Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -111
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Your understanding of the word genome does not equal the true meaning of the word.

But keep telling yourself that it is, maybe it will come true in never never land.

Actually one of my friends works as a geneticist, and I asked him about your claims and he said only a dunce would not understand what my point was and it was more likely that you were just trying to pull the discussion down rabbit trails because you knew that you couldn’t win it on merits; but he was a bit shocked that there could be people who supposedly work in the field but don’t know that life begins at conception- I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The "hard truth" that uterus' can repel rape sperm? Or that contraceptives shouldn't be covered by health insurance, and that any woman who does think they do is a slut? Romney promised to end funding to Planned Parenthood. Where's the "hard truth" in that?

1. Akin admitted that he made a factual mistake (which shouldn’t bother you since you voted to re-elect a President who once said there were 57 states), but there was nothing theoretically wrong with the idea behind his statement, trauma can affect numerous bodily functions, he was just wrong about it affecting a women’s reproductive cycle. The Left just pretended it was somehow an appalling position because they knew they couldn’t win if they didn’t scare single women into voting for them.
    2. Contraceptives shouldn’t be mandatorily covered by Health Insurance at CATHOLIC institutions; that is a clear violation of separation of church and state. It’s funny how the Left pretends the separation of church and state doesn’t exist when it gets them free stuff.
    3. Any organization that practices abortion should not be funded by the federal government, that’s pretty obvious.

Once again, you shouldn't lecture on what's going to happen a few years from now when the election from last month showed you really have no idea about the current climate or electorate. Try waiting until you get a few of these right in a row before your spout off so haughtily.

I see you haven’t taken that course in logical reasoning yet, I really hope you do so we can have a decent discussion for once. I being wrong about one speculative point doesn’t prove that I am wrong about any other point. I was right about Kerry losing to Bush, Bush beating Gore, and Obama beating McCain. I am surprised you are so proud of yourself for predicting the outcome of the election considering your reasons for thinking Obama would win were complete bogus, you’re like the sports analyst who predicts a team will win because they’ll run the ball all game long and they do end up winning but because they passed the ball all day long. That doesn’t impress me much.

I'm not trying to "prove" that someone who makes such a joke is a racist. But in lieu of other evidence it's an appropriate inference to make. Suppose a Jewish person has been elected president and that night a non-Jewish person tweets "Sieg Heil! #finalsolution." What is reasonable to draw from that?

Your “other evidence” is that people called Bush a monkey all the time, calling a President a monkey regardless of his skin color seems to not be a real rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Are you saying its offensive because he is a Jew? What if he was white with blonde hair and blue eyes?
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post

DOUBLE STANDARD!

You’re obviously missing the point, people called Bush a monkey; the word monkey doesn’t have to be a racial or ethnic slur, “Sieg Heil! #finalsolution” only makes sense in an anti-sematic context. You guys still don’t use the word racist correctly though, that’s for sure.

And we have the right to call you a moron and a racist for doing it.

Yes, you have the right to be as misinformed and wrong as you desire.

Combine that with the destruction of Romney in the Presidential election and the win of the popular vote I would say it was a sound rejection of the Republican party.

Wait, so was 2004 a sound rejection of the Democratic Party when a republican president was re-elected, the GOP gained control of the House, Senate, and Governorships? How soon you seem to forget.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    1. Akin admitted that he made a factual mistake (which shouldn’t bother you since you voted to re-elect a President who once said there were 57 states), but there was nothing theoretically wrong with the idea behind his statement, trauma can affect numerous bodily functions, he was just wrong about it affecting a women’s reproductive cycle. The Left just pretended it was somehow an appalling position because they knew they couldn’t win if they didn’t scare single women into voting for them.
    His statement wasn't made as part of a discussion of bodily trauma. It was part of an answer on abortion and why it should be allowed even in the instances of rape.

