Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a little more fuel for the Colts cheated to get Andy fire...

1. -11
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I dont have anything against Luck, but after seeing the highlights all week against Miami, I am kinda hoping the one win Jaguars beat them tonight!
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    Deemed better by the writer of the article doesn't make him the best rookie QB ever. Thats an opinion. Wait until after the season and we'll see. Hell, it's not even a slam dunk that he's having the best rookie season THIS year.

And how exactly did they "cheat"? Sucking isn't cheating. Even if they laid over as a franchise it isn't cheating
    I call it cheating because of this:
    Season Team League Conference Division Regular Season Post Season Results Awards
    Finish Won Lost Ties
    2007 2007 NFL AFC South 1st 13 3 Lost Divisional Playoffs (Chargers) 2824[l] Bob Sanders (DPOY)[70]
    2008 2008 NFL AFC South 2nd 12 4 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Chargers) 2317 (OT) Peyton Manning (MVP)[71]
    2009 2009 NFL AFC * South 1st 14 2 Won Divisional Playoffs (Ravens) 203
    Won Conference Championship (Jets) 3017
    Lost Super Bowl XLIV (Saints) 3117
    Peyton Manning (MVP)[71]
    2010 2010 NFL AFC South 1st 10 6 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Jets) 1716
    2011 2011 NFL AFC South 4th 2 14

Now mind you this only goes back to 2007 but do you see a "pattern"? Yes a pattern of winning & playoffs so to think all the stars & moon align to get Andy so suddenly is a bit of a reach in my mind. On the other hand are teams such as the Fins who have been down for DECADES...If its not "fair" its called "Cheating" where i live anyway.

Lottery system please...
    Last edited by N-E-O; 11-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Just a little more fuel for the Colts cheated to get Andy fire...

Henne will lead the jags to victory
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    Henne will lead the jags to victory
    Thats the best laugh Ive had all day...It just crossed my mind MIA spent 3 years on that guy and they could have got more production if they would have gone down to "The Villages" and got some old guy off a shuffle board court.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    It's not so much that they sucked for Luck...it's that they sucked for Elway and they sucked for Manning...so every decade or so they just happen to be the worst team in football when the best prospect in a decade comes out of college...not sure about that one.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing you're leaving out in your little arguement about the Colts record previous to last year was that those teams had Peyton Freakin Manning. You know, one of the best of all time. They went into the season banking on Manning coming back and when he didn't it demoralized them. Their leader, their franchise wasn't there. They had no capable back up. They never stood a chance. Thats not cheating, its reality.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Suck for Luck was a good idea. We are lucky Tannehill has worked has good as he has so far. If they didn't get lucky with Tannehill us suck for luckers would have a big I told you so for the "real" fans! We weren't suprised by him we wanted the Dolphins to tank the season for him. Luck looks like every bit of what we thought. Doesn't matter now Tannehill is the guy. How would Luck run this particular offense? How would Tannehill do with the Colts WRs? We'll never know. Luck is going to be great without some kind of tragic injury. Tannehill is still very good for a guy with limited college experience and about as a good a fit as you could have hoped for without this offense. I became a Tannehill fan back in April, I respect Luck but that SFL chapter is over so I'm not all that concerned with him anymore.

It helps if the Colts would lose a few games so a wildcard might be there to fall back on but I'm still more concerned about New England. It doesn't look good right now but I'm not ready to give up on the division. It's only half a season gone and I hate New England from the bottom of my heart. I know if the Dolphins win a wildcard it would be a great result when you think back to how things looked in August but I refuse to get rid of that can the Dolphins win the division mentaility we fans use to have for so many years. I want us fans to get use to not being delighted to settle for the wildcard. Even though we have to pull for JAX think how bad that makes the Dolphins look if they beat the team the Dolphins couldn't.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    It's not so much that they sucked for Luck...it's that they sucked for Elway and they sucked for Manning...so every decade or so they just happen to be the worst team in football when the best prospect in a decade comes out of college...not sure about that one.
    Also Jeff George who, if I recall correctly, was considered that type of prospect.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post

And how exactly did they "cheat"? Sucking isn't cheating. Even if they laid over as a franchise it isn't cheating
    Its most definitely cheating. If Goodell somehow got his hands on proof that they schemed to get Luck you better believe the Colts would be severely reprimanded. Like probably lifetime bans, stripped of multiple first round picks and strip them of Luck type penalties.
    Quote Quote