Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Economist Endorses Obama

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Economist Endorses Obama

Spesh, I am a white, anglo-saxon, protestant, heterosexual male - the supposed "Man". However, no amount of regulation, laws, or liberal crap is going to make people treat each other equally. I am truly sorry that you were discriminated against, for whatever reason. However, I don't act that way. I have women, homosexuals, hispanics, and blacks that work for me...because they are amazing at what they do not because of what they look like or who they sleep with. Please do not associate my conservatism with being prejudice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Come on man, let's be honest about what has happened the past four years. You mention above that house and senate Republicans have not worked with Obama and the liberals but no one seems to be concerned that Obama and the liberal congressmen have refused to work with the conservatives. Obama had a super majority in the house and senate his first two years and he, Pelosi, and Reid rammed insane spending, Obamacare, and the like down the nation's throat. Then, when America speaks with their ballot and turns over the house, he wants to cry that no one wants to play nice. No one speaks of Obama's or Reid's obstructionism. No one speaks of the absence of a budget for four freaking years! No wonder we are broke and in debt! No one speaks of buying votes with phones or the nearly 1000 executive orders for everything he can't ram through congress. I think that the house republicans stopped us from sliding past the point of no return by at least hand-cuffing Obama. I think that it speaks volumes of how liberal and outside of traditional American values that Obama's adgenda is that he has successfully cast those who stand for traditional American values and conservative ideals as the "radicals" and that no one on the other side of the isle will work with him. No other president in the past 50 years has been stone-walled by congress like Obama has and that is not indicative of partisan politics, it is indicative of how "progressive" and contrary to American values Obama's agenda truly is. Wake up from the media fog and see what is going on...the man is running America into the ground.
    When the people vote Democrats into the White House, the majority of the House, and 60% of the Senate, Republicans should've been happy just to be acknowledged. Our government has plenty of protections for the minority party. So when the rare circumstance arises in which the majority has the authority to do what they want, the minority party is in no place to get butt hurt when the majority tries to actually act.

Not to mention, it was the Republicans themselves who, throughout the Bush administration's tenure, were constantly decrying parliamentary procedure, clamoring for nothing but up and down votes on everything they wanted.

And even beyond that, the things the democrats passed with that mandate were moderate to conservative policies. It could've just as easily been a Republican president signing his or her name on those laws.

The Republican leadership has simply adopted a scorched earth style of politics. When they are in power, they run up the debt on whatever they want to try to "starve the beast" and when they are out of power they advocate deficit reduction and stall as much legislation as they can.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    When the people vote Democrats into the White House, the majority of the House, and 60% of the Senate, Republicans should've been happy just to be acknowledged. Our government has plenty of protections for the minority party. So when the rare circumstance arises in which the majority has the authority to do what they want, the minority party is in no place to get butt hurt when the majority tries to actually act.

Not to mention, it was the Republicans themselves who, throughout the Bush administration's tenure, were constantly decrying parliamentary procedure, clamoring for nothing but up and down votes on everything they wanted.

And even beyond that, the things the democrats passed with that mandate were moderate to conservative policies. It could've just as easily been a Republican president signing his or her name on those laws.

The Republican leadership has simply adopted a scorched earth style of politics. When they are in power, they run up the debt on whatever they want to try to "starve the beast" and when they are out of power they advocate deficit reduction and stall as much legislation as they can.
    As I have said many times, we shall see how this plays out. I am just as disgusted with Republicans of late as I am with Liberals. But, as I have also said, Romney and the Republicans are the best option that I have right now. America really deserves a lot better than what either party currently offers us. I pray that I am wrong about Obama as there is a very good chance we will have four more years. The politics matter very little to me but the success of the USA is very important. I would rather be wrong and the USA thrive than the other way around. However, I am not wrong on this type of thing all too often.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Much like it says in the link i presented, its sets a dangerous precedence for both parties if this blackmail is rewarded. Its not beyond imagining that the minority will only try and sabotage the majority and refuse to compromise about anything. That is not beyond imagining because we have just lived through it.
    This is it for me.
    This is the crux of why I have drifted away from the republican party.
    The scorched earth tactics and increasing radicalization of the party are unacceptable to me.

Just look at the list of yahoo's that they trotted out for the primaries.
    Bachman?, Cain?, Gingrich?, Perry? Santorum?

I do admit that I really liked Huntsman. He was like Romney with a backbone.
    Wasn't afraid to go against the grain and put revenue on the table.
    Wasn't afraid to say climate change is real.

I think he was using this election cycle as a practice run.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    What is your explanation for the Iowa paper that always endorses the democrat, endorsing Romney? Or how about the Orlando sentinel which you know is considered the "slantniel" for its left wing leanings, supporting Romney?
    I would explain that they have their own opinions and came to their own conclusions, including the right-wing Orlando Sentinel.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Spesh, I am a white, anglo-saxon, protestant, heterosexual male - the supposed "Man". However, no amount of regulation, laws, or liberal crap is going to make people treat each other equally. I am truly sorry that you were discriminated against, for whatever reason. However, I don't act that way. I have women, homosexuals, hispanics, and blacks that work for me...because they are amazing at what they do not because of what they look like or who they sleep with. Please do not associate my conservatism with being prejudice.

Eh? I stated that the Republican position(and by that, i was refering to the rights politicians and how they vote on those issues) on those stances is something i would consider "anti-American" as far as our values go. I was trying to point out that "value" is in the eye of the beholder. Its all perception. Didnt say anything about personal experience or accusing you of discrimination.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Eh? I stated that the Republican position(and by that, i was refering to the rights politicians and how they vote on those issues) on those stances is something i would consider "anti-American" as far as our values go. I was trying to point out that "value" is in the eye of the beholder. Its all perception. Didnt say anything about personal experience or accusing you of discrimination.
    Just making sure we were clear on that and pointing out that there is a lot more to being conservative than abortion and gay marriage - both of which I think should be legal but not for the reasons most people claim but that is another discussion. It is wholly possible to be entirely conservative and still be extremely compassionate, respectful, cooperative, and fair. Unfortunately, the Republican Party forgets this quite often.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I would explain that they have their own opinions and came to their own conclusions, including the right-wing Orlando Sentinel.
    Stop bs'ing, you insinuated that republicans are so far right that even the moderately right leaning publications had to support Obama. I citing two credible cases to the contrary. You either can't back up your claim or you know it's not true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Stop bs'ing, you insinuated that republicans are so far right that even the moderately right leaning publications had to support Obama. I citing two credible cases to the contrary. You either can't back up your claim or you know it's not true.
    A lot of newspapers switched their endorsements. There are plenty that went for McCain but switched to Obama, and there are those that went for Obama and are now going for Romney. I don't know what you are getting at.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama tried to work with Republicans countless times. He was more then willing to bend over, which is why, for example, we do not have a public option in Obamacare despite the fact he "shoved it down their throats". Obama spent most of 2011 working with Boehner...only for Boehner to walk away. Republican candidates ran entire campaigns on the promise of "no compromise!!!", im certain everyone here has seen the video of McConnell declaring its their job to make sure Obama is a one term president. Im not going to go through every single instance or case(this is not the thread for that), but to say Obama and the liberals refused to work with conservatives is simply untrue.

Im not going to even touch to "traditional American values" thing, thats to laughable. For someone like me, with our history of overcoming discrimination, Republican positions of equal pay for women and gay rights are anti-American values. I often find that those who use that line(Michele Bachmann comes to mind) cant define what "American values" are.

What is beyond dispute is the numbers. Since Republicans have taken over filibusters have shot through the roof. You cant tell me that "they were just protecting American(!!) values" and Obama had 400 bad ideas....especially since a chunk of that 400 came before he was even elected. I dont even think he was a candidate when those numbers started pilling up.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21/opinio...ion/index.html

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/ref...tureCounts.htm

If you wanted to make a thread about how Reid and company filibustered under Bush, id probably agree. They did it and the rate was higher then it was previously. But numbers alone show that Republicans, in all to typical fashion these days, reacted vindictively and in a kneejerk way. The numbers just skyrocketed. They got shut down a few times under Bush, Obama spoke mean about them a few times after winning the presidency, some rich people were presented as villians in the publics eyes: so Democrats had to pay...no matter how sensible the bill they are blocking is. And thats wrong. Thats not governing. No matter how mean Obama was to them or how bad the idea he presented them was, it was conservative politicians job to work through it and build compromises. Instead, they shut it down or banked on the Supreme Court to do their jobs for them.

Much like it says in the link i presented, its sets a dangerous precedence for both parties if this blackmail is rewarded. Its not beyond imagining that the minority will only try and sabotage the majority and refuse to compromise about anything. That is not beyond imagining because weve just lived through it.

We do not have a public option because Obama and Baucus took it off the table. This has been discussed SEVERAL TIMES stemming from the huffington post coming up with an internal memo from the white house exposing Obama for the fraud he is.

It shows his back room deals with both health insurance, and big pharm protecting their non importation price point. It also shows a very classy move by Obama on infusion drugs...yep, he really looks out for the little guy. My brother in law has MS and relies on infusions to live basically. He was cut off earlier this year, but was too embarrassed to tell anyone for almost three months because of a problem with him being under insured. I know it is just me, but i feel Obama is nothing more than a corporate whore, and have a problem understanding how in the world he still has so much support.

This was brought into the forum back when we had objective participants, not a bunch of cheerleaders like now, and this person was an Obama supporter, finataxia.

Hell, we have such a bunch of losers here now (including me) we didn't even get a 4/20 post from finataxia, and i always loved those.

I have posted this link so many times to try and stop the spreading of bull ship but it just goes on, and i give up. If you want to see it, google internal white house memo huff post, and can we please stop about the no public option because of the republicans, when Obama is OWNED by big pharm, and the health insurance industry.

In fact, if i could guess what republican health care reform would look like, it would look exactly like Obamacare, just switch tort reform (lawyers don't pay them enough) with pre existing conditions.

To round it out, assuming the huff post article is true (i certainly believe it) I am then supposed to believe this man wanted a public option???

You cannot believe ANYTHING a politician says, it is mostly pandering now a days, you HAVE to go by their actions, and his actions say that republicans didn't have ANYTHING to do with us not having a public option.
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 11-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Quote