Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: We are all die hard Jaguars fans tonight!

  1. -11
    AphexPhin's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    2,539
    vCash:
    4740
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the Colts will most likely roll but here's hoping the Jags have the game of their life tonight
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    CorduroyG's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    588
    vCash:
    2691
    Thanks / No Thanks
    letdown game for the colts. just like after they had that huge emotional win at home against the packers, then laid an egg the following week against the jets. huge emotional win at home against miami, then a stinker against the jags. this will be a close game.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    DphinBillkiller's Avatar
    Touchdown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    6,391
    vCash:
    6485
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Go Jags!

    Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    CorduroyG's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    588
    vCash:
    2691
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I understand why we'd want to root for the colts to lose but when you need to root for a 5-3 team to lose so you have a chance to make the playoffs, it only means one thing. You won't go far in the playoffs if you even get there. Not trying to be negative. I know we could be 6-2 or even 7-1 but we're not and there's a good reason for it. Our talent level is not that high yet. I know Carps costed us those games but it should not had to come to that. We had our chances to put games away and we didn't and that was against teams that are not all that good.We're going to be playing some pretty good teams soon and we'll have to prove we can actually beat those teams or else, it won't matter what other teams do.

    Ozzy rules!!
    i hate this way of thinking. who cares if we wont go far in the playoffs, its better than not making it right? considering we were supposed to be 1 of the worst teams in the league, making the playoffs would be an enormous accomplishment, even if we lose 62-7 in the wild card game. plus this is what makes football fun, being right in the thick of the playoff hunt, having interest in a bunch of different games knowing each game has playoff implications for your team. this time last year we wouldnt give a flying f.uck about tonite's game. sure it would be nice to be 7-1 but we're not, most teams arent, hence we'll be rooting for teams we're battling for a playoff spot to lose. we're not the only team rooting for the jaguars tonite, do all those teams have no shot to get far in the playoffs too?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    OR or....Miami could have just taken care of the Colts themselves.
    Or we can stop dwelling on things and even if we beat them we still would've been rooting for the jags
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    9,989
    vCash:
    6226
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CorduroyG View Post
    i hate this way of thinking. who cares if we wont go far in the playoffs, its better than not making it right? considering we were supposed to be 1 of the worst teams in the league, making the playoffs would be an enormous accomplishment, even if we lose 62-7 in the wild card game. plus this is what makes football fun, being right in the thick of the playoff hunt, having interest in a bunch of different games knowing each game has playoff implications for your team. this time last year we wouldnt give a flying f.uck about tonite's game. sure it would be nice to be 7-1 but we're not, most teams arent, hence we'll be rooting for teams we're battling for a playoff spot to lose. we're not the only team rooting for the jaguars tonite, do all those teams have no shot to get far in the playoffs too?
    If you're talking about the teams that have a similar record as ours, then no, I don't think they have much of a chance. Having said that, I know that a team can get on a roll at the right time and win it all. Believe me, I dream about it as much as the next guy but I'm trying to be realistic too. I never said I want the jags to lose. What I'm saying is I'd rather us take care of business instead of hoping another team will beat a team for us that we couldn't beat ourselfs.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I understand why we'd want to root for the colts to lose but when you need to root for a 5-3 team to lose so you have a chance to make the playoffs, it only means one thing. You won't go far in the playoffs if you even get there. Not trying to be negative. I know we could be 6-2 or even 7-1 but we're not and there's a good reason for it. Our talent level is not that high yet. I know Carps costed us those games but it should not had to come to that. We had our chances to put games away and we didn't and that was against teams that are not all that good.We're going to be playing some pretty good teams soon and we'll have to prove we can actually beat those teams or else, it won't matter what other teams do.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Getting to the playoffs alone would be an accomplishment you speak like if we're some perennial playoff team and bold is complete bull**** and holds no weight in it. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen, it's like packers who took caere of business in the regular season and the falcons right now. Just because you have a great record heading into the playoffs doesn't mean you're going to win it all and upsets won't happen
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Czonka39's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,345
    vCash:
    2440
    Loc:
    Louisville Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Colts pass rusher Mathas out tonight
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you're talking about the teams that have a similar record as ours, then no, I don't think they have much of a chance. Having said that, I know that a team can get on a roll at the right time and win it all. Believe me, I dream about it as much as the next guy but I'm trying to be realistic too. I never said I want the jags to lose. What I'm saying is I'd rather us take care of business instead of hoping another team will beat a team for us that we couldn't beat ourselfs.

    Ozzy rules!!
    No **** we wished we could of beat the colts but we didn't. If you get to the playoffs you took care of business period and usually every season teams are always rooting for others to win/lose near the end of the season
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,622
    vCash:
    1577
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think running back jennings is going to be big tonight.. lets all hope lol
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Lets talk hard knocks tonight, look forward
    By MarshallFin1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. Tonightís Hard Knocks Storylines; Jeff Ireland Looking Smarter
    By Czonka39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 12:48 AM
  3. Hard Knocks TONIGHT!
    By JCane in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 01:47 AM
  4. Any Bars have Hard Knocks on tonight? (South Fl)
    By Jersey DolFan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •