Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCS scenarios as season winds down

1. -41
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    OR ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR OR ...........

Something real similar to what I called a couple of weeks ago could happen!!!

Get your mind right bro.

If ND loses to USC, the question becomes does Florida back in as I suggested or as the talking heads suggested today in this scenario, would Oregon get back in there as the one loss team? If of course they can actually beat Oregon St next week.

Its going to be interesting to see. Florida has a tough game they could easily lose as well vs. Florida St. However, would a win like that secure them as the #2 team if ND were to lose and Bama beats Georgia?

A lot of teams would have an argument thats for sure.

All I know is ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does that 5 losses in a row taste btw, Bumpus?

God, I hate being colossally wrong.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    And now the stage is all set.

ND wins tonight, they play the Bama/Georgia winner for the title.

If ND loses to USC, then Florida finds itself in the exact scenario I suggested in the OP of this thread. The same scenario Bama was in last year.

It just shows more and more why this whole system of rankings in college football is a joke. We all know those top 6 SEC teams are the best 6 teams in the country...... well most of us do. Those of us with a clue at least. Some of us on here listen to too much hip hop and think Oregon can compete.

Nevertheless, the point is that if ND loses, Florida finds itself in a more advantageous position than if they had beaten Georgia. As a reward for Georgia winning against Florida, they have to face Bama in a conference title game before the BCS championship. Florida can fail to win its own division in conference and be in the drivers seat by avoiding a conference championship game. Hell, they would be ranked 3rd behind Bama and Georgia, so really they are in better shape than Bama who will be #1. It makes no sense.

They really need to do away with these conference championship games. How fair is it that Bama or Georgia has to eliminate themselves when Georgia already beat Florida and has the same record?

As I said all year, they should simply make the SEC championship game the BCS championship. Its all that matters. Just as Georgia shouldnt have to beat Bama to play them in the BCS championship, Bama should not have to knock off Georgia and then turn around and beat a team Georgia has already beaten in the championship game.

I almost hope ND wins just so Bama can humiliate them and its easy money. Bama/Florida would clearly be the more competative game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Makes me want to just drop my pants and **** right here in public knowing that I have to root for Notre Dame tonight.

Go **** yourself, Florida State.

Quote Quote  

4. -44

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Also, how ridiculous is it that if Stanford beats UCLA, they have clearly demonstrated to be the best team in the PAC 12 through regular season play. Yet, somehow they would have to beat them again next week to be declared conference champion. Thats insane.

If UCLA beats Stanford next week after losing to them today(if they do lose today) how in the hell would they have proven to be the superior team and rightful conference champ?

Do away with these conference championship games. Jesus.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Makes me want to just drop my pants and **** right here in public knowing that I have to root for Notre Dame tonight.

Relax. It dosent matter anyway. You and I both know it. No matter how they lined this **** up, in the end, all that will matter is...............................................................

ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post

Gator Bait!!

but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Florida State does blow hard dont they. Who did they even beat this year that was worth a ****? How were they one of the teams at the beginning of the year that the so called experts figured to be so good?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Well its Notre Dame vs. the SEC champion for all the marbles.

If its Bama......

If you took a team and had them play the same schedule Notre Dame played and had the exact same results, they would likely be a double digit underdog vs. Bama. But, because its Notre Dame on the jerseys, it will effect the spread.

As most gamblers know, the spread is made to try and get equal action on both sides, its not the odds makers perception of who is the better team and by how much. A lot of casual bettors will take Notre Dame. This is great for those of us with a learning curve because it will keep the line lower than what it should be.

One day, people may get it through their heads that the SEC dominates the title game. 6 in a row isnt enough to convince some people. A lot of morons will buy into the huge amount of hype ND will get over the next month and a half. This will make the spread several points lower than what it would be if any other team in the exact circumstance were playing in the game. Im guessing something like Bama -7.5. There will be a lot of smaller bets placed on ND by the casual fans and the huge ND fanbase. There may be less bets on Bama, but larger wagers than those placed on ND.

I dont see how ND scores in this matchup. 20 points for Bama should be enough to cover any non double digit spread. If Bama were to get some turnovers, they could wind up with a lot more than 20 points. Even if ND dosent turn it over, Bama should be able to score enough to cover. I cant wait to get money down on this game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Well its Notre Dame vs. the SEC champion for all the marbles.

If its Bama......

If you took a team and had them play the same schedule Notre Dame played and had the exact same results, they would likely be a double digit underdog vs. Bama. But, because its Notre Dame on the jerseys, it will effect the spread.

As most gamblers know, the spread is made to try and get equal action on both sides, its not the odds makers perception of who is the better team and by how much. A lot of casual bettors will take Notre Dame. This is great for those of us with a learning curve because it will keep the line lower than what it should be.

One day, people may get it through their heads that the SEC dominates the title game. 6 in a row isnt enough to convince some people. A lot of morons will buy into the huge amount of hype ND will get over the next month and a half. This will make the spread several points lower than what it would be if any other team in the exact circumstance were playing in the game. Im guessing something like Bama -7.5. There will be a lot of smaller bets placed on ND by the casual fans and the huge ND fanbase. There may be less bets on Bama, but larger wagers than those placed on ND.

I dont see how ND scores in this matchup. 20 points for Bama should be enough to cover any non double digit spread. If Bama were to get some turnovers, they could wind up with a lot more than 20 points. Even if ND dosent turn it over, Bama should be able to score enough to cover. I cant wait to get money down on this game.
    Totally agree except youre seem to be writing off Georgia. If Murray shows up and has a great game, who the **** knows whats going to happen there. If GA pulls out the W somehow, the betting dynmaics change considerably IMO.

Quote Quote  

10. -50

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Totally agree except youre seem to be writing off Georgia. If Murray shows up and has a great game, who the **** knows whats going to happen there. If GA pulls out the W somehow, the betting dynmaics change considerably IMO.
    No question. Thats why I said IF Bama gets in. Georgia is definately good enough to win the SEC championship game. Not many people want them to win at this point though. Knowing how money hungry the BCS and NCAA is though, Ive got a feeling the refs will be on Bama's side if need be.
    Quote Quote