Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Your Crow Here

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Eat Your Crow Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    One good thing about this election is that Obama and the dems won't have anyone to blame when the sh!t goes down. Hopefully 2016 will give us a candidate worth voting for.
    If the blame Bush mantra will die, I would be ever so thankful. Everyone had a part in the collapse and everyone has a part in the recovery. Bush was not a great president but Obama's free pass has got to stop. You are in your second term, Barry, so it is time to step up and take responsibility.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    If the blame Bush mantra will die, I would be ever so thankful. Everyone had a part in the collapse and everyone has a part in the recovery. Bush was not a great president but Obama's free pass has got to stop. You are in your second term, Barry, so it is time to step up and take responsibility.

One will hope. I think much like Bush in 2004 the worst is yet to come from Obama 2012. Let's just hope something good will come out of it. 16 years of bad presidents is more than enough.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCHETTJACK View Post
    Well time to start my boycott of Florida and Ohio! I will never spend another penny on anything produced in those states, including the dolphins!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Hmmmm time for you to pick a good ol'e red state team =)
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all the Rasmussen are the only polls that matter and all else are biased people owe a huge im sorry to Nate Silver and company, thats for sure.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    the dollar has been devalued to the point it is nearly irrellavant and our debt is nearly inexcapable.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we're way past that point already.

Unless the president does a quick about face with his energy policy, you should also prepare for food, electric and gas prices to continue to go through the roof. Of course, I just heard this morning that the President's plan to reduce the deficit is to tax carbon emissions, so uhm, yeah.

I'm very fortunate that my firm does not manufacture or sell in the United States. Sadly, I think the next logical step is for my firm to not exist in the United States.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we're way past that point already.

Unless the president does a quick about face with his energy policy, you should also prepare for food, electric and gas prices to continue to go through the roof. Of course, I just heard this morning that the President's plan to reduce the deficit is to tax carbon emissions, so uhm, yeah.

I'm very fortunate that my firm does not manufacture or sell in the United States. Sadly, I think the next logical step is for my firm to not exist in the United States.
    I believe that you are quite correct but still hold out hope that America can even overcome it's own stupidity. $100K/year won't mean a thing when gas is $10/gallon and it costs $350 a week to feed a family of four. My power bill averages $400 a month now...this could get really ugly. I drive 45 miles to and from work every day and drive an autumnal 150-200 miles for sales calls so a mild increase in gas kills me. My company reimburses the sales mileage but that will crunch them as well.

People don't understand that jobs and companies don't always relocate overseas for sheer profits, they do it for survival a lot of the time. Business will become too expensive to conduct in the US and there will be very few jobs and companies left, comparatively.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WadeCounty1231 View Post
    all the Rasmussen are the only polls that matter and all else are biased people owe a huge im sorry to Nate Silver and company, thats for sure.
    Rasmussen wasn't too far off and neither was Gallup on the national vote. Silver and RCP nailed it though. Homer vision on my part, I guess.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Business will become too expensive to conduct in the US and there will be very few jobs and companies left, comparatively.
    The big corporations will continue to find loopholes to avoid paying any real effective tax rate. The little guys are going to bend over and take it like they always do. The problem is not so much that there won't be any jobs, the problem is that wages will remain stagnant while the cost of living continues to rise at alarming rates.

I honestly don't know how working class people are going to survive without going on government assistance. It is troubling.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just dropped in for a few replies..
    I thought the voters would be interested in someone who has business skills.
    After the last 4 years, I thought the nation would be ready for a change.
    The voters have made up their minds. Congrats on your victory. More gridlock to come.
    I do not eat crow, but I will admit when my opinion is wrong.
    IMHO, Romney was the better man and candidate. My side lost.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Just dropped in for a few replies..
    I thought the voters would be interested in someone who has business skills.
    After the last 4 years, I thought the nation would be ready for a change.
    The voters have made up their minds. Congrats on your victory. More gridlock to come.
    I do not eat crow, but I will admit when my opinion is wrong.
    IMHO, Romney was the better man and candidate. My side lost.
    Romney was not the better man and candidate. You're being partisan again.

However, I can't say I'm surprised that he lost. The days of huge tax cuts for the rich are over. Reagan started it, and in the 25 years or so since then, the middle and working class have yet to get the "trickle down" that was promised. People are smart, and are finally starting to realize that it's never going to work. Corporations are too greedy to let it happen.

The Republican party needs a makeover, or it's going to die. They are completely out of touch on social issues, significantly fewer people believe their economic policies are going to work these days, and most people vehemently disagree with their foreign policy. Obama won Hispanics 70-30, which is the fastest growing demographic in the country. Obama won women something like 55-43, which is the largest voting block in the country. Obama won the young vote 69-29, which is eventually going to turn into the middle-aged vote, leading the way for more young liberals. It's a bad time to be a Republican...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote