Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: 5 days out, post your predictions here

  1. -11
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,667
    vCash:
    34632
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Last election I got every state right and missed only the one electoral vote from Nebraska, so there.


    either way: you are right Obama wins. I am right Obama wins.

    We differ only on two states: FL and CO. I wasn't sure about Colorado.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    TrojanFin's Avatar
    Make It Rain!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    168
    vCash:
    1201
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of these predictions look like wishful thinking to me. Romney wins 279 to Obama's 259.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,049
    vCash:
    16505
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know you guys are going to scorch me today but I will be the one laughing Wednesday morning...Romney 299, Obama 239! All of you who are thumping your chest about predicting the last election shouldn't get too excited as that one was pretty darned easy. This one is going to be a roller coaster ride where many states will be very, very close. I think there is a fairly decent chance that Romney gets more than 300 electoral votes but we shall see!

    http://www.270towin.com/2012_electio...php?mapid=bcRg
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,049
    vCash:
    16505
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh yeah, Romney wins the popular vote 51-48. The Senate...that one I am scared to even offer an opinion but pray Harry Reid is ousted one way or the other!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    spydertl79's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,807
    vCash:
    1297
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama wins Electoral College by a wide margin but smaller than in '08
    He wins the Popular Vote by less than 2%

    ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I know you guys are going to scorch me today but I will be the one laughing Wednesday morning...Romney 299, Obama 239! All of you who are thumping your chest about predicting the last election shouldn't get too excited as that one was pretty darned easy. This one is going to be a roller coaster ride where many states will be very, very close. I think there is a fairly decent chance that Romney gets more than 300 electoral votes but we shall see!

    http://www.270towin.com/2012_electio...php?mapid=bcRg
    Not a big fan of polls, I see. Interesting.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,049
    vCash:
    16505
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: 5 days out, post your predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Obama wins Electoral College by a wide margin but smaller than in '08
    He wins the Popular Vote by less than 2%

    ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------


    Not a big fan of polls, I see. Interesting.
    Very big fan of Rasmussen and Gallup, not a fan at all of polls using 2008 turnout as basis for 2012. I guess that we will find out who is correct soon enough.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,667
    vCash:
    34632
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    Most of these predictions look like wishful thinking to me. Romney wins 279 to Obama's 259.
    And yours is not? You have a time machine which you used to go to November 6 and come back and that you can tell us that your 'prediction' is in fact how the election will play out?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,843
    vCash:
    5433
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even Rasmussen will admit he has no idea who is winning. All of his polls have it dead-even or one guy leading but well within the margin of error. Any unbiased, reputable pollster (not Dick Morris) will admit that. This one is razor thin unlike the last one.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the next coach of our Miami Dolphins!

    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,049
    vCash:
    16505
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: 5 days out, post your predictions here

    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Even Rasmussen will admit he has no idea who is winning. All of his polls have it dead-even or one guy leading but well within the margin of error. Any unbiased, reputable pollster (not Dick Morris) will admit that. This one is razor thin unlike the last one.
    I can agree with this, I just don't think Obama will win. I stand by my prediction and will take my lumps if I am wrong.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    542
    vCash:
    2928
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    Most of these predictions look like wishful thinking to me. Romney wins 279 to Obama's 259.
    Could you break down which swing states he'll win, I'm interested to see a conservative's view on which ones they think he'll take.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
  2. the return of d-day presents... d-days 18,000 post
    By d-day in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
  3. d-days 16,000 post whore-arama
    By d-day in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
  4. d-days 14,000th post extravaganza
    By d-day in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
  5. ***d-days 3000th post extravaganza***
    By d-day in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •