Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -81
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    White guys who try to call black guys the N word in a friendly way are called wiggas, and they tend to get beat up a lot. Except for Eminem, for some unknown reason. You show me a black guy who is willing to call another guy the N word in a malicious way and I'll buy you a beer. Good luck with that, though.

I can't believe we have yet another person here defending racism. This is ridiculous...
    Even with Em, Im pretty sure Ive never once heard him say nigga or any variation of it in a song.

Im not even sure he is trolling. If Im trolling someone I at least want what Im saying to be readable and clear. I literally dont know what he is talking about when he quoted me in those two posts earlier.

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You think you're being clever
    You probably shouldn't get angry when people reply to you in kind or on your level.

I asked you specific questions that apparently made you feel uncomfortable causing you to go into attack mode. I'll try not to do that again.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    You probably shouldn't get angry when people reply to you in kind or on your level.

I asked you specific questions that apparently made you feel uncomfortable causing you to go into attack mode. I'll try not to do that again.
    No, you asked questions that were retarded. He responded to you in kind.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im not sure what you want me to answer.
    I'll try again.

Tyler, can we agree that using slurs that were created to degrade people are inappropriate? You seem to be implying that it's okay if there aren't any racial undertones.

I don't think anyone misses the historical implications or racial motivations. It's more an issue of right or wrong for everyone, as opposed to right or wrong based on skin color.

Please consider this question: Is it ever allowable to degrade a black person? If the answer is no then shouldn't that apply to all people?

If it is allowable to degrade a black person, is it possible to do it in a way that's NOT racial?

As for you saying calling a white person a money is the same...it just isnt. Walk into a room full of white people and call them monkeys and then a room full of black people and call them monkeys. Guarantee you the reaction is different because the implication is different.
    I think it might depend on the audience. A professional audience of mostly college educated people would be offended either way because it's wrong to call any person a monkey regardless of skin color.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I'll try again.

Tyler, can we agree that using slurs that were created to degrade people are inappropriate? You seem to be implying that it's okay if there aren't any racial undertones.
    Umm...yes. You completely pulled this out of nowhere. I never said they are OK.

I don't think anyone misses the historical implications or racial motivations. It's more an issue of right or wrong for everyone, as opposed to right or wrong based on skin color.

Please consider this question: Is it ever allowable to degrade a black person? If the answer is no then shouldn't that apply to all people?

If it is allowable to degrade a black person, is it possible to do it in a way that's NOT racial?
    If the historical implications arent lost on you, it should be a no-brainer that the implication is different when you call a black person a monkey. If you dont get it already, then its not worth my time explaining it. It carries a differet meaning and thats just how it is.

Of course you can "degrade" a black person without being racist. I did it just the other day with Belcher. Hes a no good piece of **** that murdered the mother of his child and then took the coward's way out because he couldnt lay in the bed he made. See that? I just insulted Belcher without ever once using a racial slur.

I think it might depend on the audience. A professional audience of mostly college educated people would be offended either way because it's wrong to call any person a monkey regardless of skin color.
    Sure they might take offense, but the source of the offense would be different. With the white people they may be mad because they take that as me calling them stupid. The black people would take that as me trying to say that they arent quite human.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You completely pulled this out of nowhere.
    Not exactly. You said, "using racial slurs that were created to degrade black people are inappropriate." I just wanted to know your opinion on degrading people sans racial undertones.

I never said they are OK.
    I know. I never meant to imply you did.

It carries a differet meaning and thats just how it is.
    No one disputes this. The question was if those historical implications made it okay to slur others.

Sure they might take offense, but the source of the offense would be different. With the white people they may be mad because they take that as me calling them stupid. The black people would take that as me trying to say that they arent quite human.
    Some would surely take offense for different reasons but I don't think it's safe to say everyone of a certain skin color would take offense for the same reason. Would it be healthy for society to reach a place where the use of degrading terms were rightfully dismissed as ignorant and then forgotten, as opposed to causing offense?
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Call me crazy but I think it's VERY easy to tell when someone is being racist. Racial jokes and sarcasm are funny. People who can't tell the difference are dingleberries.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OH boy, here goes waldork trying to talk genetics and willfully being obtuse again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll try again.

Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    I never said I hear Jesus, I said Jesus never said anything about White Power like you asserted he did, which according to scripture he didn’t. Please try to keep up and stop wasting my time, thank you.
    Hey man, never asserted Jesus said White Power. Just certain members who follow him, and you follow what certain members say. I can understand the confusion, many us of are better at understanding coherent posts than others.
    So no to the prophet, yes to following others who sometimes talk about White Power. Thats a shame and fairly embarrassing for you.

I break posts up and respond to them point by point to enhance coherence for people like you.

If I didn’t do this there’s no way you’d be able to keep up.
    You’re welcome.
    Coherence? Man, your to amusing Statler.

Nope, they were against passing a Bill that addressed a fabricated issue, had pork attached to it, and could lead to very serious unintended consequences. Kudos to them for actually reading something before they pass it, a novel concept wouldn’t you say?
    So they werent victims! They just saved America from unintended consequences there werent really unintented except you now say they were unintended. Man, thank god for that GOP, looking out for the citizens of this country, especially women of this country and their vulnerable vagina's that currently lack probes in them.

The Democrats didn’t make the Republicans look bad to those of us who actually know what is going on, it made them look responsible. If you’re gullible enough to fall for the fictitious “war on women” narrative then you’re certainly not the type of informed voter we want in the Republican Party that’s for sure.
    I totally agree, Republicans made themselves look bad. So again, they werent the victim! Its so nice to have a conversation with you in which we are both in full agreement. Republicans just want to talk about rape and vagina probing and that made them look bad. And of course there is no "war on women" according to the GOP. If those women would just shut up and take it nothing would be a problem.

So you think it’s not who would be the best President or who has a solid record to run on who should be elected to the office but rather who has the most campaign funding and who runs the “best” political campaign? So much for job accountability, you’re hilarious

Its such a shame thats not the situation, isnt it? I know you want the office of the Presidency to be handed to you, but you actually have to run campaigns to win it. The "win" thing is the key. It requires hard work and skilled use of limited funds. Unfortunately, Romney was clearly to stupid and lazy. Many of his supporters felt the job should have just been given to him, but im sorry Statler thats just not the America the majority of us believe in. One of the key traits to running for President is leadership and asking for a handout like Romney did is just not strong leadership. Again, there are many other countries that believe in handing you things that you would probably be more at ease with.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote