Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Offical "U mad bro?" thread .

1. -31
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As of Saturday November 10, 2012, citizens from 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/15-s...nited-states-1

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Offical "U mad bro?" thread .

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Fed lies, absolutely, but hardly forced.

They picked and chosed which polls to believe, which radio personalities to listen to, which programs to watch. The information was available for them to see what was really going on but they decided it was a lie.

No sympathy for self deception. None. I hope they cried a river and i laugh at the thought. Though i agree that hopefully they will question what they hear in the future.
    Better be careful Spesh, someone might get the impression that you are advocating personal responsibility! :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

You Liberal SOBs better be careful...if the conservatives leave, who will protect you pansies and pay for all of your free stuff? Aside from that, we could absolutely kick your asses in a new civil war.

Quote Quote  

4. -34

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    You Liberal SOBs better be careful...if the conservatives leave, who will protect you pansies and pay for all of your free stuff? Aside from that, we could absolutely kick your asses in a new civil war.

I know you're being facetious, but I don't think these dumbasses are considering the effect severing their ties with the U.S. would have on their states. Where does Louisiana get it's power? Where does it send it's trash? What does it have in place to start negotiation with foreign leaders for trading? How will it defend itself if Mexico, or any other country, decides it wants to annex it? These are legitimate questions that these guys don't have the capacity to comprehend...
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Blue states" subsidize "red states".
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I know you're being facetious, but I don't think these dumbasses are considering the effect severing their ties with the U.S. would have on their states. Where does Louisiana get it's power? Where does it send it's trash? What does it have in place to start negotiation with foreign leaders for trading? How will it defend itself if Mexico, or any other country, decides it wants to annex it? These are legitimate questions that these guys don't have the capacity to comprehend...
    Yes, I was being facetious and don't want to secede...yet. However, should it ever happen, I am sure that we could figure out how to keep things running and defend ourselves.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    "Blue states" subsidize "red states".
    According to the disclosures, it appears that you are right. However, I would like to see how that breaks down and why it occurs. My guess is that most retirement Meccas tend to be in red states thus dramatically increasing the Medicare distribution. The red states also encompass most of the states struggling with immigration and medicaid. If you have any insight or numbers, please share.

Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    According to the disclosures, it appears that you are right. However, I would like to see how that breaks down and why it occurs. My guess is that most retirement Meccas tend to be in red states thus dramatically increasing the Medicare distribution. The red states also encompass most of the states struggling with immigration and medicaid. If you have any insight or numbers, please share.

Untrue. New Mexico is a huge consumer of Medicaid/Medicare dollars and is at the forefront of immigration, while being a deep blue state. A more accurate indicator would probably be education level of these states. Unemployment is extremely high among unskilled works, but relatively low among those with a bachelor's degree and higher. I know the bible belt, all deep red states, are annually very low as far as education goes, as is the South, which is also deep red. Texas may be the exception, with several prominent Universities being there. It all comes back to education, in my mind...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Untrue. New Mexico is a huge consumer of Medicaid/Medicare dollars and is at the forefront of immigration, while being a deep blue state. A more accurate indicator would probably be education level of these states. Unemployment is extremely high among unskilled works, but relatively low among those with a bachelor's degree and higher. I know the bible belt, all deep red states, are annually very low as far as education goes, as is the South, which is also deep red. Texas may be the exception, with several prominent Universities being there. It all comes back to education, in my mind...
    You miss my point, NM is high on the list for Federal dollars because it fits the description that I offered. The fact that it is blue really isn't all that pertinent to the discussion.

Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You miss my point, NM is high on the list for Federal dollars because it fits the description that I offered. The fact that it is blue really isn't all that pertinent to the discussion.

No, it's high in medicaid dollars because we are dirt poor. Outside of Albuquerque, Las Cruces, and Santa Fe, it is an entirely rural state. More than that, it's a hugely uneducated one. Only a little over 50% of kids graduate high school, with maybe 25% of those going to college. Infrastructure here is a joke. I could go on, but it has little to do with immigration. We were dirt poor before Arizona passed that stupid law that sent them all flocking here. We are now slightly less poor, but still pretty bad. We are also pretty much the exact opposite of a retirement mecca, so it doesn't really fit your description...
    Quote Quote