Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Liberal Indoctrination Process

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    I suspected I would get the reaction I did from the "liberal" regulars on this forum.

Maybe you consider yourselves the unique few that can really see things objectively. It's pretty obvious that many of you don't, and your comebacks consist of quips or pictures that dismiss what I write as a joke. How can one even think that your outlook on life could have been remotely been shaped by the media and your schooling? Get real.

Aside from your parents, your biggest role models will be mentors like teachers and/or celebrity idols etc. Many kids don't even have two parents to guide them, so guess who is going to have a big impact on their beliefs and outlook?

It's easier to laugh and reject everything I put forth on here, because otherwise it would mean admitting you have been duped by your beloved professors and TV programs.

The second pro-Obama ad has been compared to ads that uses children to exalt North Korea's leaders. Maybe you need a more side by side comparison to see my point.

The Dunham Obama ad has been compared to an ad that was done by Vladamir Putin. Again, appealing to people's emotions and has no substance as a means to influence voters.

Again, not playing to the victim card, but I am simply showing how entrenched "liberal" or "Progressive" propaganda has become, and such ads are sadly similar to those ads found in Russia or North Korea.

People should be insulted by the ads, and dismayed at the use of kids as a political tool. I have seen kids used too many times used as a means to push through so many Propositions for fear that education will get cut and children will suffer. It's almost always misleading, and the schools rarely benefit because such funds are used pay off the teachers unions (not teachers) instead of getting books and school supplies. These unions, in turn, help to keep those who create these Propositions in power.

Furthermore, many of you have bought into "climate change" as being our ultimate demise or "class warfare" as a zero sum game between the rich and poor. As you read this, you think how stupid or how dare he challenge the very tenets of liberalism. Where do you think you learned these beliefs? Likely your professors or your favorite MSNBC program. Just saying.

Ultimately, the name-calling or jokes just mask an uncomfortable insecurity in your own belief system, and the need to have it reaffirmed by those similarly deluded.

I don't believe in the Illuminati nor do I believe that that we are living in "1984" as of yet, so you can put your tin foil hats away. However, I do believe that the "Progressives" are now running the show (think media-government complex), and have in a sense become "the system," "the machine" or "the man." Americans turn to "the system" hoping they (socialized government) have the answers, but ultimately these Progressive leaders placate their followers with false hopes and buy votes through government subsidized programs and welfare. Those that do speak out against big government (namely libertarians or conservatives) are labeled as racists, religious zealots, misogynists, plutocrats (usually without cause), and are summarily dismissed by the media as not being PC or out of touch.

The government needs to be held accountable to the people, but not enough people are questioning the motives and the actions of their chosen leaders. The issue is being further compounded by a media that propagates government lies (Benghazi for example) and an educational system that doesn't teach kids to think critically but encourages collectivism or group think. America was founded on individualism, and taking calculated risks not being lemmings.

Obama tells us to just trust him and the government with our healthcare (Obamacare), trust them with out tax payer money (massive stimulus spending that result in hemorrhaging debt), and on foreign policy matters (he'll stop Iran from getting the nuke but couldn't do a thing about Benghazi). Anyone who trusts "the system" will come away disappointed. It's time to shake things up, and buck "the system" in 2012 by voting the incumbent out of office.
    If progressives are so influential how come we didn't get a public option?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, not playing to the victim card, but I am simply showing how entrenched "liberal" or "Progressive" propaganda has become, and such ads are sadly similar to those ads found in Russia or North Korea.
    Good thing your on here to keep us focused on the real issues! Dont let the dirty godless liberals on the forum distract people from the real issues.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This pathetic thread reminds me of a quote I read a while back in a review of a Glenn Beck "movie."

FACT: Being an American is boring. No matter how stupid or poor you are, you almost always have enough food and water. You crave excitement and stimulation! And fear is the bored man’s orgasm. It’s actually kind of sad: many of Glenn Beck’s supporters peaked one morning about eleven years ago when they watched some buildings from their postcards burn down on TV, and they’ve been chasing that high ever since. The Muslims, the Mexicans, the Religious War, the Race War, they will always be right around the corner! Arm yourself now! Educate yourself with the truth, and the truth will set you…back around 50 grand, 60 if you want the bunker that comes with a dojo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Socialized government from a far-right President like Obama? Come on now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suspected I would get the reaction I did from the "liberal" regulars on this forum.

Maybe you consider yourselves the unique few that can really see things objectively. It's pretty obvious that many of you don't, and your comebacks consist of quips or pictures that dismiss what I write as a joke. How can one even think that your outlook on life could have been remotely been shaped by the media and your schooling? Get real.

Aside from your parents, your biggest role models will be mentors like teachers and/or celebrity idols etc. Many kids don't even have two parents to guide them, so guess who is going to have a big impact on their beliefs and outlook?

