Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post beating the Jets Mock Draft!

1. -21
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If Carroll keeps improving and we resign Smith, corner will not be a HIGH priority IMO.

Carroll has looked pretty damn good so far.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are undermining what this Secondary can become under Philbin & Co...A CB or S have to be pretty special to warrant our 1st rd pick, in order to start over what we have today, but that may change if Brady tears them apart...what we dont have, is a capable pass rusher opposite Wake, and an Elite-type WR, and Vernon needs work, so my choice would be Keenan Allen /Hunter/Woods....and Swope or Stills with the late 3rd...maybe even 4th
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm curious as to where Knile Davis will be drafted. Based on talent alone he's one of my favorite RBs in college football. He's had the injuries, missed 2011 and Arkansas is pretty awful this year, but Davis was one heck of a back in 2010, great stats across the board. If he ends up getting drafted anywhere even near the 7th rd he could be one of the steals of the draft imo. Talent wise, he strikes me as a solid 1st rounder.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    Our Free Agents-

Franchise Tag Jake Long and put a first round tender on him

Resign-
    Randy Starks
    Sean Smith
    Brian Hartline

Free Agents-
    Jared Cook TE
    Greg Jennings WR

Draft-
    1st- Eric Reid FS LSU
    2nd- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
    2nd- Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    3rd- Marquess Wilson WR Washington St.
    3rd- Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma
    4th-Travis Long OLB Washington St.
    5th-B.W. Webb CB William & Mary
    6th-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    7th-Knile Davis RB Arkansas

Let me know what you guys think!
    I dont know what the fascination is with Jennings around here. The guys getting up there in age, is going to want way more than he's worth and he's injury prone. I like the draft but its really far fetched. CB's and WR's go early and often, especially in the late 1st/early 2nd range. With a premium on those 2 positions in todays NFL there's not much of a chance of Rhodes being there mid 2nd round when we'll likely pick. Thanks to the Colts winning a few games they probably shouldnt have and a light schedule, they'll likely end up 8-8. Id be really surprised if Rhodes, Wilson and Stills are there to even be picked where you have them going. I REALLY dont like taking a safety in the 1st round when you have other more pressing needs. Im not a big fan of Clemons but Id prefer to draft another premium position in the 1st. Unless Reid is the 2nd coming of Reed than you could do better with that 1st rounder. Id prefer to take a WR, CB, DE with that 1st rounder. All 3 of those positions are more important to upgrade than Clemons imo. I definitely dont think we should wait until the 3rd round to take a WR. The WR you have us taking (Wilson) wont be there in the 3rd and the other Stills, doesnt really fit what we need. I love Stills, Im an OU fan but he's not what the Dolphins need. Assuming Ireland takes a pass rusher/CB with our 1st, like I think he will. Just dont see him going S or WR in the 1st, I think we have to take a WR in the 2nd round, and Id like to see us take one with our first 2nd rounder or even trade up to the top of the 2nd to make sure we get a guy who can make a difference. We have plenty of "solid" WR's, what we need is a guy who can turn a short pass into a long pass, or a guy who can consistently make plays, especially in the red zone. Hartline and Bess aren't anywhere close to being viable red-zone targets. JMO
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One more on the Dion Jordan band wagon. This guy is amazing. With his length he can deceptively close in on the an or ball carrier. He has the skills to line up and cover the slot or te. The guy might be the most athletic defended in the draft. I'd take him with our first if he lasts that long, forget about getting him after round 1 cause he's on the rise.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Csonka View Post
    One more on the Dion Jordan band wagon. This guy is amazing. With his length he can deceptively close in on the an or ball carrier. He has the skills to line up and cover the slot or te. The guy might be the most athletic defended in the draft. I'd take him with our first if he lasts that long, forget about getting him after round 1 cause he's on the rise.
    If anyone has a Bruce Irvin type rise in the draft it's Dion Jordan. Love what I see of him, so explosive and athletic.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Terrible 1st round pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Csonka View Post
    Given the way Oregon uses him all over the place and his amazing versatility - linebacker, boundary cb, covering slot receiver.... And that his pass rush is good but not stellar, does anyone think he might actually be drafted as a hybrid player for covering the Gronk-type TE more so than a classic DE?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea he seems like a guy who put all over the place and give people headaches. I don't think his pass rush is that bad but he could get stronger.
    Quote Quote