Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Richer You Are, The More Tax Breaks You Get! (Non Partisan) Independent Study!

1. -1
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Richer You Are, The More Tax Breaks You Get! (Non Partisan) Independent Study!

A central premise of Mitt Romney’s now infamous speech to a room full of wealthy donors is that nearly half of the country relies heavily on the government for assistance with housing, food, and health care. Despite widespread criticism, Romney has stood by his claim that 47 percent of the country are “victims” who are “dependent upon the government.”
    But while Romney decries the direct government programs that benefit lower and middle class Americans, he is silent about the plethora of government tax breaks that richer Americans enjoy. As an independent study by the Tax Policy Center found, the other 53 percent receive their own form government assistance: they disproportionately benefit from the federal government’s $1.08 trillion annual allocation for tax breaks:

tax-breaks-vs-income-47.png

The top 1 percent of income earners, those who take home in excess of $400,000 a year, account for almost a quarter all tax breaks, saving more than $250 billion a year in taxes. Meanwhile, the bottom 60 percent of wage earners — a group of people that encompasses 99 percent of the “victims” that Mitt Romney describes — are given just over 20 percent of annual tax breaks, or approximately $217 billion in breaks each year.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...aks.aspx#page1

96 Percent Of People Have Received Some Government Assistance

http://bit.ly/NADmdt
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Richer You Are, The More Tax Breaks You Get! (Non Partisan) Independent Study!

How in the heck can someone get a tax break if they don't pay taxes? If you only looked at people who actually pay taxes, it is fairly well distributed. Nonetheless, if we had a flat tax with no loopholes or breaks, as I advocate, then this would be moot as everyone would pay "their fair share". Somewhere around 15-17%, I would guess. Taper it at the bottom end to zero for the lowest incomes. Bam, it's fair and no one gets an advantage. Tax hikes affect everyone as do breaks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How in the heck can someone get a tax break if they don't pay taxes? If you only looked at people who actually pay taxes, it is fairly well distributed. Nonetheless, if we had a flat tax with no loopholes or breaks, as I advocate, then this would be moot as everyone would pay "their fair share". Somewhere around 15-17%, I would guess. Taper it at the bottom end to zero for the lowest incomes. Bam, it's fair and no one gets an advantage. Tax hikes affect everyone as do breaks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Nobody is planning on a tax high. The middle class tax breaks have already been voted on and agreed upon by the Senate, but the House refuse to pass it because it excluded the extension of the bush tax-cut for the 1%.

Since the original tax rate was 39% and Bush cut down to 36%, going back to 39% is NOT considered a hike. I repeat Obama is not going to raise anybody taxes. If you make a dollar over $250,000, then you will get tax on that amount. For example if you make $250,100, you will only get tax at higher rate on the $100, not the entire amount, back to the Clinton Era. And even then the taxes will still be lowered then they have been in the last 50 years. Plus, if you are making that kind of money the amount of deduction and current loopholes, you will still be able to lower your rate.

15% to 17% is not even enough, especially if you want the military budget to be 50% of your Tax Dollars.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that there are shenanigans with the uber rich and taxes. They fund both parties heavily and get hooked up for it. That simple. However the taxes debate is a smokescreen to distract from the fact that our government is totally irresponsible and reckless with our money. You want to raise taxes fine. But if you don't use that money to balance the budget and pay off the debt then you're a douche.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Nobody is planning on a tax high. The middle class tax breaks have already been voted on and agreed upon by the Senate, but the House refuse to pass it because it excluded the extension of the bush tax-cut for the 1%.

Since the original tax rate was 39% and Bush cut down to 36%, going back to 39% is NOT considered a hike. I repeat Obama is not going to raise anybody taxes. If you make a dollar over $250,000, then you will get tax on that amount. For example if you make $250,100, you will only get tax at higher rate on the $100, not the entire amount, back to the Clinton Era. And even then the taxes will still be lowered then they have been in the last 50 years. Plus, if you are making that kind of money the amount of deduction and current loopholes, you will still be able to lower your rate.

15% to 17% is not even enough, especially if you want the military budget to be 50% of your Tax Dollars.
    Then tell your boy to stop being a b!tch to the military industrial complex.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Then tell your boy toi stop being a b!tch to the military industrial complex.
    I was referring to buddy's comment "As far as I am concerned, the military budget should account for more than 50% of the budget."

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064483171
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    I was referring to buddy's comment "As far as I am concerned, the military budget should account for more than 50% of the budget."

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064483171

My point still stands though. Obama has proven to be just another b!tch for the MIC.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

And Buddy you're drone dead wrong.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    My point still stands though. Obama has proven to be just another b!tch for the MIC.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

And Buddy you're drone dead wrong.
    You got it!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course they do... most tax breaks are for business owners
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The super-rich don't pay taxes unless they want to. "Taxing the rich" refers to the middle class. The elites want everyone on the same level of subservience to them.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote