Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Election Day Thread - Decision 2012 ***

1. -411
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Careful what you wish for
    I appreciate the sentiment and this video is precisely why we need an independent EPA, but...

Fracking is here to stay.
    An option that is bountiful and burns cleaner than coal is simply too enticing.

I know that DC uses it in city buses which is something that could get replicated elsewere.
    Quote Quote  

2. -412
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    fair point. I mean there's a lot to like about about Ryan, but the tea party affiliation is gonna hurt him in the national spotlight. Then again, same thing can be said for Rubio (who while not a member is supported by them). I know the rumors are Romney wanted Rubio to be his VP and Rubio declined.

Can't see Jeb succeeding. Don't know much about him as governor, but he's not gonna escape his brother's shadow.
    Oh, i'll doubt he will succeed, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him run.

And my personal opinion on him as governor is very low. That said, i know many die hard conservatives who also considered him hot garbage as governor.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -413
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

4. -414
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Do you people really believe the economy is gonna get better?

Even when Obamacare is gonna raise taxes?

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

5. -415
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post

Why wouldn't it...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -416
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Of course it is, it mostly always does under a democratic president.

According to McGraw-Hill’s (MHP) S&P Capital IQ, the S&P 500 has rallied an average of 12.1% per year since 1901 when Democrats occupy the White House, compared with just 5.1% for the GOP.

Likewise, gross domestic product has increased 4.2% each year since 1949 when Democrats run the executive branch, versus 2.6% under Republicans.

Even corporate profits show a disparity: S&P 500 GAAP earnings per share climbed a median of 10.5% per year since 1936 during Democratic administrations, besting an 8.9% median advance under Republicans, S&P said.

Due to their “tax-and-spend” reputation, investors expect Democratic administrations to underperform Republican ones and be “poison to any portfolio,” Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ, wrote in a note. “History shows the opposite to be true, however.”

The best stretch of market performance since 1900 occurred in 1993-2000 under Bill Clinton, who saw the S&P 500 rally an average of 19.9% per year during his presidency, S&P said.

As strange as it may sound, diehard Republicans believe that President Barack Obama’s tenure has been disastrous to U.S. business. Stock market returns so far during his tenure tell another story. A recent Reuters article detailed that the S&P 500 is up some 74% since Obama took office in late January 2009. But it is somewhat surprising to learn that this is the strongest first-term performance since Dwight Eisenhower served his first term back in the 1950s.

Truman was ranked the highest and happens to be a Democrat. Truman’s tenure saw a budget surplus, reduction in national debt and a record-low unemployment rate of 4%. The second spot also went to a Democrat: John F. Kennedy, who was followed by Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson.

Now Carter’s rank as second last as he served during the difficult economic environment in the 1970s. But since he was the sitting president, I'm not excusing him.

And I am completely aware The Federal Reserve and other politicians in Congress certainly pulled together to help save the economy from financial ruin at the height of the credit crisis.

As the historical record shows, from economic growth and job creation to stock market performance and just about every other indicator of the health of American capitalism, the modern U.S. economy has almost always done better under Democratic presidents. Despite GOP mythology to the contrary, America generally gained more jobs and grew faster when taxes were higher (even much higher) and income inequality lower.

7250297246_f3276661f9.jpg

For the eye-popping chart of the S&P's performance under each of the presidents from Hoover through Bush 43.3390419772_0057ba6bd2.jpg
    Quote Quote  

7. -417
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Why wouldn't it...?
    Why would it....?

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Of course it is, it mostly always does under a democratic president.

According to McGraw-Hill’s (MHP) S&P Capital IQ, the S&P 500 has rallied an average of 12.1% per year since 1901 when Democrats occupy the White House, compared with just 5.1% for the GOP.

Likewise, gross domestic product has increased 4.2% each year since 1949 when Democrats run the executive branch, versus 2.6% under Republicans.

Even corporate profits show a disparity: S&P 500 GAAP earnings per share climbed a median of 10.5% per year since 1936 during Democratic administrations, besting an 8.9% median advance under Republicans, S&P said.

Due to their “tax-and-spend” reputation, investors expect Democratic administrations to underperform Republican ones and be “poison to any portfolio,” Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ, wrote in a note. “History shows the opposite to be true, however.”

The best stretch of market performance since 1900 occurred in 1993-2000 under Bill Clinton, who saw the S&P 500 rally an average of 19.9% per year during his presidency, S&P said.

As strange as it may sound, diehard Republicans believe that President Barack Obama’s tenure has been disastrous to U.S. business. Stock market returns so far during his tenure tell another story. A recent Reuters article detailed that the S&P 500 is up some 74% since Obama took office in late January 2009. But it is somewhat surprising to learn that this is the strongest first-term performance since Dwight Eisenhower served his first term back in the 1950s.

Truman was ranked the highest and happens to be a Democrat. Truman’s tenure saw a budget surplus, reduction in national debt and a record-low unemployment rate of 4%. The second spot also went to a Democrat: John F. Kennedy, who was followed by Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson.

Now Carter’s rank as second last as he served during the difficult economic environment in the 1970s. But since he was the sitting president, I'm not excusing him.

And I am completely aware The Federal Reserve and other politicians in Congress certainly pulled together to help save the economy from financial ruin at the height of the credit crisis.

As the historical record shows, from economic growth and job creation to stock market performance and just about every other indicator of the health of American capitalism, the modern U.S. economy has almost always done better under Democratic presidents. Despite GOP mythology to the contrary, America generally gained more jobs and grew faster when taxes were higher (even much higher) and income inequality lower.

7250297246_f3276661f9.jpg

For the eye-popping chart of the S&P's performance under each of the presidents from Hoover through Bush 43.3390419772_0057ba6bd2.jpg

Quote Quote  

8. -418
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would it....?
    I'm not the one making the claim. I know why it would, but I'm interested in why you think it isn't going to help...
    Quote Quote  

9. -419
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

10. -420
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would it....?

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I'll see your facts, and raise you an emoticon
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote