Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12

Miami picking 21st? Bet no one expected that coming into the season. Sure a lot can change but the play of rookies and veterans alike has been surprising. But there are holes. There are always holes. Perhaps there isn't a unit in more dire need of an upgrade than at WR. Davone Bess and Brian Hartline are serviceable, complementary guys that really round out a unit and a team. Unfortunately there isn't that #1 guy that can be the hybrid deep threat/possession wide out with supreme route-running and skills after the catch abilities. Add that to the Tannehill-led Philbin offense and 2013 could be much better than 2012. The Dolphins are lucky because there is a plethora of feature WRs expected to be available in April, such as the Vols Hunter. He's an ideal WCO WR. He runs smooth routes and has great hands. While no longer a real burner (2011 ACL injury) he isn't lacking in that dept. either. In 24 games for UT he has amassed 80 catches for 1386 yards and 13 TDs.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft-round1.asp
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am really not a fan of hunter, Too many drops. would rather take woods (for the sake of argument) I really think that Keenan allen is the only WR worth a first round pick this draft class.

Woods would be a good fit, he scared me though because he doesn't really seem like a natural pass catcher, catches a lot of balls with his body instead of his Hands.

I would be much more in favor of taking a Da rick Rodgers/ Josh Boyce/ Terrance Williams or Ryan Swope in the second round possibly taking 2 of them in the 2nd round depending who is available.

#1 gimme Johnthan Banks
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    one of their alternate picks for us is Giovanni Bernard? Good back, but that would be an unwise investment
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    justin hunter "runs smooth routes"...my ass

and whoever put that mock together is crazy...bjoern werner at #4 overall??? too rich...as is terrence williams in the top 12...although a dominant senior bowl week could propel him into the top 20 or so
    Last edited by hooshoops; 11-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    With Banks still on the board when we pick I think I'd rather take him over Hunter.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly I would love Eric Reid!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    I am really not a fan of hunter, Too many drops. would rather take woods (for the sake of argument) I really think that Keenan allen is the only WR worth a first round pick this draft class.

Woods would be a good fit, he scared me though because he doesn't really seem like a natural pass catcher, catches a lot of balls with his body instead of his Hands.

I would be much more in favor of taking a Da rick Rodgers/ Josh Boyce/ Terrance Williams or Ryan Swope in the second round possibly taking 2 of them in the 2nd round depending who is available.

#1 gimme Johnthan Banks
    My best guess would be that the Fins draft the best pass rusher, CB or WR on the board when we pick, kind of Ozzy Newsome style, although for him it's more like draft the best player, period. Don't force the issue, do their best to fill holes in free agency, then go for the talent in rd 1 and maybe have more of an eye to fill holes in rds 2 and 3. Better that than to force a pick- I'm still trying to figure out how the Bengals drafted Dre Kirkpatrick over David DeCastro.

So if Keenan Allen is there when we pick- works for me, but I don't think that he'll be there. Given the surplus of quality pass rushing DE's and OLB's, that's what I'm guessing for our 1st rd pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some strange picks for sure, but does reflect the value of pass rushers as those go fast in this mock. That I tend to agree with. In this scenario, I'd take Dion Jordan or Jonathan Banks. I think Banks goes closer to top 10 though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think we go DE or CB in the first and pick up WR in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In that scenario, I'd favor Eifert or Dion Jordan, and my third choice would be Banks. I have no interest in Hunter in the 1st RD.
    Quote Quote