Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Round Wide Receivers

1. -21
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like what I've seen of him on tape. Who would you compare him to and do you think he'd be a good fit for a WC offense like Miami's?

Well I'm a firm believer that explosive talent fits any offense. I don't know of any offense where talent doesn't fit.

A lot of the concepts that Marshall runs under Doc Holliday fit West Coast principles. Holliday has coached a lot of receivers in college that were fits in a WCO at the next level, going all the way back to Koren Robinson and Jerricho Cotchery.

I'm not sure who I'd compare Dobson to because there's a lot of comparisons to be made, although he's always reminded me a little bit of Germane Crowell when he came out of Virginia some years back.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Well I'm a firm believer that explosive talent fits any offense. I don't know of any offense where talent doesn't fit.

A lot of the concepts that Marshall runs under Doc Holliday fit West Coast principles. Holliday has coached a lot of receivers in college that were fits in a WCO at the next level, going all the way back to Koren Robinson and Jerricho Cotchery.

I'm not sure who I'd compare Dobson to because there's a lot of comparisons to be made, although he's always reminded me a little bit of Germane Crowell when he came out of Virginia some years back.
    The latest Bleacher Report mock had him going late first round.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player

-

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

Never seen that kid before I read this thread. What little I can find of him online is very impressive. He has tremendous acceleration and those hands are magnetic. Good route runner. Great blocker. Marshall seem to play a high tempo offense with a lot of variety, which suits ours. I am impressed. Would like to find more to watch on him.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm on the Markus Wheaton in the 2nd round Bandwagon.

Dion Jordan (Oregon DE) in the 1st as well.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I don't disagree I'm just saying the Rams took Donnie Avery in 2008 with the #33 pick and now they've taken Brian Quick at #33...there's always one GM who's thinking outside the box. If the kids been productive and he's got the measurables someone will take a chance on him. I'm not concerned cause I know it won't be us.
    Donnie Avery wasn't looking bad for them before his knee exploded to be fair. Quick was a measurable pick. Extremely raw but it does say something that he can't get many looks with Amendola hurt and the other WRs being Steve Smith, Brandon Gibson, and Chris Givens (who to be fair is proving to be a great deep threat).

Dobson is an interesting prospect. DC had him as top senior WR preseason (rankings haven't been updated since Terrence Williams is 3rd) and dude catches everything
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Donnie Avery wasn't looking bad for them before his knee exploded to be fair. Quick was a measurable pick. Extremely raw but it does say something that he can't get many looks with Amendola hurt and the other WRs being Steve Smith, Brandon Gibson, and Chris Givens (who to be fair is proving to be a great deep threat).

Dobson is an interesting prospect. DC had him as top senior WR preseason (rankings haven't been updated since Terrence Williams is 3rd) and dude catches everything
    Dobson was on my radar but unfortunately I switched internet service providers and I no longer have access to ESPN3.com. Marshall is never on TV so I can't get a look at this kid.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Someone said Marquess Wilson could slip to the 3rd round. This kid might slip further than that...seems he has some off-field issues.

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Washington State star receiver Marquess Wilson was suspended on Monday for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Team spokesman Bill Stevens could not say how long the suspension would last or specifics about why Wilson was punished by first-year coach Mike Leach.

The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reported Monday that Wilson stormed out of a team practice early on Sunday evening.

Washington State (2-7, 0-6) was blown out 49-6 at Utah on Saturday for their sixth consecutive loss. Afterward, Leach complained that the effort of his players was "bordering on cowardice."

"That could have been a zombie convention," he said of his team's play.

Wilson, a junior, has been the target of Leach's criticism for much of the season, and has recently been demoted from his starting position despite leading the team in receiving. Wilson has caught 52 passes for 813 yards and five touchdowns this season.

Last season, he caught 82 passes for 1,388 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Washington State plays No. 17 UCLA in Pullman on Saturday.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    to be fair, Mike Leach is insane so it's really hard to know what's going on out there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The issues with Wilson go all the way back to the spring. Leach has been trying to coach him up in an attempt to get him to practice and work hard since he took to the job.... no success.

Leach is strange and has his own history of bizarre behavior, but you have to question Wilson's ability to be coached at this point. Leach is tasked with trying to change the losing culture at Washington St. and was tired of the lazy and sloppy practice habits.

If the right coach can get through to him, they'll have themselves a playmaking wide receiver in Wilson.... but it's risky at this point. I don't see teams shying away from him very long once he makes it out of the 1st round. Certainly don't think the odds are good of Wilson coming back to play another year under Leach..... might as well declare early and move on if it's just not going to work out for you in Pullman.

Kids like Mike Williams have quit on their team in the middle of the season, get drafted in the 4th round, and become a starter quickly.

Guys like this are perfect fits for the NFL where there's established leadership in the lockerroom. If they won't listen to their coach, they tend to listen to certain guys in the lockerroom. But not always a good fit for college football. Fact is, there's a lot of teams in the NFL who trot out guys in their starting lineups every Sunday that aren't as talented as some of these college kids, and teams will take a chance on talent.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 11-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Quote