Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -51
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm witnessing mental gymnastics at what appear to be levels worthy of the Olympics just so Waldorf can convince himself there's nothing inherently racist about calling a black man a monkey.

I'm absolutely stunned, but then I realize he's most likely a rather well spoken troll just messing with you guys, and I breathe a sign of relief.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Statler, I didnt say all of them were racist. I said they used a term that carries racial baggage, which it obviously does..

Well then I am not sure why you were arguing with me then my friend :- ) My only objection was that the OP’s article suggested that every single one of those people were racists. So I pointed out that people have been calling Presidents monkeys for quite some time so that in itself doesn’t mean someone is a racist. I agree the term does have some racial connotation to it, but we’d have to know more about why the person chose to use that term.

As for the Darwin thing, I dont see the relevance at all. Nobody worships Darwin. He was a man who published a theory.

Well you may not worship Darwin but I know a few people (one of which was one of my college professors) who worship Darwin more than many Christians do with Christ. Additionally, Darwin’s concept of homology has fueled a lot of racist thinking in the past, that’s all. It was just a minor point.

Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    I would have thought that monkeys would be up in arms after been compared to Bush.

Well I guess that makes you a racist. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    So you personally talk to Jesus? He directly and literally instructs you? Whoa man, thats quite the claim, i never knew i was speaking to a prophet. Did he help you with your plethora of diplomas?

Jesus’ words are written down in this book known as the Bible; you should check it out sometime you might learn a thing or two about yourself.
    Really, your calling someone out for how they respond to a persons posts. Really. You. Oh, do me a favor and break down those 3 "sentences" by individual quotes when you respond to this post.

No, I was calling you out for seemingly being incapable of stringing together a coherent idea. I don’t care how you respond to my posts as long as I can read it and make sense of what you are trying to say.

To be fair, you were probably to busy being deceived by polls the days these stories broke. I mean, trying to track down every obscure, for profit biased, right wing poll to trick yourself into believe Romney would win had to take up alot of your time. I can understand why you would miss stories about GOP blocking equal pay bills and other issues women should just know by now arent important. Like being raped. Damn them for being tricked by Obama!
    You really are that gullible aren’t you? Well, now I get to actually teach you something which is always fun! The “women only earn 75 cents to every man’s dollar!” battle cry is really based on a bogus figure. It’s derived from taking the female work forces total income and dividing it by the number of females and comparing that to the male work force’s total income divided by the number of men. I seriously hope you can see the problems with doing this, but if you’re not catching on I will continue to explain why this is a problem. This of course does not take into account part-time jobs vs. full time jobs (women hold more part-time jobs than men do and of course part time jobs pay less). This also does not take into account that men and women tend to enter into different fields of work which pay differently. When we actually compare men and women in the same positions we find that women make around 98 cents to every man’s dollar which is well within the margin of error. So really, the “Pay Equity Bill” was simply a bill proposed by Democrats that was supposedly going to fix a non-issue but of course also had a whole bunch of superfluous pork attached to it. The Democrats knew the Republicans were not going to pass the pointless bill, so by proposing it they could then attack the Right for being “anti-women” and add that as false evidence to support their fictitious “war on women”. Like I said, it is already illegal to discriminate against women in the work place. I hope you learned something, but I doubt you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I'm witnessing mental gymnastics at what appear to be levels worthy of the Olympics just so Waldorf can convince himself there's nothing inherently racist about calling a black man a monkey.

I'm absolutely stunned, but then I realize he's most likely a rather well spoken troll just messing with you guys, and I breathe a sign of relief.
    I realize that calling someone a troll simply because they disagree with you is common practice around here but let me restate my position for you. Racism is a belief system, so it is impossible for there to be anything “inherently racist” about a simple word. If we do not know anything about the intent or motivation for choosing that particular word we have no basis for calling that person a racist. I am simply saying we do not have enough information about those people to call them racists, childish yes, misinformed sure, but racist? We simply do not know because we do not know what they really believe about such matters. Does that make more sense?
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nope, any white person who refers to Barack Obama as a monkey or n-word is racist. It really is that simple.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Jesus’ words are written down in this book known as the Bible; you should check it out sometime you might learn a thing or two about yourself.
    Hey, im agreeing with you here. Jesus didnt write the bible, you hear the words of Jesus, therefore you must be a prophet. I mean, pretending to be a prophet is a pretty huge black mark right? No one would do that. Sounds like your the real thing.

No, I was calling you out for seemingly being incapable of stringing together a coherent idea. I don’t care how you respond to my posts as long as I can read it and make sense of what you are trying to say.
    Really, the guy who cant respond to a post without breaking up every sentence is calling others out for incoherence. Never knew you had such a good sense of humor Statler, caused me to laugh.

You really are that gullible aren’t you? Well, now I get to actually teach you something which is always fun! The “women only earn 75 cents to every man’s dollar!” battle cry is really based on a bogus figure. It’s derived from taking the female work forces total income and dividing it by the number of females and comparing that to the male work force’s total income divided by the number of men. I seriously hope you can see the problems with doing this, but if you’re not catching on I will continue to explain why this is a problem. This of course does not take into account part-time jobs vs. full time jobs (women hold more part-time jobs than men do and of course part time jobs pay less). This also does not take into account that men and women tend to enter into different fields of work which pay differently. When we actually compare men and women in the same positions we find that women make around 98 cents to every man’s dollar which is well within the margin of error. So really, the “Pay Equity Bill” was simply a bill proposed by Democrats that was supposedly going to fix a non-issue but of course also had a whole bunch of superfluous pork attached to it. The Democrats knew the Republicans were not going to pass the pointless bill, so by proposing it they could then attack the Right for being “anti-women” and add that as false evidence to support their fictitious “war on women”. Like I said, it is already illegal to discriminate against women in the work place. I hope you learned something, but I doubt you did.
    Oh, so because the entire "women make less money than men" thing is a complete myth, Republicans voted against it to simply look good. Or i guess bad. According to you, a member of the party of personal responsibility, its those damned Democrats faults again. For making Republicans look bad. Republicans are the victim yet again! They just want to be able to talk about rape without some damned dirty Democrats pointing out how absurd it is! Man, seems like Republicans are victims alot. Like when they tried to forcibly stick vaginal probes in women. Democrats really had to work hard to make Republicans look bad during that episode.

And hey man, im learning all sorts of things. I mean, i totally get what you are saying. Its not Romneys fault for losing. He "should" have won despite running a bad campaign. Im sorry Statler but this is America. We live in a capitalistic society. We frown upon entitlement. I know you and other Republicans felt entitled to the office of the Presidency, but America spoke in support of the person who ran the better campaign. Sorry man but we believe that the person who worked the best and hardest should win and the person who was lazy and stupid should lose. I know this is upsetting but there are many other countries out there who do support entitlement attitudes and could be more to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Nope, any white person who refers to Barack Obama as a monkey or n-word is racist. It really is that simple.
    I really wish we had a sarcasm button so we could tell when people are pulling our leg
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    I realize that calling someone a troll simply because they disagree with you is common practice around here but let me restate my position for you. Racism is a belief system, so it is impossible for there to be anything “inherently racist” about a simple word. If we do not know anything about the intent or motivation for choosing that particular word we have no basis for calling that person a racist. I am simply saying we do not have enough information about those people to call them racists, childish yes, misinformed sure, but racist? We simply do not know because we do not know what they really believe about such matters. Does that make more sense?
    There is this thing in law (and criminal justice) known as the different burdens of proof. You have 1) preponderance of the evidence, 2) clear and convincing evidence and 3) beyond a reasonable doubt. You have people going out of their way to attack Obama, the first black president, calling him a MONKEY. You have these people bringing up his race. You have people, from the south, a historically close minded region, and they are calling him, a monkey. Monkey is quite the popular vernacular among racists because it insinuates that blacks are lower intelligence and filthy but with human traits. Also, monkeys typically are black, same color as black people's skin. Yet somehow you have convinced yourself that NO, these people were NOT being racist. You have tipped the scales to favor "innocently attacking" . I personally believe that there is no reasonable doubt that they were being racist in their comments.

That, to me, is dishonest and ignorant. And your previous posts back up that point. You truly do not realize you were wrong, and you refuse to accept that. You'd rather make up a plethora of excuses, sitting there pretending that you have some sort of code deciphered while the rest of us are scribbling on napkins trying to reach the point which you already are. Somehow, someway... we will get there.

My calling you a troll has absolutely nothing to do with us simply disagreeing, more with your bold face rejection of any and everything logical.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My calling you a troll has absolutely nothing to do with us simply disagreeing, more with your bold face rejection of any and everything logical.
    Hey, glad you met Statler. The mods swear up and down that it isn't a troll account. I'm going to continue believing it is, because if not, it speaks poorly of the future of the U.S...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How come there are no Puerto Ricans in Star Trek?????

They don't work in the future either.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's the most confusing day in Harlem?

Fathers Day.
    Quote Quote