Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colts win over us continues to make headlines- will they make it to the Super Bowl..?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Colts win over us continues to make headlines- will they make it to the Super Bowl..?

I know I may be steering real close to off topic here, but since we just lost to the Colts, I can't tell you how many times today I saw the Colts victory win over us and their head coaches inspirational speech.

So, could this be another prelude to a Colts Super Bowl win, because this has become another touchy feel good story similar to the Patriots winning the Super Bowl right after the September 11, 2001 attacks, and then the Saint's winning the Super Bowl following the back-drop of Hurricane Katrina.

I don't know how most of you feel, and I don't want to be insensitive to Coach Chuck" Pagano, but why does a team use a personal life tragedy to inspire a football team and make it public for everyone to see, when its such a private and personal issue for a persons life and the team?

I know its a tragic story, and I wish Coach Chuck Pagano well, but lets put things in perspective, but, I feel uncomfortable when someone tries to use something which I feel is personal, to promote and motivate a football team.

I know Joe Philbin recently lost his son Michael earlier in the year due to tragic drowning accident, and he was 21, a kid and don't believe this tragedy was ever used to motivate a team.

So am I wrong to feel the Colts used a personal health tragedy, which I believe should be kept private, but felt it was used as marketing ploy to motivate a football team and compare life and winning to a football game...?

If I am wrong correct me, but it will be interesting to see just how far the Colts will go, but I felt the speech should have been kept private and not recorded and only for the players and coaches in that locker room to hear.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Haha. No. They aren't that good. Maybe a playoff win if they play like yesterday but they won't sniff the Super Bowl.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pianist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have personally avoided ALL sports related things today, this lost sickens me because of how bad our defense played & the fact that if the fins won we would be in prime playoff spotting right now. I will avoid sports the rest of this week.
    Check out my band.
    Eternal Essence

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A playoff team won't let the Colts put up 516 yards of total offense. Houston will roll them.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm right there with you brother.

This next game will decide what we're made of.

We should have easily won this game, but oh well.

Lets use it as motivation to build character.

d-1

Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    i have personally avoided ALL sports related things today, this lost sickens me because of how bad our defense played & the fact that if the fins won we would be in prime playoff spotting right now. I will avoid sports the rest of this week.
    Last edited by dolphans1; 11-06-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yup I dont watch news after a dolphins loss. This team time and time again falls short in deciding moments. At least i have barcelona to cheer me up during the week
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tough game --
    Chucks speech to his team would have been private 15 yrs ago, meaning in todays socail media - Facebook, twitter, blogging, chatrooms, ect things are put out there as soon as they happen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Huh? Hell no. Texans will win their division easily and then take out all the AFC teams.

I would put the Pats/Steelers/Ravens and Broncos ahead of the Colts as well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They can't win on the road, so no.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The man, the myth, the legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AphexPhin View Post
    Huh? Hell no. Texans will win their division easily and then take out all the AFC teams.

I would put the Pats/Steelers/Ravens and Broncos ahead of the Colts as well.
    Correct...and lets not forget, the Colts still have to play Houston twice. We're still very much in this thing. A lot of football still to be played...
    400x300
    Quote Quote