    1409
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Wilson's measureables will get him drafted in the 2nd round. Don't see him lasting till the 3rd. No DE? Might be the position on the team with the least depth...we have to get a DE in this draft.
    I was looking at the updated projections and Wilson now has a 3rd round grade. Just going off that
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,078
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I was looking at the updated projections and Wilson now has a 3rd round grade. Just going off that
    He may be dropping a bit because he's not catching on to Mike Leach's offense. I read this about him recently:

    The other reasons surely involve Wilson, who caught nine passes for 100 yards Saturday but still seems to be trying to satisfy Leach's demands for reliability and physicality.

    The Cougars (2-6, 0-5), who will try to break a five-game losing streak Saturday at Utah (noon PDT, Pac-12 Networks), submitted their most complete, most physical and overall best performance of the season at Stanford, Leach said.

    But the first-year Wazzu coach is still looking for consistency from his receivers, and most notably from Wilson, the school's all-time leader in career reception yardage.

    The quest took another setback when a miscommunication between Wilson and quarterback Jeff Tuel undermined the Cougars' final stab at a game-tying touchdown from the Stanford 19-yard line, resulting in a sack as the final seconds elapsed.

    "He was supposed to run a comeback and he kept running downfield," Leach said of Wilson. "If they're not on the same page, it's not going to do anybody any good."


    That echoed a postgame interview in which Leach said Williams outplayed the star junior in practice last week and early in the Stanford game before Wilson "got hot toward the end. If Marquess wants to play the whole time, he's going to have to quit being hot and cold."
    What I don't know is was that an option route or an audible and he just didn't get the signal. Then you have to question whether he can read defenses or has the aptitude for an option route system. But either way at 6' 3"+ with decent speed (around 4.5) he'll get drafted before the 3rd round. I don't know of too many WRs with that size lasting past the 2nd round unless they played in FCS, Div II or just didn't produce in college. Wilson is the all time leader at WSU in receiving yards and he's 2nd in TDs. So far this year he has 47 receptions, 740 yards, 5 TDs and he's had 3 100-yard games. He's still producing and it's 3 years of production not just a flash in the pan. I'd be shocked if he lasted till the 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,172
    vCash:
    3522
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Wilson's measureables will get him drafted in the 2nd round. Don't see him lasting till the 3rd. No DE? Might be the position on the team with the least depth...we have to get a DE in this draft.
    What are your thoughts on Dion Jordan? Guy looks like Jason Taylor to me.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,078
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    What are your thoughts on Dion Jordan? Guy looks like Jason Taylor to me.
    Haven't seen enough of his games but I see some similarities to Jason Taylor but he's not that player. He's got length like Taylor and a pretty explosive first step but Taylor, even at his light weight, showed a lot more power and leverage when rushing the passer. Jordan seems to be speed rusher only. Again, haven't seen enough of his games but he seems to get the edge on a lot of tackles and that doesn't always work...I'd like to see a few more pass rush moves from him...he'd have to put 20 lbs on that frame for the NFL...how does that effect his speed?

    I mean I've watch Jason Taylor at 6'6" 260 lbs bull rush a 320 lbs OT and knock him back into the QB...Taylor was a heck of a lot stronger than people gave him credit for and he'd hit you with a speed rush time and again then all of a sudden bull rush you and the OT wouldn't be expecting it and the next thing you know Taylor has a sack. Jordan is 6'7" 240-ish...looks more like a small forward than a football player. If I had more games to go by I could give you a better feel for what kind of player he is but where I live I rarely get west coast games.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,218
    vCash:
    9410
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, if we can get M. Wilson in the 2nd, I'd be doing back flips.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    MiamiDolphin618's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,300
    vCash:
    3073
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah agreed that some of these guys won't get to where you have them. I think Rhodes sneaks into the 1st round as well. For the most part I like the players though. Reid and Rhodes would go a long way to helping our secondary...but they aren't my favorite guys. I think if I was going to double up on secondary help I would prefer to try and get Banks or Milliner in the 1st and then snag a Whitley or Elam in the 2nd. Thats just me.

    I love Sean Porter as a player...and although he isn't the perfect fit for what we need I think he's probably a BPA type of guy you just don't pass up.

    As for Wilson and Stills...those would be nice solid pick-ups in the 3rd. Wilson was my #3 WR going into this year...I think he's a stud and realistically he's MAYBE going to make it to the 2nd if he comes out. I like Stills value in the 3rd..but I would certainly be looking at some other available guys as well..particularly Swope.

    I guess the main drawback is there is no immediate pass rush help. Sean Porter is a great player as I said, but he's not going to put his hand in the dirt and hunt the QB. Maybe a guy like James Gayle or Dion Jordan is there in the 2nd and I think those are the type of guys that can come in on 3rd down as a rookie and hunt the QB.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,172
    vCash:
    3522
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Yeah agreed that some of these guys won't get to where you have them. I think Rhodes sneaks into the 1st round as well. For the most part I like the players though. Reid and Rhodes would go a long way to helping our secondary...but they aren't my favorite guys. I think if I was going to double up on secondary help I would prefer to try and get Banks or Milliner in the 1st and then snag a Whitley or Elam in the 2nd. Thats just me.

    I love Sean Porter as a player...and although he isn't the perfect fit for what we need I think he's probably a BPA type of guy you just don't pass up.

    As for Wilson and Stills...those would be nice solid pick-ups in the 3rd. Wilson was my #3 WR going into this year...I think he's a stud and realistically he's MAYBE going to make it to the 2nd if he comes out. I like Stills value in the 3rd..but I would certainly be looking at some other available guys as well..particularly Swope.

    I guess the main drawback is there is no immediate pass rush help. Sean Porter is a great player as I said, but he's not going to put his hand in the dirt and hunt the QB. Maybe a guy like James Gayle or Dion Jordan is there in the 2nd and I think those are the type of guys that can come in on 3rd down as a rookie and hunt the QB.
    I think Miami would have to trade up for Banks or Milliner, but I would be happy if they got one of those guys. I'm starting to think Jordan goes round 1. Really like his game, though I don't know if the Dolphins would use him at DE or LB. Not sure how good he is against the run. Kind of like a Jason Taylor coming out IMO.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The value of getting luck is >>>>>>>>>>> than beating the jets...
    By thephinger in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 10:13 PM
  2. Jets beating each other up
    By refjaf55 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 05:28 AM
  3. Odds of us beating the Jets
    By dolfans34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 08:06 AM
  4. Love beating those Jets
    By FinFan71 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 10:33 PM
  5. If the Phins are beating the Jets by 14 in the 4th Quarter..
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2002, 05:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •