Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud to be a Floridian or the destruction of the conservative right

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Proud to be a Floridian or the destruction of the conservative right

I am such a proud Floridian. I am beaming and gleaming and am all smiles.
    Yes, we are still counting but what is new.
    Obama will take Florida eventually which makes me happy. But what really surprised me and made me happy is that the attempt by the Republicans to change our Florida constitution into a christian-right piece of toilet paper and the attempted erosion of checks and balances not only failed (not reaching the required 60%) but most not even getting a simple majority.

And then the most divisive piece of crap politician (West) will hopefully be declared a loser soon.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/ele...,3140076.story

Floridians made a stand for against the Republican-Teaparty-Rightwing-Christian-Anti-American agenda.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I found the GOP attacks on our Supreme Court Justices foul. Just absolutely disgusting. Im glad they steamrolled over them.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Obama will take Florida eventually which makes me happy. But what really surprised me and made me happy is that the attempt by the Republicans to change our Florida constitution into a christian-right piece of toilet paper and the attempted erosion of checks and balances not only failed (not reaching the required 60%) but most not even getting a simple majority.

And then the most divisive piece of crap politician (West) will hopefully be declared a loser soon.

Floridians made a stand for against the Republican-Teaparty-Rightwing-Christian-Anti-American agenda.
    Phins, if you get the time this is a great article to read.

http://on.wsj.com/WymUzr

By September, events were flowing the Mr. Obama's way. The low point for Mr. Romney came when the liberal magazine Mother Jones posted a secretly recorded video of him telling donors he wouldn't worry about the 47% of Americans who don't pay federal taxes because they expected help from the government and would never vote for him.

Garrett Jackson, a young aide who travels everywhere with Mr. Romney, had the delicate task of showing the Republican nominee the video. Mr. Romney felt his words were being misinterpreted, but he also expressed regret to his senior advisers. "He was just sort of rueful," said Ms. Myers, a longtime confidante. The candidate sent one senior aide an email taking responsibility for the gaffe and promised to lead the turnaround.

The damage was immediate. Mr. Romney slipped by as much as five percentage points in the days after the video made the rounds online. Aides started referring to the campaign in the past tense. It became clear the presidential debates were his last chance to get a foothold in the race.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So much misinformation in this thread it's hilarious. Of course, anyone who thinks Romney is a conservative has no idea what conservatism is.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

The constitution thing really isn't as sinister as it sounds. Florida has no citizen referrendum process. The only way for something like that is to get on the ballot is through a proposed constitutional ammendment.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    So much misinformation in this thread it's hilarious. Of course, anyone who thinks Romney is a conservative has no idea what conservatism is.
    I think I referred to the attempt of the Republican Party to turn this State into a religious heaven and taking down the checks and balances and not Romney though Romney would have at least loved the line of checks and balance to disappear on a federal level.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think I referred to the attempt of the Republican Party to turn this State into a religious heaven and taking down the checks and balances and not Romney though Romney would have at least loved the line of checks and balance to disappear on a federal level.
    I may have misread that a little and I appologize if I did. I do need to refer back to my earlier post though. Most proposed amnedments are put there by citizens and other groups that aren't part of the government.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I may have misread that a little and I appologize if I did. I do need to refer back to my earlier post though. Most proposed amnedments are put there by citizens and other groups that aren't part of the government.
    If you would have read my link you would have seen that 3 amendments were spelled out to be put up for vote by 'lawmakers' and one by the Republican Party.
    Most of the amendments were too complicated to be a grass roots or people amendment. And believe me: non of the critical amendments were put on the people through signature collecting.

Here is a better link:
    http://www.thefloridavoter.org/resou...nal-amendments

The titles of the amendments below are those that voters will actually see on the ballot this November; the League opposes all 11 amendments. These amendments were all placed on the ballot by the Florida Legislature and, if approved, would become part of the Florida Constitution.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you would have read my link you would have seen that 3 amendments were spelled out to be put up for vote by 'lawmakers' and one by the Republican Party.
    Most of the amendments were too complicated to be a grass roots or people amendment. And believe me: non of the critical amendments were put on the people through signature collecting.

Here is a better link:
    http://www.thefloridavoter.org/resou...nal-amendments
    Sorry about that. I was reading it on my phone last night and the link didn't come up for some reason.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was listening to Morning Joe this AM talking about Romney being one of the worst candidates to run and that if Huntsman, a true Conservative (and my candidate although I generally dislike the right wing for many reasons) had been less forthright, attacked Obama more viciously and didn't speak his mind on being a moderate on social issues, he'd have won the election. As it is, for me, as a Floridian, it boiled down to not putting future ideologue supreme court justices like Scalia in a position to potentially usurp a state's Supreme Court and steal the election. Two bad choices made a little easier by Tony Scalia and Clarence Long Dong Hill. Apparently, I wasn't as alone in that being the decision determination as I originallly surmised I might be.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote