Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Shortest List Ever — Republican accomplishments of the last 20 years??

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,782
    vCash:
    1270
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Shortest List Ever — Republican accomplishments of the last 20 years??

    Harris doesn’t seem to be able to think of anything, until he tries “The Bush administration kept the country safe.” To which Matthews responds:

    I just wanted to get the Republican bragging points straight here. So the Republican Party has kept us safe, except for 9/11. Is that the argument? No, really, because you had the worst attack on the American homeland in history, but you’re bragging about your ability to defend the country. … That’s your defense, right?

    Harris doesn’t have an answer.

    So is it really true that the Republicans don’t have any recent accomplishments? Interestingly, even the Republican National Committee website had trouble coming up with any real accomplishments in the last twenty years:

    The Republican National Committee has a newly-redesigned website on which party leaders have highlighted the party’s accomplishments dating back 150 years. For the past 20 years, the page lists the following: a D.C. school voucher scheme (which didn’t work), invading Iraq (which didn’t turn out well), tax cuts for the wealthy (which isn’t exactly an “accomplishment”), invading Afghanistan (which Republicans didn’t handle well), welfare reform (which Clinton signed into law), and the Contract with America (which, again, isn’t an “accomplishment” in any meaningful sense of the word).




    http://politicalirony.com/2010/01/12...last-20-years/
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2012
    Posts:
    84
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The list of monumental failures by President Barack Obama continues to grow as his Presidency becomes defined by lack of direction, lack of purpose and lack of leadership.


    From Afghanistan to the Economy to oil spills, the Obama administration lackluster record highlights a Presidency of ineptitude, incompetence and inability to respond in times of national emergency.


    The White House’s slow response to the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has become the Obama’s Katrina — a testament to the federal government’s inability to react quickly in a crisis. The President’s expanded war effort in Afghanistan has failed so miserably that even the General in charge of the operation admits “nobody is winning.”


    While Obama claims progress on the economy, more Americans remain out of work than at any time in the nation’s history and economists admit that many of them may never find a decent job again.


    Now comes word that the President’s attempt to throw more taxpayer money into the “war on drugs” is a “colossal failure.”


    Reports the Associated Press:


    This week President Obama promised to “reduce drug use and the great damage it causes” with a new national policy that he said treats drug use more as a public health issue and focuses on prevention and treatment.


    Nevertheless, his administration has increased spending on interdiction and law enforcement to record levels both in dollars and in percentage terms; this year, they account for $10 billion of his $15.5 billion drug-control budget.


    Even U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske concedes the strategy hasn’t worked.


    But while evidence points to Obma’s growing record of failure as President, the media that fawn over him continue to look the other way.


    Write Michael Medved on AOL.Com:


    Less than five years after George W. Bush wrecked his presidency through his limp response to a natural disaster in Louisiana, President Barack Obama has escaped largely unscathed from his similarly feckless response to a man-made disaster in precisely the same part of the country. Republicans have gained scant traction for their attempts to tag the massive oil spill off the Louisiana coast as “Obama’s Katrina.”


    Is this a clear-cut case of media bias, or an appropriate contrast in press coverage of two very different calamities?


    In one of the few prominent criticisms of Obama’s crisis management, The New York Times explicitly acknowledged a resemblance between the bumbling reaction of the Obama and the Bush administrations to their respective Gulf Coast catastrophes. In a stinging May 1 editorial, the nation’s “journal of record” declared that “the administration should not have waited, and should have intervened much more quickly on its own initiative. … The timetable is damning. … What we do know is that we now face a huge disaster whose consequences might have been minimized with swifter action.”


    Nevertheless, neither the Times nor its counterparts in mainstream media followed up aggressively in emphasizing the administration’s incompetence.

    But while the media continues to look the other way when it comes to Obama’s mistakes, Democrats worry that his Presidency, combined with the lackluster Democratic leadership in Congress, could spell disaster at the polls.


    Some admit privately that Obama could become the biggest Democratic disappointment in the White House since Jimmy Carter.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,782
    vCash:
    1270
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsFreak View Post
    The list of monumental failures by President Barack Obama continues to grow as his Presidency becomes defined by lack of direction, lack of purpose and lack of leadership.


    From Afghanistan to the Economy to oil spills, the Obama administration lackluster record highlights a Presidency of ineptitude, incompetence and inability to respond in times of national emergency.


    The White House’s slow response to the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has become the Obama’s Katrina — a testament to the federal government’s inability to react quickly in a crisis. The President’s expanded war effort in Afghanistan has failed so miserably that even the General in charge of the operation admits “nobody is winning.”


    While Obama claims progress on the economy, more Americans remain out of work than at any time in the nation’s history and economists admit that many of them may never find a decent job again.


    Now comes word that the President’s attempt to throw more taxpayer money into the “war on drugs” is a “colossal failure.”


    Reports the Associated Press:


    This week President Obama promised to “reduce drug use and the great damage it causes” with a new national policy that he said treats drug use more as a public health issue and focuses on prevention and treatment.


    Nevertheless, his administration has increased spending on interdiction and law enforcement to record levels both in dollars and in percentage terms; this year, they account for $10 billion of his $15.5 billion drug-control budget.


    Even U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske concedes the strategy hasn’t worked.


    But while evidence points to Obma’s growing record of failure as President, the media that fawn over him continue to look the other way.


    Write Michael Medved on AOL.Com:


    Less than five years after George W. Bush wrecked his presidency through his limp response to a natural disaster in Louisiana, President Barack Obama has escaped largely unscathed from his similarly feckless response to a man-made disaster in precisely the same part of the country. Republicans have gained scant traction for their attempts to tag the massive oil spill off the Louisiana coast as “Obama’s Katrina.”


    Is this a clear-cut case of media bias, or an appropriate contrast in press coverage of two very different calamities?


    In one of the few prominent criticisms of Obama’s crisis management, The New York Times explicitly acknowledged a resemblance between the bumbling reaction of the Obama and the Bush administrations to their respective Gulf Coast catastrophes. In a stinging May 1 editorial, the nation’s “journal of record” declared that “the administration should not have waited, and should have intervened much more quickly on its own initiative. … The timetable is damning. … What we do know is that we now face a huge disaster whose consequences might have been minimized with swifter action.”


    Nevertheless, neither the Times nor its counterparts in mainstream media followed up aggressively in emphasizing the administration’s incompetence.

    But while the media continues to look the other way when it comes to Obama’s mistakes, Democrats worry that his Presidency, combined with the lackluster Democratic leadership in Congress, could spell disaster at the polls.


    Some admit privately that Obama could become the biggest Democratic disappointment in the White House since Jimmy Carter.
    Wow, this is it? So again no accomplishments? You couldn't name one?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    spydertl79's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,807
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    George W Bush probably did more to help AIDS relief in Africa than anyone else ever has...

    Wow, that is about the only thing that comes to mind
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    poornate's Avatar
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,337
    vCash:
    1048
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    George W Bush probably did more to help AIDS relief in Africa than anyone else ever has...

    Wow, that is about the only thing that comes to mind
    I have ofetn said that i love George Bush for the attention he officially paid to Africa... and more than just AIDS (which was huge)... but the investments he encouraged in malaria prevention and in water issues have no presidential comparison... it was a monumental success for his administration... also... i though he performed as chief of state admirably in the immediate wake of 9-11... I cannot see the weight of 9-11 being placed on his administration at all, never have... it was an American tragedy that i do not believe was forecastable... his intensely over-the-top response after the immediate attention he paid to the nation was a shame... and continues to be a blight on our nation... but that does not delete his other contributions and successes...
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,358
    vCash:
    1177
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is hard to imagine Mitt Romney or John McCain supporting Africa in a similar way. However, that does not excuse all of his other improprieties.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    TrojanFin's Avatar
    The Chosen One Awaits

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    163
    vCash:
    1077
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Many of the accomplishments of the Republican party involve cleaning up the messes left behind by their Democratic counterparts.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    Many of the accomplishments of the Republican party involve cleaning up the messes left behind by their Democratic counterparts.
    I truly feel sorry for people like you. Everyone deserves the ability to think freely and without influence from malicious sources. I truly hope that one day you experience this...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Vaark's Avatar
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,258
    vCash:
    12821
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at least when Willard Romney was a flip-flopping 1 term govenor of Mass (at least not counting the 1 yr he was out of state campaigning for his 08 presidential run) if you count being better than 3 other states in the union, then indeed he was a successful Repub in job creation


    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 democratic accomplishments during the 111th congress
    By CRAZYDOLFAN305 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
  2. Miami Dolphins’ offseason accomplishments
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •