Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 148

Thread: United States of Racism

  1. -131
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,856
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Could you explain to me what the word "racist" even means to you??
    rac∑ism (rszm)n.1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

    Let me ask you another question. If a homosexual calls another the "F" word does that mean it isn't an insult?? Can a woman call another "cun*"?? Your idea that one race can use part of the English language and it is not offensive but if anyone not of that same race, can't use the same word or it IS offensive, IS THE VERY DEFINTION of racist. The idea that one race is to be treated differently, or allowed different rights, that is what RACISM IS !!!!! Come on you have to be smarter than that. What do you think racist even means?? Give me your definition, please!! I am not trying to insult you, I just really want to understand what you are thinking.
    I'm not playing this game. You know the context of all these words. Although, judging by the pure ignorance of your posts before your hiatus, I guess it's possible you don't. Either way, I'm not being drawn in to your bull****. If you can't understand these simple concepts, then this entire conversation is above your head anyways...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  2. -132
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Yet you continue to argue that you know what you're talking about. You used the term incorrectly, that is fact. Deal with it waldork.


    Nice logical non-sequitur, simply because something doesnít interest me much doesnít mean I am not knowledgeable in that field. The fact is I did use that term correctly, the fact is that you didnít know the basic biological qualifications for life, and the fact is you were trying to take the discussion down rabbit holes because you couldnít defend your position.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Your claim was that the Obama won because women bought a phony notion that the Republican Party had initiated a "war on women". Your view as to the rightness of the positions on these issues is irrelevant to that claim. What is relevant is that women don't agree with the Republicans' stance on those issues... and aren't going to be persuaded. It's hardly necessary for the Democrats to invent the notion that Romney wants to cut funding for Planned Parenthood when he comes right out and says that he does.


    The point is not whether you can ďun-dupeĒ women out of believing there is a war on women, the point is that they fell for a false narrative and it got Obama elected. Essentially he won because his campaign lied.

    It's interesting to me you don't seem to be able to grasp something so exceedingly simple.


    Itís interesting to me that you insist on bringing up points that are logically irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Why on earth would it matter if they can be persuaded?? Pedifiles will never agree with laws that keep them from raping innocent children, should we honestly give a crap if they can be persuaded or not??
    FINALLY! Someone else who is at least familiar with how logical reasoning works, an argumentís soundness is in no way measured by its ability to persuade. People are often persuaded by invalid arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Which varies from group to group. The group with the most votes gets their version of what's right made into law. Tell me this isn't news to you.


    Are you really trying to suggest that blacks were in fact not human when a majority of American voters didnít view them as human? Thatís the point we are making, a majority of people believing something does not make that thing true. A majority of women believing abortion is not killing their baby doesnít mean itís not killing their baby, a majority of women thinking the GOP has initiated a war on women doesnít mean the GOP has actually initiated a war on women. A majority of voting single women fell for a total lie by the Obama campaign, thatís all that happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not playing this game. You know the context of all these words. Although, judging by the pure ignorance of your posts before your hiatus, I guess it's possible you don't. Either way, I'm not being drawn in to your bull****. If you can't understand these simple concepts, then this entire conversation is above your head anyways...


    You can be a PhD candidate in America and not know itís important to define your terms? Youíre a living testament to the failures of our education system; we can do better than this in America!
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  3. -133
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,856
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    You can be a PhD candidate in America and not know itís important to define your terms? Youíre a living testament to the failures of our education system; we can do better than this in America!
    Hey look, the religious lunatics looking out for each other. Aren't you 2 due in CT with the rest of Westboro...?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -134
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,164
    vCash:
    37442
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    The point is not whether you can ďun-dupeĒ women out of believing there is a war on women, the point is that they fell for a false narrative and it got Obama elected. Essentially he won because his campaign lied.

    Are you really trying to suggest that blacks were in fact not human when a majority of American voters didnít view them as human? Thatís the point we are making, a majority of people believing something does not make that thing true. A majority of women believing abortion is not killing their baby doesnít mean itís not killing their baby, a majority of women thinking the GOP has initiated a war on women doesnít mean the GOP has actually initiated a war on women. A majority of voting single women fell for a total lie by the Obama campaign, thatís all that happened.
    Do you honestly believe women are persuadable on the abortion issue? Because that would seem to be the central question in this debate. I don't think they are (even though I'm against abortion in most cases), so the question becomes one of Republican electoral tactics and message strategy (given women are 53% of the electorate).

    If you think they are persuadable, then good luck to you. But for now, when the issue is important with women and is popular generally, it's a electoral loser. The more strident the Republicans are, the more it will hurt them. And Romney and the Republicans generally were particularly strident this cycle. It wasn't necessary for Romney to come out so forcefully for ending funding to Planned Parenthood. That was a conscious and strategic choice. Whether you agree with ending Planned Parenthood as a policy position or not, placing the issue front and center has consequences, both good and bad. They bet it would be more good. It appears to have been more bad.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-18-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -135
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Hey look, the religious lunatics looking out for each other. Aren't you 2 due in CT with the rest of Westboro...?


    Calling people who destroy you on here over and over again ďlunaticsĒ hardly reflects well upon your ability to defend your position, you should be talking us up at the very least just to make yourself look a bit more competent.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Do you honestly believe women are persuadable on the abortion issue? Because that would seem to be the central question in this debate. I don't think they are (even though I'm against abortion in most cases), so the question becomes one of Republican electoral tactics and message strategy (given women are 53% of the electorate).


    Many women are actually persuadable, but it usually happens when they actually see an ultra-sound of their baby (which is precisely why the Left doesnít want to require women to see an ultrasound before they have an abortion). That being said, it doesnít matter whether they are persuadable or not, Iíd rather stand up for what is right than immorally alter my position just to get womenís votes. Itís very likely that the Left will screw things up so badly over the next few years that women will vote on other issues rather than abortion anyways. Fewer women voted for Obama this time around than did in 2008, so apparently itís already shifting that way.

    If you think they are persuadable, then good luck to you. But for now, when the issue is important with women and is popular generally, it's a electoral loser. The more strident the Republicans are, the more it will hurt them. And Romney and the Republicans generally were particularly strident this cycle. It wasn't necessary for Romney to come out so forcefully for ending funding to Planned Parenthood. That was a conscious and strategic choice. Whether you agree with ending Planned Parenthood as a policy position or not, placing the issue front and center has consequences, both good and bad. They bet it would be more good. It appears to have been more bad.


    Are you really suggesting a person should distort their views on what is right and wrong just to get votes? Is this why you support a President who ďevolvedĒ on whether he thought gay marriage was right or wrong? Iíd much rather support a candidate who states his principles and sticks to them than one who has built his house upon the sand. The younger electorate is actually far more pro-life than previous electorates, given that and a growing Hispanic community which is overwhelmingly pro-life and the GOP can hold the ďwinningĒ position without having to compromise on their principles. The real key is figuring out a plan on immigration that is fair to everyone.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -136
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,164
    vCash:
    37442
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Many women are actually persuadable, but it usually happens when they actually see an ultra-sound of their baby (which is precisely why the Left doesnít want to require women to see an ultrasound before they have an abortion). That being said, it doesnít matter whether they are persuadable or not, Iíd rather stand up for what is right than immorally alter my position just to get womenís votes. Itís very likely that the Left will screw things up so badly over the next few years that women will vote on other issues rather than abortion anyways. Fewer women voted for Obama this time around than did in 2008, so apparently itís already shifting that way.
    That's fine. Good for you. But at least you recognize that that's the choice. What you were saying earlier about women being "duped" was bull****.

    Are you really suggesting a person should distort their views on what is right and wrong just to get votes? Is this why you support a President who ďevolvedĒ on whether he thought gay marriage was right or wrong? Iíd much rather support a candidate who states his principles and sticks to them than one who has built his house upon the sand. The younger electorate is actually far more pro-life than previous electorates, given that and a growing Hispanic community which is overwhelmingly pro-life and the GOP can hold the ďwinningĒ position without having to compromise on their principles. The real key is figuring out a plan on immigration that is fair to everyone.
    Good luck finding one, in the Republican or any other party.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -137
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    That's fine. Good for you. But at least you recognize that that's the choice. What you were saying earlier about women being "duped" was bull****.
    No it wasnít, there is no war on women, thatís a false narrative the Obama administration created to get elected and women fell for it. A person believing that abortion is murder and therefore a human rights issue has nothing to do with their view on womenís rights. I donít think men or women should have the right to kill their babies, it has nothing to do with the gender of the killer.

    Good luck finding one, in the Republican or any other party.
    Rubio will get it done.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -138
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,164
    vCash:
    37442
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    No it wasnít, there is no war on women, thatís a false narrative the Obama administration created to get elected and women fell for it. A person believing that abortion is murder and therefore a human rights issue has nothing to do with their view on womenís rights. I donít think men or women should have the right to kill their babies, it has nothing to do with the gender of the killer.


    The Obama administration invented the notion of abortion being a women's issue?



    Rubio will get it done.


    If you found a way to support Romney despite the criteria you mentioned earlier somehow I think you'll find a way to support whoever the Republicans nominate.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -139
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The Obama administration invented the notion of abortion being a women's issue?


    No, they popularized and repeated ad Nauseum the idea that those who are against abortion are therefore somehow against womenís rights. They know itís a total lie, but itís a lie they needed to tell in order to have a chance of getting re-elected with such a horrible economic record.

    If you found a way to support Romney despite the criteria you mentioned earlier somehow I think you'll find a way to support whoever the Republicans nominate.


    Not true at all.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -140
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,164
    vCash:
    37442
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    No, they popularized and repeated ad Nauseum the idea that those who are against abortion are therefore somehow against womenís rights. They know itís a total lie, but itís a lie they needed to tell in order to have a chance of getting re-elected with such a horrible economic record.
    That has always been the way the issue has been framed by those who are pro choice. You know better than to say the Obama administration invented that framing. C'mon.

    People who frame it that way legitimately believe that's the correct way to frame it. You can disagree about that but to say they know they're lying when they frame it that way is presumptuous, to say the least. On what are you basing it?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Weird United States!
    By Skeet84 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM
  2. United States Army
    By Buddwalk in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 11:03 AM
  3. How I would change the United States
    By GlennFoley in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 03:55 AM
  4. United States vs. Cuba
    By iceblizzard69 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •