Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Election day predictions

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Icon 26 Politics Election day predictions

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsFreak View Post
    Stereotypes are bad enough, but stereotypes which have 0 basis are just silly. Here's a nice chart you may want to check out. http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...s-fiscal-union
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering that Romney needs disaffected long-term unemployed to switch to him for victory, this doesn't really make sense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever happens tomorrow, it's been interesting to see in this cycle how polls have joined analysts, newspapers, network news and cable news as "biased" sources of information. An inevitable turn of events, if regrettable. Now virtually nothing links the two different bubbles each side has created for itself.

Elections are decisive, though. So if nothing else it should be fascinating to watch the losing half of the country have reality intrude on the decisive wins they're predicting. I wouldn't want to guess how many times the word "fraud" will appear on RedState if Romney loses or DailyKos if Obama wins. But it'll be a lot.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 11-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the OP's head is going to explode if Obama wins tomorrow. Legit blood coming out of his ears...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Whatever happens tomorrow, it's been interesting to see in this cycle how polls have joined analysts, newspapers, network news and cable news as "biased" sources of information. An inevitable turn of events, if regrettable. Now virtually nothing links the two different bubbles each side has created for itself.

Elections are decisive, though. So if nothing else it should be fascinating to watch the losing half of the country have reality intrude on the decisive wins they're predicting. I wouldn't want to guess how many times the word "fraud" will appear on RedState if Romney loses or DailyKos if Obama wins. But it'll be a lot.
    I'm actually more intrigued to see how accurate the polls end up being, than who actually becomes president.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Great post
    Though I can definitely see why the Republicans want to maintain a show of strength since they are banking on major turnouts from their base to flip some of these prediction polls. Signs of weakness now may put their voters in apathy and they may stay home. The same can be said for the independent who are leaning romney.

Then again cracks are starting to appear with all the blame being thrown on Sandy killing momentum
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think 303-235 for electoral college and 3% popular vote edge for Obama. No matter what it should (finally!) be over tomorrow, which is fantastic in and of itself.
    Quote Quote