Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Colts tanked in 2011 - revisited

1. -41
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stloc View Post
    Did you guys tank in 07? Did the Lions tank in 08? Rams in 09?
    This board is hilarious.....
    You're fanbase is pathetic the way you threw Manning to the curb dawning your Suck for Luck t-shirts. The talking heads seem to have forgotten your putrid behavior but I won't.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    You're fanbase is pathetic the way you threw Manning to the curb dawning your Suck for Luck t-shirts. The talking heads seem to have forgotten your putrid behavior but I won't.
    OUR fanbase is pathetic? We don't go ballistic when we lose a game. And we don't call out our players for sucking. The Dolphins are the most pathetic fanbase ive seem. Think theyre gonna win a SB when they are riding a 3 game winning streak, then go crazy when they lose a game. And we didnt kick manning to the curb. If you payed ANY attention, he was owed more than 20 mil in roster bonuses and we had the #1 pick sitting for us. An aging Manning or Luck? we loved Manning to death but it was clear this team didnt have the talent or the money for him to win another SB. We did the right thing and released him. To choose whichever team he wants and to start our rebuilding process. Gets your facts together
    Last edited by Gonzo; 11-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And we didnt kick manning to the curb . If you payed ANY attention, he was owed more than 20 mil in roster bonuses and we had the #1 pick sitting for us. An aging Manning or Luck? we loved Manning to death but it was clear this team didnt have the talent or the money for him to win another SB. We did the right thing and released him. To choose whichever team he wants and to start our rebuilding process. Gets your facts together
    So you dumped him because you didn't want to pay him his well deserved 20 million, didn't think he was good anymore and wanted Luck. It seems we're in total agreement of the facts.

I hope it somehow comes out that you did tank the season and they take Luck away and strip you of a bunch of picks. I swear to **** I'll have a smile on my face for a month.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 11-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you dumped him because you didn't want to pay him his well deserved 20 million, didn't think he was good anymore and wanted Luck. It seems we're in total agreement of the facts.

I hope it somehow comes out that you did tank the season and they take Luck away and strip you of a bunch of picks. I swear to **** I'll have a smile on my face for a month.
    Oh he is well deserving of that 20 mil and more. But its a business. You can't operate out of pure emotion. Tell me, would you have paid a 36 y/o Manning who was rehabbing from neck surgery 20 mil, or take the guy in the draft sitting there for you? Be honest. And you obviously don't know what your talking about, our team was total crap last year and deserved to lose those 14 games. We only have 20 players form that team. Look what a good coaching staff and an actual QB could do for a team.

Maybe the league should investigate the Phins 07 season.. since they sucked so bad.. they obviously tanked right?.....
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh he is well deserving of that 20 mil and more. But its a business. You can't operate out of pure emotion. Tell me, would you have paid a 36 y/o Manning who was rehabbing from neck surgery 20 mil, or take the guy in the draft sitting there for you? Be honest. And you obviously don't know what your talking about, our team was total crap last year and deserved to lose those 14 games. We only have 20 players form that team. Look what a good coaching staff and an actual QB could do for a team.

Maybe the league should investigate the Phins 07 season.. since they sucked so bad.. they obviously tanked right?.....
    After the fact of course its a good decision but how do you not think that wearing "Suck for Luck" T-Shirts during the season isn't a slap in the face to Manning?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After the fact of course its a good decision but how do you not think that wearing "Suck for Luck" T-Shirts during the season isn't a slap in the face to Manning?
    It is a slap in the face. But every fanbase has douchebags... And I was Dissapointed when I saw those shirts. But us fans cant do anything about the call Irsay made.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Colts did the right thing.

Try to keep in mind that the NFL is a business first and a game second.

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Colts did the right thing.

Try to keep in mind that the NFL is a business first and a game second.
    I'm not saying it was stupid on their part, to be honest it would have been a lot smarter if we would have done it because we had literally nothing to lose whereas they were at least taking a gamble that Luck would be the better option than Manning.

That still doesn't mean that these idiot douchbags wearing Suck for Luck T-Shirts and putting up billboards shouldn't be called out. What could that possibly accomplish except insult Manning? I never really took a stance on the whole Suck for Luck debate, I think its stupid to think that the coaches or players would lay down just because I'm wearing a t-shirt but I think its equally as stupid to say you would rather have a single win over say the Raiders than get Luck.
    Quote Quote