It's easier to laugh and reject everything I put forth on here, because otherwise it would mean admitting you have been duped by your beloved professors and TV programs.
    There is a reason you are getting this reaction. You are suggesting a wide ranging conspiracy based on weak anecdotal evidence. Even if I agreed that the things you posted are examples of indoctrination it would be a drop in an ocean. Every one of us has an unending number of external influences throughout our lives.

With just teachers alone, there are a plethora of sources with multiple new teachers every single year. In order for your view to hold true, that would mean an inordinate percentage of all teachers would all have to not only hold the same views, but promote them as well.

In my 19 years of education thus far, I have only ever had one teacher promote liberal ideas in class (college) and he was a former political prisoner from Iran. And before you assume I was indoctrinated early or in a subtle fashion, I was a republican until I was about 23. I was even Vice President of my school's college Republicans.

There will always be people who try to influence others to think like them and there will always be people who are unable or unwilling to think for themselves. And they are not exclusive to left wingers. Hell, the Texas school board of education literally rewrote parts of their history textbooks to better fit their ideology.

But despite all of that, the very notion of indoctrination is pretty silly imo. The idea that a grown individual is incapable of being open to new ideas or changing his or her mind about something because of what they were "taught" as a child doesn't hold water. Such a thing is a failing on behalf of the individual.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For some it starts in the home, or maybe sitting around watching Saturday morning cartoons (Captain Planet anyone?).
    Also, to think that Captain Planet is a kind of propaganda implies that straight up polluting the environment is an equally valid position to hold as someone against polluting the environment. There is no argument to be made that polluting is good. The argument is what should we do about it considering the various consequences involved.

I don't recall Captain Planet ever attacking a legitimate business that employed honest workers and provided a valuable service
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Also, to think that Captain Planet is a kind of propaganda implies that straight up polluting the environment is an equally valid position to hold as someone against polluting the environment. There is no argument to be made that polluting is good. The argument is what should we do about it considering the various consequences involved.

I don't recall Captain Planet ever attacking a legitimate business that employed honest workers and provided a valuable service
    Of course you can't argue that pollution is a good thing, but by the same token the show paints capitalism as a destroyer of worlds due to excessive greed (symbolically represented by Hoggish Greedly), and the only means to stop it is through the creation of a mini-United Nations (our powers combined). Our military is also demonized, while globalism is largely embraced (see a description of episode 82 in the link below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lanet_episodes

The show is the brainchild of Ted Turner, so one shouldn't be surprised.

Here's an article someone wrote back in the day that shares the same sentiment.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/captain...lanetprop.html

I feel silly having to defend this example, because I thought it was fairly apparent. Again, if I have to explain how this is propaganda, than it merely proves my point. Do you even recognize when you are being manipulated?

It's kind of like the movie Inception, how would you know the idea is yours, or was the idea idea merely planted in your head and you are made to believe it as your own?

Yes, there are a multitude of influences over a lifetime, but again children will be largely influenced by what they are taught in school and their exposure to media (books, movies, TV, etc.). 75% of all school teachers are self-proclaimed liberals, and I don't need to tell you the political leanings of Hollywood. Again, depending upon where you live and how much TV you watch could make a difference. Yes, people can and sometimes do change their minds over time (usually as a result of life's lessons or seeking out information), but the lessons one are taught as a child will always be there and often shape our outlook on the world.

If you doubt me, try this: Is diversity always a good thing? Is profiling always a bad thing? Should equality always be promoted?

Hopefully, you didn't cheat and scan ahead.

If you are like most people, we have been taught in school how wonderful diversity is. However would want your racing jockey to look like a Sumo wrestler for the sake of diversity, or would you be satisfied with a basketball team with a dwarf as your starting forward? Probably not. You are likely taught not to judge a book by its cover or that profiling is wrong. If profiling is so bad why have police line-ups or why give out a description of what the suspect looks like? Because it's efficient and it gets results. Who gets to decide when playing field has been leveled, and equality exists? We are taught to play fair, but as we know (ala Lance Armstrong) this doesn't always happen. In a truly equal society you wind up with a Harrison Bergeron reality. So we are never really wanting "true" equality, and those that claim they do are merely looking to penalize those that have an advantage.

Again, try this test with your friends and you will most likely get responses that diversity is always good, profiling is always bad, and that we should always promote equality whenever possible, as opposed to affording people the same opportunity to compete.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I revel in it
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course you can't argue that pollution is a good thing, but by the same token the show paints capitalism as a destroyer of worlds due to excessive greed (symbolically represented by Hoggish Greedly), and the only means to stop it is through the creation of a mini-United Nations (our powers combined). Our military is also demonized, while globalism is largely embraced (see a description of episode 82 in the link below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lanet_episodes
    Didnt capitalism make the show? If Republicans didnt like it, they should have made a better show to combat it. Naturally, if a capitalistic paid for television show runs any sort of liberal ideology: its sinister indoctrination. We all know the only indoctrination thats acceptable in America is religion. But not all religions.

I will say that you won this thread though. Actually linking Captain Planets list of episodes as your coup de grace instantly wins my respect.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not going to lie, the ones with the kids are kind of disturbing.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote