Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Your Crow Here

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama won this by default. Not because he's a good president. The GOP is a failure of a party that's incapable of beating a totally beatable president. At the same time I see the same thing as Bush 2007. Obama and the country in 2015 won't be in good shape IMO and the GOP will probably win again thus continuing the same sh!tty cycle. I just hope people will finally wake up to it.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Obama won this by default. Not because he's a good president. The GOP is a failure of a party that's incapable of beating a totally beatable president. At the same time I see the same thing as Bush 2007. Obama and the country in 2015 won't be in good shape IMO and the GOP will probably win again thus continuing the same sh!tty cycle. I just hope people will finally wake up to it.
    Probably true. I disagree about 2016, though. The GOP is too damn stubborn to change their strategy unless this happens again, and maybe even a few more times. I think the Democrats are looking at a few decades of Presidential dominance, much like the Republicans had between the 60s and now...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Probably true. I disagree about 2016, though. The GOP is too damn stubborn to change their strategy unless this happens again, and maybe even a few more times. I think the Democrats are looking at a few decades of Presidential dominance, much like the Republicans had between the 60s and now...
    I agree that the GOP is stubborn and won't change. But unfortunately Obama's policies won't work either. IMO the country won't be better off come election year in 2016. It's not sustainable. Which will lead to a possible GOP takeover. I don't see the GOP changing at all from here to now. I'm hearing the same exact things from republicans that I did 4 years ago when they lost. Did they change?? No. They managed to put up a guy that was worse than Obama. But come 2016 they won't have to change much if at all if the country is still screwed up like it is now or worse. Like Obama they could win by default and another set of bad policies and douchebaggery takes effect. It's all a vicious circle.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I agree that the GOP is stubborn and won't change. But unfortunately Obama's policies won't work either. IMO the country won't be better off come election year in 2016. It's not sustainable. Which will lead to a possible GOP takeover. I don't see the GOP changing at all from here to now. I'm hearing the same exact things from republicans that I did 4 years ago when they lost. Did they change?? No. They managed to put up a guy that was worse than Obama. But come 2016 they won't have to change much if at all if the country is still screwed up like it is now or worse. Like Obama they could win by default and another set of bad policies and douchebaggery takes effect. It's all a vicious circle.
    You're disregarding the demographic change this country is undergoing.

The economy is recovering. There's no denying that. This election was important because the President in office during the recovery was going to get credit for it, regardless of the fact that the President has very little to actually do with it. Had Romney won, he probably would have had a pretty simple re-election in 2016. With Obama in office when it happens, the Dems won't have the same advantage, but an advantage none-the-less. Unless the Republicans do a 180 on most of their social issues, they are going to be the underdogs at best, irrelevant at worst, over the next few decades. For their sake, I hope they give Huntsman a fair shake at this thing in 2016. He is their best chance at adapting to fit the new demographics of the U.S...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama is a can of soda disguised as a health drink. Romney is a can of soda disguised as a can of soda. Best way I can describe both of these candidates.

I didn't vote for anyone because I don't believe in this government but just on social issues alone I wanted Obama to win. Romney/Ryan can only lie to peoples face so many times before it bites them in the ass, as it did. And don't look at the "popular vote" like it means anything was close in this election. Romney lost every important swing state cause he couldn't separate himself from GOP extremists. The Republican party couldn't adapt to the changing times and relied to heavily on the "white vote".

Regardless, this government will ultimately see the same fate whether it was Romney or Obama. Capitalism fails when your country is being bled and ran into the ground by nasty corporations, lobbyists and special interest groups.

Good day,
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    Obama is a can of soda disguised as a health drink. Romney is a can of soda disguised as a can of soda. Best way I can describe both of these candidates.

I didn't vote for anyone because I don't believe in this government but just on social issues alone I wanted Obama to win. Romney/Ryan can only lie to peoples face so many times before it bites them in the ass, as it did. And don't look at the "popular vote" like it means anything was close in this election. Romney lost every important swing state cause he couldn't separate himself from GOP extremists. The Republican party couldn't adapt to the changing times and relied to heavily on the "white vote".

Regardless, this government will ultimately see the same fate whether it was Romney or Obama. Capitalism fails when your country is being bled and ran into the ground by nasty corporations, lobbyists and special interest groups.

Good day,
    Welcome to the PoFo.

I agree with most of this, actually. Special interest and lobbyists need to be a thing of the past if any real recovery is going to happen...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will be interesting to see who the Democrats groom to carry the Obama mantle since Biden is not a realistic option. Cabinet switches will tell us a lot.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    It will be interesting to see who the Democrats groom to carry the Obama mantle since Biden is not a realistic option. Cabinet switches will tell us a lot.
    I fully expect that Hillary Clinton will run in 2016 and destroy pretty much anyone that runs against her. Just an opinion..
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're disregarding the demographic change this country is undergoing.

The economy is recovering. There's no denying that. This election was important because the President in office during the recovery was going to get credit for it, regardless of the fact that the President has very little to actually do with it. Had Romney won, he probably would have had a pretty simple re-election in 2016. With Obama in office when it happens, the Dems won't have the same advantage, but an advantage none-the-less. Unless the Republicans do a 180 on most of their social issues, they are going to be the underdogs at best, irrelevant at worst, over the next few decades. For their sake, I hope they give Huntsman a fair shake at this thing in 2016. He is their best chance at adapting to fit the new demographics of the U.S...

It all depends on the economy in 2016. This recovery sucks at best. The unemployment rate just went back up, personal wealth is at all time lows and credit debt at all time highs. Foreclosers are still rampant and more people are on welfare than ever. Fiscal and monetary polices are horrible and will continue to be. And let's not forget our debt and the Euro/debt crisis too. I don't forsee a robost recovery anytime soon. If anything it will get worse. Which IMO could bring back the failure that is the GOP. I agree that demographics are changing and the GOP will tweak some of their stances. They'll just put up a better salesman for their crap policies. Let's not forget the Dems were in this exact same position in 2004. They looked just as pitiful as the GOP today. But 4 more years of a crap economy and crap president turned things around fast. My point is that things could easily end up for the worse the next for years and the cycle of exchanging tweedle dee for tweedle dum is a strong possibility.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    Agreed
    I was wondering this myself. I am not that familiar with the Dem hierarchy.

Hillary was mentioned in another post. I don't think that is happening.
    I agree Biden is a non starter. Too Old and too gaffe prone to stand alone.

I wonder if Mark Warner would be a guy that folks would get behind. He has done that Governor-Senator double dip that people seem to likel
    Quote Quote