Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: How low can they go....????

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How low can they go....????

I am always wondering how low they can go. Trying to explain redistribution by taking candies from kids?
    Considering that there is no redistribution going on or proposed I would say this is indoctrination based on lies to the most vulnerable: our kids.
    Well done Steven Crowder and Fox News.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You and I have very different ideas of what means to be "indoctrinated." Years of exposure to leftist media and schooling versus this. The clip was trying to make a point that taking that which was earned and giving it to those who haven't isn't exactly fair. In other words punishing people for their success just because they are successful. Jon Lovitz, a Democrat, even made a comment to that effect- we are told to go out and achieve your dream, but once you do it... you get a big f#@$ you from the government and everyone else.

I think the funniest part is that the kids got the lesson, but you didn't.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    You and I have very different ideas of what means to be "indoctrinated." Years of exposure to leftist media and schooling versus this. The clip was trying to make a point that taking that which was earned and giving it to those who haven't isn't exactly fair. In other words punishing people for their success just because they are successful. Jon Lovitz, a Democrat, even made a comment to that effect- we are told to go out and achieve your dream, but once you do it... you get a big f#@$ you from the government and everyone else.

I think the funniest part is that the kids got the lesson, but you didn't.
    Well, we have that 'indoctrination process' for the last 3 1/2 years from the right. You don't need to have a class setting for that or do it 24/7. Though we have maybe a different idea about indoctrination it should not take away from the basics of that video: false information, wrong education, using the most vulnerable to make a political point.

Sure the kids got it that someone wanted to take their ideas away. No kid wants their candies taken away. But going back to the old tax rates is hardly redistribution. Or are you telling me that under Clinton we had wealth redistribution?

See the funny part is that you have no clue what you are talking about when you and your righties say "redistribution".
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You see the video clips at the beginning showing several liberal candidates stating that the rich (presumably the 1% types) do not pay their fair share. In other words, those that have worked hard and made a lot of money should not be allowed to keep as much of it, and should be taxed more heavily than those that have earned less. It can be argued that money that is paid in taxes by the wealthy is then "redistributed" to the poor in the form of social welfare programs. Such "redistribution" is not as transparent as simply taking candy out of one bag and putting into another, but the premise still holds true. And before you go arguing that the poor pay taxes too, and therefore contribute to these programs...

Consider this:

When all federal taxes are included, the top 1 percent paid 22.3 percent of taxes in 2009, compared to the bottom 20 percent, who paid only 0.3 percent of the taxes. That means that the proportion of taxes paid by the top 1 percent is 74 times the amount paid by bottom 20 percent.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/the-ri...2#.UJL4esWHJ3o

So now the video is doing a social experiment with kids on Halloween. It's not indoctrination, since the kids are allowed to draw their own conclusions, and are not being told how to think. Most kids concluded that when you work hard to get more candy, it's "wrong" for someone to "redistribute" one's candy for the sake of "fairness."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not seeing the point of this video. Should we base our fiscal policies based on the reaction/thought process of 8 year olds?
    Quote Quote