Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -91
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You're hardly going to appeal to them with that attitude.

You see, there you go again; you think it is better to lie to someone in order to get them to vote for you than tell them the hard truth. Women will know they made a huge mistake at the end of Obama’s second term, they were totally duped.

You showed pretty consistently in pre-election threads you have no idea what the "people" think about things, want or are willing to tolerate. This election should be a teaching moment for you, but you don't seem to be learning.

You sound just like the Conservatives who thought the nation was shifting in 2004 win Bush won re-election only to see the Democrats bounce back in 2006, or the Liberals in 2008 who thought a new age of progressivism was ushered in by Obama’s election only to have their clocks cleaned by Conservatives in 2010. Conservatives will be back, whether it is in 2014 or 2016. You seem to forget that Conservatives gained strength in the House in this last election, so it was not quite the glorious victory on all fronts you seem to think it was.

Why should I assume mitigating circumstances -- whatever they might be -- exist without having a reason to believe they exist? It's reasonable to infer a racist person from a racist statement or action. Why should theoretical evidence be given equal weight with actual evidence?

Calling Obama a monkey is not a “racist statement”; racism is defined as the belief that a person’s race is superior to all other races. If they made a statement saying they thought whites were superior to all other races, then that would be a racist statement. They made statements that could be seen as racially insensitive, but that does not prove they are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Can we agree that using slurs that were created to degrade people are inappropriate? It's as if you're saying it's okay if there isn't any racial undertones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post

I don't think anyone misses the historical innappropriateness or racial motivations.

Is it ever allowable to degrade a black person? Is it possible to do it in a way that's not racial?

Did anyone have any problems with Condi Rice portrayed as GWB's parrot? Was it okay because the insult because she's a draconian Republican and the insult came from the left?

Double standards suck. Everyone should be treated the same. Either we're all dumb monkeys or none of us are.

Exactly, I don’t recall seeing such outrage when liberal comedians such as Whoopi Goldberg called Condi Rice “Sally Hennings” who was Thomas Jefferson’s slave and mistress. Was that racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    White guys who try to call black guys the N word in a friendly way are called wiggas, and they tend to get beat up a lot. Except for Eminem, for some unknown reason. You show me a black guy who is willing to call another guy the N word in a malicious way and I'll buy you a beer. Good luck with that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I can't believe we have yet another person here defending racism. This is ridiculous...

He’s not defending racism; he’s calling you out for being irrational, you are appealing to logically fallacious special pleading.. I already pointed out that blacks use racial slurs with one another in malice quite frequently, Warren Ballantine called Juan Williams a “Porch Monkey” on national television when the two were having an argument, and they are both black. You still have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    OH boy, here goes waldork trying to talk genetics and willfully being obtuse again.

Ah, the guy who works in genetics but didn’t know what the word genome meant, I remember you, you’re a funny one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Hey man, never asserted Jesus said White Power. Just certain members who follow him, and you follow what certain members say. I can understand the confusion, many us of are better at understanding coherent posts than others.

…and some of us are better at typing coherent statements than others, that is for sure.

So no to the prophet, yes to following others who sometimes talk about White Power. Thats a shame and fairly embarrassing for you.

Nope, as a Christian I follow Christ, and he never said anything about “white power”, so your analogy fails. You’re a Darwinist, and Darwin was a racist.

Coherence? Man, your to amusing Statler.

I am sure you meant “YOU’RE TOO amusing Statler.”; no wonder it’s tough to follow your posts.

So they werent victims! They just saved America from unintended consequences there werent really unintented except you now say they were unintended. Man, thank god for that GOP, looking out for the citizens of this country, especially women of this country and their vulnerable vagina's that currently lack probes in them.

Ultrasounds are actually non-invasive, but you don’t really seem to care about the facts considering you thought women actually earn 75 cents to every man’s dollar.

I totally agree, Republicans made themselves look bad. So again, they werent the victim! Its so nice to have a conversation with you in which we are both in full agreement. Republicans just want to talk about rape and vagina probing and that made them look bad. And of course there is no "war on women" according to the GOP. If those women would just shut up and take it nothing would be a problem.

We’re just informed enough to know that there is a bit of difference between an 18 year old boy who sleeps with his 15 year old girlfriend consensually and a man who attacks a woman and forces her to have sex with him against her will. You just know you can’t win on the issues so you have to distort the facts.

Unfortunately, Romney was clearly to stupid and lazy.

“…to stupid…”? I seriously hope you were trying to be ironic by making such a bone-headed grammatical error while calling Romney stupid, please tell me you were being funny, please…
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your understanding of the word genome does not equal the true meaning of the word.

But keep telling yourself that it is, maybe it will come true in never never land.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    You see, there you go again; you think it is better to lie to someone in order to get them to vote for you than tell them the hard truth. Women will know they made a huge mistake at the end of Obama’s second term, they were totally duped.
    The "hard truth" that uterus' can repel rape sperm? Or that contraceptives shouldn't be covered by health insurance, and that any woman who does think they do is a slut? Romney promised to end funding to Planned Parenthood. Where's the "hard truth" in that?

You sound just like the Conservatives who thought the nation was shifting in 2004 win Bush won re-election only to see the Democrats bounce back in 2006, or the Liberals in 2008 who thought a new age of progressivism was ushered in by Obama’s election only to have their clocks cleaned by Conservatives in 2010. Conservatives will be back, whether it is in 2014 or 2016. You seem to forget that Conservatives gained strength in the House in this last election, so it was not quite the glorious victory on all fronts you seem to think it was.

Once again, you shouldn't lecture on what's going to happen a few years from now when the election from last month showed you really have no idea about the current climate or electorate. Try waiting until you get a few of these right in a row before your spout off so haughtily.

Calling Obama a monkey is not a “racist statement”; racism is defined as the belief that a person’s race is superior to all other races. If they made a statement saying they thought whites were superior to all other races, then that would be a racist statement. They made statements that could be seen as racially insensitive, but that does not prove they are racists.

I'm not trying to "prove" that someone who makes such a joke is a racist. But in lieu of other evidence it's an appropriate inference to make. Suppose a Jewish person has been elected president and that night a non-Jewish person tweets "Sieg Heil! #finalsolution." What is reasonable to draw from that?
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not trying to "prove" that someone who makes such a joke is a racist. But in lieu of other evidence it's an appropriate inference to make. Suppose a Jewish person has been elected president and that night someone tweets "Sieg Heil! #finalsolution." What is reasonable to draw from that?
    Are you saying its offensive because he is a Jew? What if he was white with blonde hair and blue eyes?

DOUBLE STANDARD!

Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Theres a bottom line people are ignoring.....a word carries no power in and of itself until someone gives it power. For example, it is ok for certain people to use a word and its not ok for others to use it. BS! If Fitty Cent and CanYea can drop N bombs, i have every right to use a N bomb....be it in a joking or aggressive manner. Someone in this thread remarked they had never heard one black call another black the N word in a mean, aggressive or derogatory manner. Really? Never been to YouTube and watched some fight videos? Haven't lived long enough to know what one black meant when he called another a "House Nigga"? I do.....so dont tell me someone can use a word without care while i have to watch my words.......last time i checked, this was still America, and they haven't stripped all freedom from us yet.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Theres a bottom line people are ignoring.....a word carries no power in and of itself until someone gives it power. For example, it is ok for certain people to use a word and its not ok for others to use it. BS! If Fitty Cent and CanYea can drop N bombs, i have every right to use a N bomb....be it in a joking or aggressive manner. Someone in this thread remarked they had never heard one black call another black the N word in a mean, aggressive or derogatory manner. Really? Never been to YouTube and watched some fight videos? Haven't lived long enough to know what one black meant when he called another a "House Nigga"? I do.....so dont tell me someone can use a word without care while i have to watch my words.......last time i checked, this was still America, and they haven't stripped all freedom from us yet.
    And we have the right to call you a moron and a racist for doing it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

They did? You lie again. While the Democrats may not have gotten the majority they did gain 8 seats in the House over the last Congressional session.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...lections,_2012

They also gained 2 seats in the Senate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_senate_elections

Combine that with the destruction of Romney in the Presidential election and the win of the popular vote I would say it was a sound rejection of the Republican party.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

8. -98

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And we have the right to call you a moron and a racist for doing it.
    You do.....opinions are like Corvettes...every Ahole gets one
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You do.....opinions are like Corvettes...every Ahole gets one
    Go around calling black people n******s and you won't believe how many Corvettes are out there. Somehow I doubt you will or have ever done, though.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go around calling black people n******s and you won't believe how many Corvettes are out there. Somehow I doubt you will or have ever done, though.
    Doubt all ya want....but you will never know for all your speculation unless ya come have a beer with me sometime.
    Quote Quote