Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Election Day Thread - Decision 2012 ***

1. -401
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    The price of natural gas over the last 20 years
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/rngwhhdM.htm

Despite an explosion of use price has stayed stable.

Well, I think we have very different ideas of what constitutes stable. Historically, the price of gas has been very sensitive to demand.

I'm 100% in favor of fracking all the gas we can get, but likewise, I'm all for drilling as much oil as we can, too.

The introduction of cars with natural gas tanks and that run on pure ethanol will be a step in the right direction, but there's an economic cost involved with that, too. It's going to get worse before it gets better, and as I've said, the next four years are going to suck for the non-wealthy regardless of who got elected yesterday.

Incidentally, with ethanol, I am scared to death of what's happening with the price of corn. Farmers are feeding their livestock some really funky stuff to save money...
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

2. -402
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Ryan would be a risky decision. He's tea party and a lot of the northeastern states won't even look at him. I think he's got some good going for him, but he's way too right.

Rubio (whom the little I know about him I like) and Christie are both probably gonna be top candidates.

But as I mentioned. I'm not huge in politics. I know my fair share, but I'm ignorant in a lot of issues. I think the 3 top candidates for the GOP were all extremely flawed. I also think the whole campaign was built around getting Obama out of the White House rather than getting the best Republican in.
    Ryan is often affiliated with the tea party, but its important to remember he was elected years ago. I believe he was in office when Clinton was President. While Ryan has his faults(his budget plan was hilariously bad and at best a complete partisan fluff piece), he also has a history of compromising and a willingness to work on bipartisan deals. I think his political career is on the upswing. I wouldnt be surprised if he took the VP nomination because he thought Romney might lose and wanted to get his face out there in the public.

As well, dont forget about Jeb Bush. Hes not a tea party guy, has the experience, and has indicated his willingness to run. Obama winning only helps him, as 2020 would probably be to late for him. The only thing that held him back this year was the lasting legacy of his brother.

Republicans have a plethora of candidates coming up...but as many others pointed out, their could very well be a schism in the party.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -403
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer

Re: *** OFFICIAL Election Day Thread - Decision 2012 ***

Registered stable may have not been the correct term.

My point was that despite an explosion of natural gas share by virtue of the second graph. The price is the same as it was over decade ago.

This speaks to the amazing progress in supply.

I cannot find the article but the economist reported that we have more ng than we can store.

I dont think a natural gas internal combustion engine is the answer. My cousin in polanf had a retrofitted saab. Much less fuel efficiency once the ng kicked in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -404
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer

Re: *** OFFICIAL Election Day Thread - Decision 2012 ***

Ethanol from corn is a dead end.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -405
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Ryan is often affiliated with the tea party, but its important to remember he was elected years ago. I believe he was in office when Clinton was President. While Ryan has his faults(his budget plan was hilariously bad and at best a complete partisan fluff piece), he also has a history of compromising and a willingness to work on bipartisan deals. I think his political career is on the upswing. I wouldnt be surprised if he took the VP nomination because he thought Romney might lose and wanted to get his face out there in the public.

As well, dont forget about Jeb Bush. Hes not a tea party guy, has the experience, and has indicated his willingness to run. Obama winning only helps him, as 2020 would probably be to late for him. The only thing that held him back this year was the lasting legacy of his brother.

Republicans have a plethora of candidates coming up...but as many others pointed out, their could very well be a schism in the party.
    fair point. I mean there's a lot to like about about Ryan, but the tea party affiliation is gonna hurt him in the national spotlight. Then again, same thing can be said for Rubio (who while not a member is supported by them). I know the rumors are Romney wanted Rubio to be his VP and Rubio declined.

Can't see Jeb succeeding. Don't know much about him as governor, but he's not gonna escape his brother's shadow.
    Quote Quote  

6. -406
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    fair point. I mean there's a lot to like about about Ryan, but the tea party affiliation is gonna hurt him in the national spotlight. Then again, same thing can be said for Rubio (who while not a member is supported by them). I know the rumors are Romney wanted Rubio to be his VP and Rubio declined.

Can't see Jeb succeeding. Don't know much about him as governor, but he's not gonna escape his brother's shadow.
    Agreed. Putting another Bush up on the ballot is handing 2016 to the Democrats again...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -407
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Democrats are going to get all of the credit for the recovering economy for the next few years. Obama becomes the next Reagan by default.
    Quote Quote  

8. -408
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People aren't really understanding the magnitude of this victory. Democrats picked up Senate seats even though they were defending far more than Republicans. Marijuana and gay marriage are now winning issues. The Hispanic percentage of the vote grew yet again as it went even more firmly for the Democrats. The Republicans are going to live and die by midterms for some time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -409
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    Democrats are going to get all of the credit for the recovering economy for the next few years. Obama becomes the next Reagan by default.
    whether Obama deserves the credit or not, he's done his fair amount of good. Admittedly, he's done some dumb things as well.
    Quote Quote  

10. -410
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm 100% in favor of fracking all the gas we can get
    Careful what you wish for