Contraceptives shouldn’t be mandatorily covered by Health Insurance at CATHOLIC institutions; that is a clear violation of separation of church and state. It’s funny how the Left pretends the separation of church and state doesn’t exist when it gets them free stuff.
    There's an exception in the law for religious institutions who's purpose is primarily religious (such as a church). But the Catholic Church owning a hospital does not give them the right to circumvent workplace laws and standards.

Any organization that practices abortion should not be funded by the federal government, that’s pretty obvious.
    It's hardly necessary to "scare" women when you come right out and say it like that. Are you perhaps not aware that reproductive rights are a vitally important issue to a lot of women, and that they don't agree with you?

I see you haven’t taken that course in logical reasoning yet, I really hope you do so we can have a decent discussion for once. I being wrong about one speculative point doesn’t prove that I am wrong about any other point.
    It does if the points are related, which they are in this case. Either your assumptions or your reasoning about this election were faulty (and not just a little faulty. You thought Romney would cruise). You don't seem to have gone through much intellectual rigueur to find out where your error lay.

I was right about Kerry losing to Bush, Bush beating Gore, and Obama beating McCain. I am surprised you are so proud of yourself for predicting the outcome of the election considering your reasons for thinking Obama would win were complete bogus, you’re like the sports analyst who predicts a team will win because they’ll run the ball all game long and they do end up winning but because they passed the ball all day long. That doesn’t impress me much.
    Oh? And what were the reasons I thought Obama would win?
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    …and some of us are better at typing coherent statements than others, that is for sure.
    I know i follow posts more coherently then you, which is why i mentioned it. Its okay, everyone has flaws and if you stick to it you will improve. Im very pleased that you can admit a fault, this is something of a breakthrough.

Nope, as a Christian I follow Christ, and he never said anything about “white power”, so your analogy fails. You’re a Darwinist, and Darwin was a racist.
    And here i thought we agreed that Jesus didnt write the bible. Statler, i think its imperative you brush up on this. Its extremely important for you to realize this sort of thing.

I am sure you meant “YOU’RE TOO amusing Statler.”; no wonder it’s tough to follow your posts.
    Whoops, grammar mistake. Much like your mistakes with coherent understand of posts, we all slip up from time to time. After all, i cant hope to match the number of degrees you have. Not many human beings can.

Ultrasounds are actually non-invasive, but you don’t really seem to care about the facts considering you thought women actually earn 75 cents to every man’s dollar.
    So Republicans just want to stick probes in womens vagina for fun? They want to stick probes inside women for non-ultrasound purposes? Fair enough, seems a bit rude to me. I think it goes against your other point of Republicans not "waging war on women". While thats certainly a paraphrase, it seemed a bit harsh. But now that you are admitting GOP politicians are just trying to probe women for no reason, im starting to wonder if their is some merit to liberal complaints. I know, i know, i know, thats a shocking thought.

We’re just informed enough to know that there is a bit of difference between an 18 year old boy who sleeps with his 15 year old girlfriend consensually and a man who attacks a woman and forces her to have sex with him against her will. You just know you can’t win on the issues so you have to distort the facts.
    Thankfully, the fact finder members from the party of personal responsibility realize that vaginas repel rape sperm. So there is no need for differences. Right? I mean, as Wisconsin Republican Roger Rivard says: "some girls rape so easy". Sage advice.

“…to stupid…”? I seriously hope you were trying to be ironic by making such a bone-headed grammatical error while calling Romney stupid, please tell me you were being funny, please
    Caught me again you hawk-eyed scholar. On a scale of mistakes i rate that about the "corporations are people my friend" level. To be fair, my mistake was a slight grammatical error on a internet message board. Romney's was to fail at the biggest thing in his life. The fact that you have no comment on his actual intelligence or personal drive suggests that you are in agreement. The man was simply lazy and therefore deserved to lose. As a beacon of insight, im certain you realized this before everyone else Statler. Tell me, were you depressed in the least when you cast your vote for Obama? How did you come to terms with voting for a man you previously despised? It would help many on this forum if you explained your reasoning.

Either way, im glad your posting on here. Its good to get a clear view on how Republicans voted against women issues. Because, after all, they only voted against those issues because dirty Democrats set it up for them to look bad. But the real reason they voted against women issues was not because Democrats set it up for them to look bad but because the bills could have unintended consequences. And even if those dirty Democrats did set it up Republicans still managed to look responsible. Im thankful your here to clear all that up.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The sky is blue. People who deny it are... stupid. So, I don't think you meant it this way but it's actually a good analogy for this argument. Well done.
    LOL....classic misdirection move......take the analogy and try to twist it to suit your purpose. Meanwhile, back at the Batcave.....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-Sky-Really-Blue?&id=188345

So, as you can clearly see, YOU just illustrated my view.....BRILLIANT!

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It is valid, and you know it. Black people calling each other the N word is vastly different than anyone else calling a black person that. Saying otherwise is being willfully ignorant. It's a social convention that everyone accepts. Well, everyone except racists. But I've posted here long enough to know that you're not a racist, so I really don't know what point you're trying to make. Just playing devil's advocate maybe...?
    That's why you are among the few that have my respect in here anymore

I am just saying....if segregation is wrong, then segreegation of words is wrong. I know how people use the word nigga, and i dont think anyone should use the word at all. I also dont think people should curse in public, or around ladies and children. But what has happened is that as the words that could be deemed offensive become more widely accepted as useful in every day conversation, people either become desensitized to the offensive nature or just become ignorant of the meaning. Words dont mean anything until someone attaches a meaning to them.
    Black people should be just as offended at the use of the word nigga whether it is uttered by a black person, a white person a asian person or a indian person. The fact we can defend the offensive word as useful to just one race means the word continues to have an unnatural power that will continue to divide.

Well played my friend

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    That hurts Mo.
    No offense intended buddy....just for you....

Opinions are like Mustangs....every A-hole gets one.

(Im a Ford man myself, but i dont want to hurt anyones feelings )
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol of course this guy would claim to have a geneticist "friend". how convenient for you. forgive me if I don't believe this load.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol of course this guy would claim to have a geneticist "friend". how convenient for you. forgive me if I don't believe this load.
    He was being humble. Statler actually as a degree in genetics.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    LOL....classic misdirection move......take the analogy and try to twist it to suit your purpose. Meanwhile, back at the Batcave.....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-Sky-Really-Blue?&id=188345

So, as you can clearly see, YOU just illustrated my view.....BRILLIANT!
    I knew someone would get around to arguing that the sky is not blue eventually. Why am I surprised it's not you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He also claims to have a degree in marine biology, which is why he is the utmost expert on why climate change is not happening...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His statement wasn't made as part of a discussion of bodily trauma. It was part of an answer on abortion and why it should be allowed even in the instances of rape.

Why he made the statement is irrelevant, he said he had his facts wrong which he did.

There's an exception in the law for religious institutions who's purpose is primarily religious (such as a church). But the Catholic Church owning a hospital does not give them the right to circumvent workplace laws and standards.

Constitutionally it does because they have a religious moral objection to doing so and the government cannot impose a moral code upon a religious institution that violates their religion. If Sandra has a problem with that she can go to a different institution. The Left needs to stop trying to impose their morals on everyone else. Paying for someone else’s contraceptives has nothing to do with workplace standards, it’s all about getting free stuff.

It's hardly necessary to "scare" women when you come right out and say it like that. Are you perhaps not aware that reproductive rights are a vitally important issue to a lot of women, and that they don't agree with you?

Abortion is a human rights issue, not a reproductive rights issue (you’re no different than the slave owner who tried to claim slavery was a property rights issue rather than a human rights issue). However, even if it were, nice logical non-sequitur, someone having a right to do something does not mean they have a right to have it paid for by the tax payers. I have a right to own firearms, that doesn’t mean that therefore the Government must pay for them. Nice try at that sort of liberal slight-of-hand, it’s sad some people actually fall for it though.

[COLOR=#000000]
    It does if the points are related, which they are in this case.
    Nope, actually it doesn’t matter whether the issues are related or not, me being wrong about one point has no weight as to whether I am wrong about a different point. That’s like saying because Florro correctly predicted the Packers game last week he is therefore right about next week’s prediction, that’s a complete logical non-sequitur.

Oh? And what were the reasons I thought Obama would win?

You conveniently didn’t give any besides being a fan of the guy, Jack is the only one who had legitimate reasons for believing Obama would win; therefore, he is the only one who can take any credit for being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    And here i thought we agreed that Jesus didnt write the bible. Statler, i think its imperative you brush up on this. Its extremely important for you to realize this sort of thing.
    He’s quoted in the Bible, please try to keep up.

Whoops, grammar mistake.

You have a lot of them.

So Republicans just want to stick probes in womens vagina for fun? They want to stick probes inside women for non-ultrasound purposes? Fair enough, seems a bit rude to me. I think it goes against your other point of Republicans not "waging war on women". While thats certainly a paraphrase, it seemed a bit harsh. But now that you are admitting GOP politicians are just trying to probe women for no reason, im starting to wonder if their is some merit to liberal complaints. I know, i know, i know, thats a shocking thought.

Did you mean “there” and not “their”? You’re going to have to provide a link or something because the probes point is not making a wink of sense; I am beginning to think you made it up or got it off of some left wing nut website. Women should have to see an ultrasound of their baby before they have it killed, I realize you want to keep them ignorant about what they are really having done but I think an ultrasound is more than reasonable.

Thankfully, the fact finder members from the party of personal responsibility realize that vaginas repel rape sperm. So there is no need for differences. Right? I mean, as Wisconsin Republican Roger Rivard says: "some girls rape so easy". Sage advice.

More rabbit trails I see, you can’t win on the issue and that’s why you resort to this sort of thing, everyone knows it.

Caught me again you hawk-eyed scholar. On a scale of mistakes i rate that about the "corporations are people my friend" level. To be fair, my mistake was a slight grammatical error on a internet message board. Romney's was to fail at the biggest thing in his life. The fact that you have no comment on his actual intelligence or personal drive suggests that you are in agreement. The man was simply lazy and therefore deserved to lose. As a beacon of insight, im certain you realized this before everyone else Statler. Tell me, were you depressed in the least when you cast your vote for Obama? How did you come to terms with voting for a man you previously despised? It would help many on this forum if you explained your reasoning.

I am sure Romney knows when to use “to” and when to use “too”, I am also sure he knows when to use “their” and when to use “there”, those are things most people learn about the 2nd grade. Keep studying though, you’ll get there!

Either way, im glad your posting on here. Its good to get a clear view on how Republicans voted against women issues. Because, after all, they only voted against those issues because dirty Democrats set it up for them to look bad. But the real reason they voted against women issues was not because Democrats set it up for them to look bad but because the bills could have unintended consequences. And even if those dirty Democrats did set it up Republicans still managed to look responsible. Im thankful your here to clear all that up.

Did you mean “you’re” and not “your”? I am glad you keep posting on here because you really illustrate just how educated those on the Left really are :-P

You claimed to work in the field and then made some really bone-headed mistakes concerning basic biology and genetics. By working in the field did you mean custodial work in a lab somewhere? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    He was being humble. Statler actually as a degree in genetics.

Nope, I have one in Geospatial Science and one in Environmental Science, genetics don’t interest me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    He also claims to have a degree in marine biology, which is why he is the utmost expert on why climate change is not happening...

Marine Biology? I hate the Ocean, so where did I say that? Nice equivocation on the term “climate change” though my irrational friend; we know climates change, they have been doing so for thousands of years, to think it’s anthropomorphic is what is laughable. Everyone knows it’s not, the Left just needs a global fear in order to control the way people live their lives. I didn’t realize psychology majors thought themselves to be such experts on the fate and transport of pollutants lol.
    Quote Quote