Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 148

Thread: United States of Racism

  1. -61
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,073
    vCash:
    6779
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There was a 4 car crash in Mexico today. 243 people died.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,073
    vCash:
    6779
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you swat 200 flies at one time???


    Hit an Ethiopian in the face with a frying pan.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,073
    vCash:
    6779
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In Kentucky, what do divorces and tornados have in common???

    Either way, someone is going to lose a trailer.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why don't Blacks take aspirin?

    They stopped picking cotton a long time ago

    How do you stop black kids from jumping on the bed?

    Velcro on the ceiling

    A little white baby dies, goes to heaven, gets wings and becomes an angel.
    A little black baby dies, goes to heaven, gets wings and becomes a bat.


    Why are there no blacks in Canada?

    Theres a machine up there that compresses them to make hockey pucks.


    Feel free to make any Italian jokes you want at my expense


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,657
    vCash:
    4941
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    In Kentucky, what do divorces and tornados have in common???

    Either way, someone is going to lose a trailer.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Why don't Blacks take aspirin?

    They stopped picking cotton a long time ago

    How do you stop black kids from jumping on the bed?

    Velcro on the ceiling

    A little white baby dies, goes to heaven, gets wings and becomes an angel.
    A little black baby dies, goes to heaven, gets wings and becomes a bat.


    Why are there no blacks in Canada?

    Theres a machine up there that compresses them to make hockey pucks.


    Feel free to make any Italian jokes you want at my expense
    Guys post these in the "anything goes thread" or in the lounge joke thread please. These are if anything off topic in this thread, all though I understand the intent to draw upon the race card and jokes in America based on racial stereotypes.

    Either way I think they belong in one of the other threads.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever


    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,259
    vCash:
    1246
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Nope, any white person who refers to Barack Obama as a monkey or n-word is racist. It really is that simple.


    Ok, so that’s call an assertion, now I will wait for your proof…

    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Hey, im agreeing with you here. Jesus didnt write the bible, you hear the words of Jesus, therefore you must be a prophet. I mean, pretending to be a prophet is a pretty huge black mark right? No one would do that. Sounds like your the real thing.


    I never said I hear Jesus, I said Jesus never said anything about White Power like you asserted he did, which according to scripture he didn’t. Please try to keep up and stop wasting my time, thank you.

    Really, the guy who cant respond to a post without breaking up every sentence is calling others out for incoherence. Never knew you had such a good sense of humor Statler, caused me to laugh.


    I break posts up and respond to them point by point to enhance coherence for people like you. If I didn’t do this there’s no way you’d be able to keep up. You’re welcome.

    Oh, so because the entire "women make less money than men" thing is a complete myth, Republicans voted against it to simply look good.


    Nope, they were against passing a Bill that addressed a fabricated issue, had pork attached to it, and could lead to very serious unintended consequences. Kudos to them for actually reading something before they pass it, a novel concept wouldn’t you say?

    Or i guess bad. According to you, a member of the party of personal responsibility, its those damned Democrats faults again. For making Republicans look bad.


    The Democrats didn’t make the Republicans look bad to those of us who actually know what is going on, it made them look responsible. If you’re gullible enough to fall for the fictitious “war on women” narrative then you’re certainly not the type of informed voter we want in the Republican Party that’s for sure.

    And hey man, im learning all sorts of things. I mean, i totally get what you are saying. Its not Romneys fault for losing. He "should" have won despite running a bad campaign. Im sorry Statler but this is America. We live in a capitalistic society. We frown upon entitlement. I know you and other Republicans felt entitled to the office of the Presidency, but America spoke in support of the person who ran the better campaign. Sorry man but we believe that the person who worked the best and hardest should win and the person who was lazy and stupid should lose. I know this is upsetting but there are many other countries out there who do support entitlement attitudes and could be more to your liking.


    So you think it’s not who would be the best President or who has a solid record to run on who should be elected to the office but rather who has the most campaign funding and who runs the “best” political campaign? So much for job accountability, you’re hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    There is this thing in law (and criminal justice) known as the different burdens of proof. You have 1) preponderance of the evidence, 2) clear and convincing evidence and 3) beyond a reasonable doubt. You have people going out of their way to attack Obama, the first black president, calling him a MONKEY. You have these people bringing up his race. You have people, from the south, a historically close minded region, and they are calling him, a monkey. Monkey is quite the popular vernacular among racists because it insinuates that blacks are lower intelligence and filthy but with human traits. Also, monkeys typically are black, same color as black people's skin. Yet somehow you have convinced yourself that NO, these people were NOT being racist. You have tipped the scales to favor "innocently attacking" . I personally believe that there is no reasonable doubt that they were being racist in their comments.


    Firstly, you’re misrepresenting my position. My position was never that those people are definitely not racists; my position is that calling a president a monkey doesn’t automatically prove someone is a racist, and that we should learn a little more about what those people actually believe before we label them racists because racism is a very specific belief system. Secondly, you are equivocating on the points of the discussion, I never said that their comments could not be identified as racially charged, I am simply objecting to the immediate jump you’re making from their stupid comments to the person’s belief system. They may all be racists, sure, but I’d like to know more before I levy such a serious charge against anyone.

    That, to me, is dishonest and ignorant. And your previous posts back up that point. You truly do not realize you were wrong, and you refuse to accept that. You'd rather make up a plethora of excuses, sitting there pretending that you have some sort of code deciphered while the rest of us are scribbling on napkins trying to reach the point which you already are. Somehow, someway... we will get there.


    You can personally attack me all you want; it does nothing to back up your position though. I would argue that such an irrational tactic tends to actually erode away from or at the very least divert attention away from the actual merits of the rest of your argument.

    My calling you a troll has absolutely nothing to do with us simply disagreeing, more with your bold face rejection of any and everything logical.


    Well unfortunately you’ve just made an assertion based purely on speculation because you have not presented anything logical to this point for me to reject. I have been very specific as to why I feel your arguments are illogical, and it is upon those grounds that I choose to reject your position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Hey, glad you met Statler. The mods swear up and down that it isn't a troll account. I'm going to continue believing it is, because if not, it speaks poorly of the future of the U.S...


    Believing something is true simply because you want it to be true in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary? That sounds like you.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,092
    vCash:
    29221
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    If you’re gullible enough to fall for the fictitious “war on women” narrative then you’re certainly not the type of informed voter we want in the Republican Party that’s for sure.
    It's going to be hard to win elections if your reaction to the election is going to be some version of: "women voted for Obama because they were too stupid to realize he was lying to them." It's not a meritocracy. It's a Democracy. You have to appeal to women to win, and part of that is realizing that they care about the specifics of policy, didn't like your policies, and that calling them stupid is no way to say you're sorry.

    So... either change your positions, or lose. It's up to you.

    My position was never that those people are definitely not racists; my position is that calling a president a monkey doesn’t automatically prove someone is a racist, and that we should learn a little more about what those people actually believe before we label them racists because racism is a very specific belief system. Secondly, you are equivocating on the points of the discussion, I never said that their comments could not be identified as racially charged, I am simply objecting to the immediate jump you’re making from their stupid comments to the person’s belief system. They may all be racists, sure, but I’d like to know more before I levy such a serious charge against anyone.


    Why isn't calling a black man a monkey indicative of a racist belief system?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,259
    vCash:
    1246
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It's going to be hard to win elections if your reaction to the election is going to be some version of: "women voted for Obama because they were too stupid to realize he was lying to them." It's not a meritocracy. It's a Democracy. You have to appeal to women to win, and part of that is realizing that they care about the specifics of policy, didn't like your policies, and that calling them stupid is no way to say you're sorry.


    You can appeal to a demographic and still not lie to them. The “War on Women” was a complete sham and they all fell for it. If Obama had an actual record of success to run on we would have never heard one thing about women, he needed their vote to win and he knew it.

    So... either change your positions, or lose. It's up to you.


    That’s the false dichotomy fallacy, we’ve won five out of the last nine presidential elections with these same policies, they’ll win again once people get fed up with a party that views nearly four years of at least 8 percent unemployment as a sign that their policies are working. We ran a moderate candidate when we should have run an actual conservative, 2010 showed us that Americans prefer true conservatism over any other ideology.

    Why isn't calling a black man a monkey indicative of a racist belief system?

    I never said it wasn’t, I just said that it is not always the case; there are other reasons for calling someone a monkey than their race.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,092
    vCash:
    29221
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    You can appeal to a demographic and still not lie to them. The “War on Women” was a complete sham and they all fell for it. If Obama had an actual record of success to run on we would have never heard one thing about women, he needed their vote to win and he knew it.
    You're hardly going to appeal to them with that attitude.

    That’s the false dichotomy fallacy, we’ve won five out of the last nine presidential elections with these same policies, they’ll win again once people get fed up with a party that views nearly four years of at least 8 percent unemployment as a sign that their policies are working. We ran a moderate candidate when we should have run an actual conservative, 2010 showed us that Americans prefer true conservatism over any other ideology.
    You showed pretty consistently in pre-election threads you have no idea what the "people" think about things, want or are willing to tolerate. This election should be a teaching moment for you, but you don't seem to be learning.

    I never said it wasn’t, I just said that it is not always the case; there are other reasons for calling someone a monkey than their race.
    Why should I assume mitigating circumstances -- whatever they might be -- exist without having a reason to believe they exist? It's reasonable to infer a racist person from a racist statement or action. Why should theoretical evidence be given equal weight with actual evidence?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    So according to the article, my state is racist despite there being no racist tweets?
    That depends. Are there any non-minorities in your state who did not vote for Obama? If the answser is yes then your state is racist!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Weird United States!
    By Skeet84 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM
  2. United States Army
    By Buddwalk in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 11:03 AM
  3. How I would change the United States
    By GlennFoley in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 03:55 AM
  4. United States vs. Cuba
    By iceblizzard69 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •