Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colts tanked in 2011 - revisited

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I think they gave up at some point after the 5th or 6th game. They were in a few of the early games like 23-20 loss to Pitt and 28-24 loss to KC but the 62-7 loss to the Saints was the obvious game where they quit. Add to that their coach was Jim Caldwell who was one of the absolute worst coaches anywhere, it made for a perfect storm. I know Caldwell from his days as the head coach of Wake Forest when he was 26-53 in 8 seasons...watching him on TV in a preseason interview when asked about recruiting he replied "we're not going to get good recruits, this is Wake Forest"...that just told me all I needed to know. Him being hired was a similar situation to when Jimmy Johnson brought Wannstedt in here to be his replacement. Tony Dungy brought Caldwell in to be his replacement and he set the team up for failure in the process. Peyton Manning was the real coach of that team.
    Last edited by datruth55; 11-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sorry but who ****ing cares? I remember last year there were people on these boards promoting that we "suck for luck"....of course a star draft pick like Luck is going to make the entire team (Offense and Defense) play better.

Why is this even in Miami Dolphins Discussion?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    May some of the players mailed it in mid way thru the season because their season was lost and they had nothing to play for? I'm sure some did. Especially those that weren't concerned with losing their job for this season. Did the Colts as a whole decide they were better off "sucking for Luck" and players decided to purposely miss tackles, drop balls, fan on blocks etc? No!

The Colts lost their best player and leader and were demoralized. They had no one to play his position at the NFL level let alone come close to replacing him and had a first place schedule. The Colts having a last place schedule and Luck is the reason they have 5 wins, not because they are loaded with talent and decided to "tank" for Andrew Luck!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So let me get this straight, OP...

A QB makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and the Colts lost one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game of football and proceed to go 2-14 as a result.

Then, they draft the first legitimate franchise QB since John Elway in 1983, he immediately makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and you say the Colts tanked.

You can't have it both ways here. Which is it?

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What we should be upset about is that the morons here didn't try harder to do the same.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Colts tanked in 2011 - revisited

Then who was the worst team in the league last year?
    Please don't look dumb by predicting a 30+ point week for the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Caldwell was just a horrible decision as a head coach. I think he was the main reason they were so bad, and why the players didn't care to turn things around. And with that, Pagano really knows defense and always has tough units, and his scheme change on that side of the ball looks like it worked really well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    Then who was the worst team in the league last year?
    If the Colts had "tried" on defense (with the same players they used to defeat us last weekend mind you) and got even a Brady Quinn caliber QB who was readily available through FA...They easily win 7-9 games last season. They lost several by 3 with Curtis Painter...Who is Curtis Painter?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Colts are smart for doing that. They have 15 more years to look forward to. We just went through a what, 13 year drought without a franchise quarterback? I wish there was someone worth tanking for 13 years ago for we didn't have to go through this bull****. And then some of you complain about fans not showing up to games, pretty sure the Colts won't have that problem for another 15 years because of Luck.

I'm happy we have Tannehill but after Tannehill's career is over, I sure hope we don't have to wait 13 more years again for a quarterback. That's pathetic.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    So let me get this straight, OP...

A QB makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and the Colts lost one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game of football and proceed to go 2-14 as a result.

Then, they draft the first legitimate franchise QB since John Elway in 1983, he immediately makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and you say the Colts tanked.

You can't have it both ways here. Which is it?
    We all know Painter was garbage but their defense never showed up in any game. I watched some of their games and it was so obvious that it was laughable. Their defense on sunday looked nothing like that defense from last year. If we had played the colts last year with our offense now we would have scored 40. They tanked it on purpose. I know a lot of people would say never happen but their owner is a s**mbag and I wouldnt trust him as far as I can throw him.
    Quote Quote