Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -41
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    BTW...did anyone notice Niki Minaj(sp?) called Steven Tyler a racist.....for saying the current idol judges would have voted off Bob Dylan?

Let's really talk about racism, if you want to. But let's expose race baiting as well........I haven't seen too many people caller her on her idiot statement.
    Thats plain stupid on her part. I wholeheartedly agree that the race card gets pulled way too often when its not relevant. Im honestly not a very PC person at all. All Im saying is its amazing to me that people dont see why calling a black man a monkey has racial motivations behind it more often than not.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Thats plain stupid on her part. I wholeheartedly agree that the race card gets pulled way too often when its not relevant. Im honestly not a very PC person at all. All Im saying is its amazing to me that people dont see why calling a black man a monkey has racial motivations behind it more often than not.
    I'm not saying the person calling a black man isn't a racist....i'm saying looking at the big picture, just because a small segment of our society harbors the ignorance and hatred that makes them try to demean someone by calling them a name, does that necessarily mean that racism is so widespread it should divert our attention away from truly important matters?

And besides......a rose is a rose, would it not smell as sweet by any name?

Think about it.....offense can only be taken, not given

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -43

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I'm not saying the person calling a black man isn't a racist....i'm saying looking at the big picture, just because a small segment of our society harbors the ignorance and hatred that makes them try to demean someone by calling them a name, does that necessarily mean that racism is so widespread it should divert our attention away from truly important matters?

And besides......a rose is a rose, would it not smell as sweet by any name?

Think about it.....offense can only be taken, not given
    Oh real racism has definitely been on the decline for many years now. No doubt about that. Nowadays most "racism" doesnt even show itself. People who are racist tend to keep it to themselves and other like-colored people because its such a social stigma.

And I definitely live by that last line. Im probably the hardest to offend person on the planet. Besides, nbody can REALLY hurt my feeling anyway. Im white and Im a male. How many advantages can one person have??
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Youíre absolutely right, Darwin did believe blacks were more closely related to other primates than whites were, but itís a good thing none of us are Darwinists on here huh?

Republicans have not changed their platform, so they did nothing to alienate women. The left knew that if they actually ran on Obamaís record theyíd get killed in November so they had to drum up a fictitious ďwar on womenĒ in order to scare single women into voting for them. I donít know about you but Iíd rather be the party that told the truth and lost the election than the party that had to lie to win. Obamaís re-election will actually hurt the Democratic Party for years to come though, much like Bushís re-election in 2004 hurt the Republican Party.
    Oh, so to believe a theory we have to believe every single thing a person has ever said on the subject? Fair enough, lemme guess, being a Christian and all it took time for you to respond because you were busy at a rally about "white power".

And its totally the lefts fault Romney lost, of course of course. About that entire "told the truth" thing, wouldnt you think if Romney had run a campaign about Obama's "worse record in the history(6k history) of mankind" he would have easily won? Sadly, it seems they were distracted by those auto industry jobs being built in China while being sold to Italians and how Obama took down the job requirement to get on welfare and oh yeah how he plans on removing God from coins and dont forget his apology tour. Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Thank god they told the truth at least.

As you seem to be a member from the party of personal responsibility, dont forget to keep blaming those damned dirty democrats. And if any women disagrees with those accusations, just remind them how Republicans are looking out for them by voting against equal pay while voting for forcible vaginal probes. Try and avoid mentioning rape in that discussion, though i know that seems to be a giant difficulty to NOT bring up.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. Just......wow.

OK, serious question. Is Statler a troll account? Can someone check? I fear for the implications of humanity if it is not...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I dont care if it has a name or not. Its irrelevant. Hell, use a different word than fallacy if you like. Ignoring context is silly was my point. You always do this...you love getting the conversation bogged down in arguments about word definitions and semantics that dont really matter.

I knew it wasnít a real fallacy. Are you really going to take the position that defining your terms isnít important?

I dont. Maybe some of them dont mean it in a racial way.

Exactly, and thatís my point, you donít know whether they are racists or not, they may be calling Obama a monkey simply because heís got big ears just like George Bush did, you donít know. I am simply objecting to tossing out the racist label at anyone who uses language that could be racially charged.

I dont know them. But Id be willing to bet a lot of them did mean it in a hateful way. For a lot of them its just a slightly more accepted way of calling him a ******. Also, whether they meant it racially or not, its still not appropriate because of the historical weight it carries behind it. If you have a friend who is black and you have the type of relationship where you can playfully call him a monkey and take no offense when he playfully jokes with you, cool. But calling a black person you dont know a monkey could definitely be considered a racial slur. Theres just no place for it.

I think calling any President a monkey is classless and inappropriate regardless of their skin color because of the amount of respect the office commands. I just think I am more consistent on this point than those who want to label everyone by their gender or ethnicity and then determine whether certain terms are allowed to be used on some people but not on other people.

Here you go again with the semantics. Of course the word wasnt created to be a racial slur, but it evolved into one at some point in history. I know Im not telling you anything you didnt know. You just enjoy arguing ridiculous things like this for the sake of it. Obviously calling bush a monkey is an insult. Calling a black person a monkey invokes a little more though. White people enslaved black people for years under the assumption that they were not as human as white people. There are still a lot of people today who truly believe that as Ive heard it many times with my own ears. Thats why its different.

Youíre missing the point, again. I am not arguing that there are not racists out there, and I am not arguing that some of those people could be racists; in fact all of them could be racists. I am objecting to the fact that you labeled them all as racists simply because of one word they used to describe the President when that words has been used to describe other Presidents and you have no idea what their reason or motives for using it are. I need a bit more insight into a personís belief system before I am going to call them a racist. Is that really that unreasonable?

I honestly dont know who that is or what incident youre referring to so...

Juan is a former political commentator for MPR who was called a racial slur by another black man on the air. I think that racial slur was just as hateful and offensive even though it was one black man saying it to another black man. Yet, you are trying to argue that somehow it is less hateful in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Oh, so to believe a theory we have to believe every single thing a person has ever said on the subject? Fair enough, lemme guess, being a Christian and all it took time for you to respond because you were busy at a rally about "white power".

Jesus never said anything about white power, nor was Jesus white for that matter, so that was quite the swing and a miss on your part. Darwin was a racist though, that we do know.

And its totally the lefts fault Romney lost, of course of course. About that entire "told the truth" thing, wouldnt you think if Romney had run a campaign about Obama's "worse record in the history(6k history) of mankind" he would have easily won? Sadly, it seems they were distracted by those auto industry jobs being built in China while being sold to Italians and how Obama took down the job requirement to get on welfare and oh yeah how he plans on removing God from coins and dont forget his apology tour. Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Thank god they told the truth at least.

I honestly tried to figure out what you were trying to convey here but I canít even tell what you are trying to say in this paragraph, care to rephrase it so itís actually coherent?

As you seem to be a member from the party of personal responsibility, dont forget to keep blaming those damned dirty democrats. And if any women disagrees with those accusations, just remind them how Republicans are looking out for them by voting against equal pay while voting for forcible vaginal probes. Try and avoid mentioning rape in that discussion, though i know that seems to be a giant difficulty to NOT bring up.

There are already laws on the books forbidding pay scales that differ based on genders, you didnít know that? Please tell me you knew that, youíre not really as gullible as everyone else who fell for the Obama campaignís talking points are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Wow. Just......wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

OK, serious question. Is Statler a troll account? Can someone check? I fear for the implications of humanity if it is not...

Ah, the intellectual speaks lol.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Statler, I didnt say all of them were racist. I said they used a term that carries racial baggage, which it obviously does..

As for the Darwin thing, I dont see the relevance at all. Nobody worships Darwin. He was a man who published a theory.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

United States of Racism

So calling or comparing the President to a monkey proves someone is a racist? Interesting...

I would have thought that monkeys would be up in arms after been compared to Bush.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jesus never said anything about white power, nor was Jesus white for that matter, so that was quite the swing and a miss on your part. Darwin was a racist though, that we do know.
    So you personally talk to Jesus? He directly and literally instructs you? Whoa man, thats quite the claim, i never knew i was speaking to a prophet. Did he help you with your plethora of diplomas?

I honestly tried to figure out what you were trying to convey here but I canít even tell what you are trying to say in this paragraph, care to rephrase it so itís actually coherent?
    Really, your calling someone out for how they respond to a persons posts. Really. You. Oh, do me a favor and break down those 3 "sentences" by individual quotes when you respond to this post.

There are already laws on the books forbidding pay scales that differ based on genders, you didnít know that? Please tell me you knew that, youíre not really as gullible as everyone else who fell for the Obama campaignís talking points are you?
    A bill that would pave the way for women to more easily litigate their way to pay equality failed to clear a procedural hurdle in the Senate on Tuesday as Republicans united against the measure for the second time in two years.
    As Lilly M. Ledbetter, the woman whose name was attached to a 2009 law that ensured equal pay for women, watched from the gallery, the Senate voted, 52 to 47, to open debate on the legislation, 8 votes short of the 60 required.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/us...bill.html?_r=0

To be fair, you were probably to busy being deceived by polls the days these stories broke. I mean, trying to track down every obscure, for profit biased, right wing poll to trick yourself into believe Romney would win had to take up alot of your time. I can understand why you would miss stories about GOP blocking equal pay bills and other issues women should just know by now arent important. Like being raped. Damn them for being tricked by Obama!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote