Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    In that scenario, I'd favor Eifert or Dion Jordan, and my third choice would be Banks. I have no interest in Hunter in the 1st RD.
    I agree with you on Hunter but I'm not as high on Jordan as you are. Eifert in the 1st would depend on 40 time for me...good player but if he runs 4.8 then he's really no different than Fasano.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know anything about Jordan's character, but if he's the kind of guy this staff likes, I think he's the kind of prospect they like. Lot of upside. With development will likely exceed his draft slot. I can see him adding 15-30 lbs of good weight. Good frame. Dynamic athlete. I don't see Jordan giving up much at all to Mingo.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I don't know anything about Jordan's character, but if he's the kind of guy this staff likes, I think he's the kind of prospect they like. Lot of upside. With development will likely exceed his draft slot. I can see him adding 15-30 lbs of good weight. Good frame. Dynamic athlete. I don't see Jordan giving up much at all to Mingo.
    I don't see him as explosive as Mingo but Oregon uses him all over the place. More often than not he's rushing the QB from a two-point stance, I've seen him in coverage over the slot receiver and dropping back in coverage in zone looks. I think his strictly a speed rusher though, doesn't have any pass rush moves and it's basically him trying to get the edge on a Tackle to blow by him for a sack. He's got no power it seems. I just don't see a guy worth a 1st round pick...you're hoping he fills out and gets stronger and that at some point he'll develop some more pass rush moves...but he's a kid that if you run right at him he'll easily get taken out of the play cause he doesn't have the strength to get off the block.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If we pass on Banks for a ehh WR then i'm going go postal.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's the type of player that pushes this defense to the next level and we need someone like that. If Miami is set on Milliner or Banks, which I could see, I think they have to trade up probably 8-10 spots. Could happen and it wouldn't surprise me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I don't see him as explosive as Mingo but Oregon uses him all over the place. More often than not he's rushing the QB from a two-point stance, I've seen him in coverage over the slot receiver and dropping back in coverage in zone looks. I think his strictly a speed rusher though, doesn't have any pass rush moves and it's basically him trying to get the edge on a Tackle to blow by him for a sack. He's got no power it seems. I just don't see a guy worth a 1st round pick...you're hoping he fills out and gets stronger and that at some point he'll develop some more pass rush moves...but he's a kid that if you run right at him he'll easily get taken out of the play cause he doesn't have the strength to get off the block.
    I think he's pretty damn explosive. I'd expect his first year to look like Aldon Smith's - in terms of use, not production. He'd be a player you bring in on passing downs to get after the QB, but his versatility would be nice for some of those 3rd Down blitzes. He's not a base fit opposite Wake until he gets a lot stronger, but he has the frame, and in the meantime, he address one of our 2 or 3 biggest needs (2nd pass rusher) - while adding versatility.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    first thing about that mock draft I dont like is mingo ending up with the jets. secondly, I could be mistaken but I thought xavier rhodes got hurt.

at as far as the phins go, at the moment I can't recall how long we have soliai locked up but I think it's only this year. In that case, given the outcome of the mock we are talking about I'd much rather see us take jonathan jenkins. I'd have a hard time looking past the acl injury to hunter.
    than I'm going banks and reid in that order.

I hate missing out on keenan allen, but maybe we can find a FA wr, or maybe we just go with anothe solid but not elite WR to have just three solid guys out there. BPA is my thought here. and I think the way that draft unfolded, I want jenkins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    first thing about that mock draft I dont like is mingo ending up with the jets. secondly, I could be mistaken but I thought xavier rhodes got hurt.

at as far as the phins go, at the moment I can't recall how long we have soliai locked up but I think it's only this year. In that case, given the outcome of the mock we are talking about I'd much rather see us take jonathan jenkins. I'd have a hard time looking past the acl injury to hunter.
    than I'm going banks and reid in that order.

I hate missing out on keenan allen, but maybe we can find a FA wr, or maybe we just go with anothe solid but not elite WR to have just three solid guys out there. BPA is my thought here. and I think the way that draft unfolded, I want jenkins.
    That's a good point. I believe Solai is signed for two years, but that's definitely a position you have to be strong at. As to Hunter, if the top corners and the pass rushers are off the board, I have no problem drafting him. As far as upside goes, I think his may be the highest of all the wide receivers this year. Great talent who would complement Hartline and Bess really well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
    Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    Baccari Rambo S Georgia
    Fuaria TE UCLA
    Ryan Swope WR Tex A&M
    Christine Michael RB Tex A&M

Here is my first go at knowing nothing...
    Quote Quote