Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: BCS scenarios as season winds down

1. -51
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I'm not too bummed about ND beating USC. I didn't think USC realistically had a shot at winning that game anyway. If Barkley was playing I might have gotten my hopes up.

But with the way our last two season have gone I will gladly take an 11-1 record against what was easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation and a spot in the Sugar Bowl. Georgia should be very thankful the SEC allowed them to avoid Bama, LSU, and A&M in the regular season.

But winning that Sugar Bowl would be some serious momentum going into next season. We're losing some really good players like Bostic and Gillislee, but with Jones breaking out against FSU last night and Fred Taylor's kid coming in next year who's a total stud our backfield will be deep as hell so losing Gilislee won't hurt all that bad. If most of our juniors come back next year this team will be dangerous.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Well I'm not too bummed about ND beating USC. I didn't think USC realistically had a shot at winning that game anyway. If Barkley was playing I might have gotten my hopes up.

But with the way our last two season have gone I will gladly take an 11-1 record against what was easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation and a spot in the Sugar Bowl. Georgia should be very thankful the SEC allowed them to avoid Bama, LSU, and A&M in the regular season.

But winning that Sugar Bowl would be some serious momentum going into next season. We're losing some really good players like Bostic and Gillislee, but with Jones breaking out against FSU last night and Fred Taylor's kid coming in next year who's a total stud our backfield will be deep as hell so losing Gilislee won't hurt all that bad. If most of our juniors come back next year this team will be dangerous.
    Kind of sucks,tho....I wanted a two SEC team BSC championship game again...just to piss off the rest of the country again
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's harder to win the SEC Championship than it is to win the national title. That's just the way it is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

BCS scenarios as season winds down

Whoever wins the SEC has got to be at least a 14 point favorite and it wouldn't surprise me if it was substantially higher.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just for the sake of argument:
    How far would Notre Dame go in an 8 team playoff?
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A team can always go far with a defense like that. Notre Dame is a team that tends to play up to the level of their competition.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time... don't underestimate the element of a team's chemistry. The Irish have that going for 'em.

When you get to biggest games on the biggest stages where the pressure is highest, they aren't won on talent. They're won by execution. The team that executes will win every time.

This will be the case in the SEC title game and the national championship.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    A team can always go far with a defense like that. Notre Dame is a team that tends to play up to the level of their competition.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time... don't underestimate the element of a team's chemistry. The Irish have that going for 'em.

When you get to biggest games on the biggest stages where the pressure is highest, they aren't won on talent. They're won by execution. The team that executes will win every time.

This will be the case in the SEC title game and the national championship.
    FYI, I'm making your fight song my ringtone this week.
    Quote Quote