Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Election Day Thread - Decision 2012 ***

1. -341
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The soul searching the Republican party is going through right now on immigration reform has GOT to make Rubio the favorite for the nomination four years from now.
    I'm a libertarian so I lose every election, but I'm also watching this from a neutral standpoint. This is a serious crossroads for the GOP. Look at what is happening with the votes on weed and gay marriage. Sooner or later, and it might as well be now, they are going to have to face reality, and that is that the foreign policy hawks (even though they're actually in both parties) and the "culture warriors" a.k.a the Santorumites are a shrinking voting block and they will only drag that party further behind. I personally don't support open borders, but Bill O'Reilly was on Fox tonight before most of the states had come and and said that there is a serious demographic shift going on in this country, a shift that favors the Dems. He's right of course.

I would support Rand Paul if he ran in 2016 though.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -342
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama up 25,000+ in Ohio.

Romney not conceding at this point (not even a concession phone call) fits right into his character: peevish, entitled and utterly dick.

Aw... the rich son of a governor didn't get his way this time! Waugh! He's probably going around asking everyone at campaign headquarters why he can't just write a check to turn this thing around.
    Quote Quote  

3. -343
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I'm a libertarian so I lose every election, but I'm also watching this from a neutral standpoint. This is a serious crossroads for the GOP. Look at what is happening with the votes on weed and gay marriage. Sooner or later, and it might as well be now, they are going to have to face reality, and that is that the foreign policy hawks (even though they're actually in both parties) and the "culture warriors" a.k.a the Santorumites are a shrinking voting block and they will only drag that party further behind. I personally don't support open borders, but Bill O'Reilly was on Fox tonight before most of the states had come and and said that there is a serious demographic shift going on in this country, a shift that favors the Dems. He's right of course.

I would support Rand Paul if he ran in 2016 though.
    Its not just that.

Allowing the Nativist Brewer, Arpaio piece of the party demonize latinos and dominate the conversation during the primaries is going reverberate for years
    Recall what destroyed Rick Perry(the George Bush on steroids candidate) when he siimply said the humane thing that was allowing Texas latino immigrants to have in state tuition.

It was an amazing tactical mistake.

If they alienate a generation of Latinos they are finished for a decade.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Just in on PBS Romney not conceding
    Quote Quote  

4. -344
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Right there with you. As I said, I'm rather moderate (read: center), but if I had to identify with a particular party, it would be Libertarian over anything else. I'm conservative when it comes to fiscal responsibility, but more 'liberal' (for lack of a better word) when it comes to social issues. I'm not for government handouts, but I'm also not for controlling personal liberties because 'they' know what is best.
    Quote Quote  

5. -345
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    Its not just that.

Allowing the Nativist Brewer, Arpaio piece of the party demonize latinos and dominate the conversation during the primaries is going reverberate for years
    Recall what destroyed Rick Perry(the George Bush on steroids candidate) when he siimply said the humane thing that was allowing Texas latino immigrants to have in state tuition.

It was an amazing tactical mistake.

If they alienate a generation of Latinos they are finished for a decade.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Just in on PBS Romney not conceding
    Arpaio got reelected tonight.
    Quote Quote  

6. -346
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you think now?
    Does Obama pivot middle for unity or does he go hard core no comprimises.
    Quote Quote  

7. -347
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From DailyKos:

The Washington Post has said marriage equality referendums in Maryland and Maine have both passed. They are the only states to have approved marriage equality by a popular vote.

In Maryland, with 82% of the vote tallied on Question 6, in favor of marriage equality, For 52%; Against 48%

In Maine, with 34% of the vote tallied on Question 1, in favor of marriage equality, For 52%; Against 48%

In Washington, which is a vote-by-mail state, there is no report on the percentage of the vote counted so far. In 2008, 3.05 million people voted in the presidential race. So far, with 1.48 million votes counted, on Measure 74, in favor of marriage equality, For 52.6%; Against 47.4%

In Minnesota, where the referendum calls for marriage to be allowed only for opposite-sex couples, with 64% of the vote tallied, 52% are against and 48% for.
    Good.

On the downside, it appears Michelle Bachmann is holding on to a slight lead for reelection.
    Quote Quote  

8. -348
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arpaio had $8.2 million raised for his Sheriff reelection campaign. Mostly outside money
    That is grotesque.
    Quote Quote  

9. -349
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Obama up 25,000+ in Ohio.

Romney not conceding at this point (not even a concession phone call) fits right into his character: peevish, entitled and utterly dick.

Aw... the rich son of a governor didn't get his way this time! Waugh! He's probably going around asking everyone at campaign headquarters why he can't just write a check to turn this thing around.

Undoubtably hiding under his bed calling up Tom Brady to see how he got over his fear of Eli Manning. Its a bit absurd at this point that Romney hasnt called it. We have what...3 states left?

Fox News, Karl Rove: "...listen, its important to note that Obama didnt increase his lead margin at all compared to 2008---" which is as far as he got before i muted him. So one minute its a historical anomaly that that many people hit the polls and voted Democrat, now its a standard. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

10. -350
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    Arpaio got reelected tonight.
    Unfortunately. He's one of the douchiest public servants in this country. If the Republicans are listening to what the demographics are telling them, they'll run this guy out on a rail ASAP.
    Quote Quote