"This is not a frivolous thing," Yarmuth said Thursday. "I think she is definitely interested in seeking public office. She has a great interest in public policy, and so I have encouraged her to do that."

Yarmuth also stirred controversy in his election night pledge to do everything he can to deny McConnell a sixth term in the Senate.

"It's funny that a day after the leader of their party, President Obama, called for elected officials to bridge the partisan divide, the Kentucky Democrat party is already sharpening their knives," said Jesse Benton, McConnell's campaign manager, in a statement.

"Still, their desperation is understandable as they no doubt realize what a daunting task it will be to run against Senator McConnell and his un-matched record of serious, principled leadership," Benton continued.

A University of Kentucky graduate with a degree in French, Judd lives in Tennessee and works in Hollywood but bleeds Kentucky blue, often attending and enthusiastically cheering Wildcat basketball games.

WHAS11 News has learned that the actress, a Barack Obama delegate at the 2012 Democratic National Convention, has been in conversations with influential Kentucky Democrats for months.
http://www.whas11.com/news/politics/...177983891.html

This is a horrible idea by Yarmuth and the Democratic party of Kentucky. She faces an uphill battle in this and probably has no shot at winning. All McConnell has to do is run ads showing that she has been living in Tennessee for the past number years and then tie her to the "liberals in Hollywood" and she's toast. I don't care how big a UK fan she is, coal miners won't vote for her. McConnell usually runs a tight, vicious campaign. She wouldn't survive it.