Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -141
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not playing this game. You know the context of all these words. Although, judging by the pure ignorance of your posts before your hiatus, I guess it's possible you don't. Either way, I'm not being drawn in to your bull****. If you can't understand these simple concepts, then this entire conversation is above your head anyways...
    Good answer!!! When you don't understand simple truth you are much better off staying out of the discussion. You would be much advised to follow Mark Twain's famous quote “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Good answer!!! When you don't understand simple truth you are much better off staying out of the discussion. You would be much advised to follow Mark Twain's famous quote “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
    Nope, I've just been in the mental health field long enough to know how much progress you get when arguing with those with delusions. And you, my friend, are one of the more delusional people I've had the displeasure of speaking with...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -143
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Troll, troll, troll your boat...

Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    That has always been the way the issue has been framed by those who are pro choice. You know better than to say the Obama administration invented that framing. C'mon.

Really? Then how could there all of the sudden be a “war on women” since the GOP has not changed their stance on abortion in the last 20 years? You’re caught in a bind, either the Obama campaign invented this new framing of the issue, or they invented the idea of a war on women being initiated. Either way, they lied.

People who frame it that way legitimately believe that's the correct way to frame it. You can disagree about that but to say they know they're lying when they frame it that way is presumptuous, to say the least. On what are you basing it?

No because framing it as a “war on women” implies that the GOP is intentionally trying to “pick on” women, even though the Left know good and well that the reason the GOP is against abortion has nothing to do with women and everything to do with the right to life. They are being disingenuous by framing the issue that way, they frame the issue that way because many people fall for it.

Trust me, he’s already “removed all doubt” on several occasions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Nope, I've just been in the mental health field long enough to know how much progress you get when arguing with those with delusions. And you, my friend, are one of the more delusional people I've had the displeasure of speaking with...

The irrational will often resort to personally attacking their opponent when they are faced with an irrefutable argument. Case and point.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Troll, troll, troll your boat...

Why would you call him a troll? He simply wanted to define the terms of the discussion, which is something we all should have done nearly 20 pages ago. Calling someone a troll simply because you either can’t refute their position or simply do not want to engage them in debate is totally absurd.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we please bring this thread back to topic?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Really? Then how could there all of the sudden be a “war on women” since the GOP has not changed their stance on abortion in the last 20 years? You’re caught in a bind, either the Obama campaign invented this new framing of the issue, or they invented the idea of a war on women being initiated. Either way, they lied.

Oh, nonsense. Neither John Kerry nor George W. Bush ran on cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, as Romney did. Bush ended up cutting some funding to it but never made a campaign issue out of it.

Romney made Planned Parenthood a deliberate source of emphasis. That was new to this cycle.

No because framing it as a “war on women” implies that the GOP is intentionally trying to “pick on” women, even though the Left know good and well that the reason the GOP is against abortion has nothing to do with women and everything to do with the right to life. They are being disingenuous by framing the issue that way, they frame the issue that way because many people fall for it.
    So "the left" frames it that way -- not because they believe it, but because "many people" fall for it? So none of those "many people" are in fact in the left? I mean, just take a look at the way you're talking about this.

I happen to agree that the abortion question should rest on the legal (and moral, and biological) definition of a person. If there was a consensus about that -- whichever way it went -- there would be no abortion debate. But to insist as you are that there are no gray areas or legitimate points of disagreement -- to the point where you believe people who disagree with you actually agree with you but are being deceptive -- is really quite fascinating. And sort of sad. [/QUOTE]
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh, nonsense. Neither John Kerry nor George W. Bush ran on cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, as Romney did. Bush ended up cutting some funding to it but never made a campaign issue out of it.

Romney made Planned Parenthood a deliberate source of emphasis. That was new to this cycle.
    That still has nothing to do with a “war on women”, we were not in a fiscal crisis in 2004 and Planned Parenthood hadn’t been caught trying to hide sexual abuse cases and gender-based abortions at that time.

So "the left" frames it that way -- not because they believe it, but because "many people" fall for it? So none of those "many people" are in fact in the left? I mean, just take a look at the way you're talking about this.

I am not referring to the general voting population when I use the term “the Left”, I am talking about politicians, analysts, and those formulating the political narrative for the campaign when I use that term, but you already knew that.

I happen to agree that the abortion question should rest on the legal (and moral, and biological) definition of a person. If there was a consensus about that -- whichever way it went -- there would be no abortion debate.

Are you really suggesting that “personhood” is something determined by majority or consensus opinion? You really want to go down that path?

But to insist as you are that there are no gray areas or legitimate points of disagreement -- to the point where you believe people who disagree with you actually agree with you but are being deceptive -- is really quite fascinating. And sort of sad.

If they wanted to argue abortion on the actual merits I’d be fine with that. However, rather than argue abortion on the merits, they want to mischaracterize it as a “women’s rights” issue and therefore take the discussion down some rabbit hole about attacking women. They know the GOP views this as a human right’s issue, and since there is no denying that a fetus is a living human being they know this is a human rights issue as well. It’s a red herring, sadly it’s an effective one, but still just a red herring. Good discussion though.
    Quote Quote