Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's November 2013 NFL Draft Position Rankings (Seniors)

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've had my eye on Tavarres King but he's been a bit too inconsistent this year. I was hoping he'd step it up a little more coming into the season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always liked King. About as good of a vertical threat as there is in this Senior class.

He typically draws the assignment of the defense's top cover corner and still manages to lead UGA in receiving the last 2 years.... averaging over 20 yards/reception this year.

He's caught 14 TD's in his last 23 games, I watched him light up an outstanding Michigan St. defense for over 200 yards last year in the Outback Bowl on 6 catches (34 yards/reception). He's got a double move that cornerbacks can't resist... including Morris Claiborne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Safety:

Tier 1 (Top 50-100 Grade)

Kenny Vaccarro / Texas

Robert Lester / Alabama

Dexter McCoil / Tulsa

Shawn Williams / Georgia

Shamarko Thomas / Syracuse

Phillip Thomas / Fresno St.

Tier 2 (Top 125-175 Grade)

Jahleel Addae / Central Michigan

T.J. McDonald / USC

Rashard Hall / Clemson

Bacarri Rambo / Georgia

Cody Davis / Texas Tech

Kemal Ishmael / UCF

Duke Williams / Nevada

Johnathan Cyprien / FIU

Malcolm Bronson / McNeese St.

Javon Harris / Oklahoma

Bradley McDougald / Kansas

Tier 3 (Top 200-250 Grade)

Earl Wolff / N.C. State

Kejuan Riley / Alabama St.

Daimion Stafford / Nebraska

Don Jones / Arkansas St.

*Note*

The main aspect of Vacarro's game that allows him to stick out in this class is his ability to drop down in the slot and play man coverage against slot receivers. He plays with good technique, and did a nice job against one of the tougher assignments a safety can have.... covering Tavon Austin in man coverage from the slot.

I've long considered T.J. McDonald to be 80% overhype and 20% substance. He's a hard hitter with good bloodlines, but he's not Tim McDonald.... or even Dennis Smith for that matter. He's stiff as a board and struggles to break down and tackle in open space....often getting himself out of position and taking bad angles (see Syracuse, Oregon, or number of other games). Misses a lot of easy tackles when the ball carrier isn't already corralled. Has no real ball skills to speak of. McDonald is a draftable player, but he's an average safety in my estimation that comes with a lot of the same flaws that Taylor Mays and Darnell Bing had before him. I've always viewed Dexter McCoil as a similar, but much better player.

Shawn Williams is an extremely physical player who takes proper angles to the action, and is an outstanding leader. Called out his teammates for playing soft, and they responded. A coach on the field and one of Todd Grantham's favorites.

Jahleel Addae is a lot like Shamarko Thomas in terms of athletic ability. Might be the most athletic safety in this draft. Stands out like a sore thumb on tape for Central Michigan.

Don Jones is a kid that I'm familiar with going back to several Friday nights in high school when I watched him play for Hazelwood. Terrific special teams player and another underrated Arkansas St. defender.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 11-07-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I can't see Landry Jones running the WCO, that's not a good fit.
    Who do you feel would be a good fit in the middle rounds?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slimm do you think Bacarri Rambo's off-field issues could see him slip into the 3rd round or later?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    It's a good point, on the back up role. It's something we definitely need to address. I'm not sure on Jones though but I do see Devlin as being similar to Tannehill, perhaps they go for a different type of QB, if they are looking at the draft address it, though I do think they will probably look at a vet to back up Tannehill.

Matt Moore will have no trouble finding a home, for his sake I hope it's a starting job.
    You know for most of his career Landry Jones has been overrated, but now it seems like he's being underrated. I'm not in love with his skills, but got to believe he could be at least a solid backup and an option if he ends up falling to round 3.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't touch McDonald. No situational awareness and seems to have a habit of committing a dumb penalty at the worst possible time. I do wonder how McDonald is considered draftable and Starling is not. Not that Starling is amazing, but he has been much more consistent.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i wouldn't touch landry jones...what a bum...matt barkleys still the best qb prospect in the draft...yeah the physical tools aren't overwhelming but he's got the intangibles off the charts and he's got some terrific feet...if i'm the chiefs gm i'm taking matt barkley over geno smith any day all day...

all that said since we have tanny and he's shown well i haven't paid much attention to the qb crop anymore... don't need to...feels great
    I agree. This is the first year in a long, long time that I haven't paid much attention to the quarterbacks. Miami will have to find a backup, though, unless Devlin is better than I think.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Slimm do you think Bacarri Rambo's off-field issues could see him slip into the 3rd round or later?
    Absolutely, his tendancy to take disastrous angles and undisciplined play drops him down a little more for me. His playmaking ability and rare ball skills prevents me from dropping him further.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keep hearing Lester as someone who could fall quite a bit come draft day. Slim and others what are your thoughts on Lester?
    Quote Quote