Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of Racism

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Calling a white person a monkey carries a little less historical baggage than calling a black person a monkey. Just sayin'.
    So it IS okay to mock some people in a certain way based on the color of their skin?

Wait, isn't that racist?
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin
    ... using racial slurs that were created to degrade black people are inappropriate
    Can we agree that using slurs that were created to degrade people are inappropriate? It's as if you're saying it's okay if there isn't any racial undertones.

I don't think anyone misses the historical innappropriateness or racial motivations.

Is it ever allowable to degrade a black person? Is it possible to do it in a way that's not racial?

Did anyone have any problems with Condi Rice portrayed as GWB's parrot? Was it okay because the insult because she's a draconian Republican and the insult came from the left?

Double standards suck. Everyone should be treated the same. Either we're all dumb monkeys or none of us are.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Nope, any white person who refers to Barack Obama as a monkey or n-word is racist. It really is that simple.
    Minorities will be glad to know that it's still okay for them to racially degrade the President!
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Minorities will be glad to know that it's still okay for them to racially degrade the President!
    You're being purposely obtuse here. If you don't see the difference between blacks calling eachother the N word in a friendly way and a white guy calling a black guy the N word in a malicious way, then this debate is over your head. These are the extreme basics here...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What if it's a close friend, who happens to be white, calling the President the N word in a friendly way, and a black guy calling the President the N word in a malicious way?

22312_4480970354863_274308992_n.jpg
    Quote Quote  

6. -76

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What if it's a close friend, who happens to be white, calling the President the N word in a friendly way, and a black guy calling the President the N word in a malicious way?
    White guys who try to call black guys the N word in a friendly way are called wiggas, and they tend to get beat up a lot. Except for Eminem, for some unknown reason. You show me a black guy who is willing to call another guy the N word in a malicious way and I'll buy you a beer. Good luck with that, though.

I can't believe we have yet another person here defending racism. This is ridiculous...
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    So it IS okay to mock some people in a certain way based on the color of their skin?

Wait, isn't that racist?
    What? Where in my post did I even come remotely close to implying that? Explain this to me like Im 5 years old please.

Can we agree that using slurs that were created to degrade people are inappropriate? It's as if you're saying it's okay if there isn't any racial undertones.

I don't think anyone misses the historical innappropriateness or racial motivations.

Is it ever allowable to degrade a black person? Is it possible to do it in a way that's not racial?

Did anyone have any problems with Condi Rice portrayed as GWB's parrot? Was it okay because the insult because she's a draconian Republican and the insult came from the left?

Double standards suck. Everyone should be treated the same. Either we're all dumb monkeys or none of us are.
    This is all over the place and Im not sure what you want me to answer. I never once said its OK to use racial slurs to black people. I seriously dont know what you are talking about. Honestly.

As for you saying calling a white person a money is the same...it just isnt. Walk into a room full of white people and call them monkeys and then a room full of black people and call them monkeys. Guarantee you the reaction is different because the implication is different.

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just trying to understand the double standard.

Apparently you live in a magical world were blacks commonly beat up wiggas but never use the N word against each other in an angry or degrading manner.

I can't believe we have yet another person here defending racism. This is ridiculous...
    It is ridiculous but please, don't stop! Refering to yourself in the 3rd person makes it even funnier.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Apparently you live in a magical world were blacks commonly beat up wiggas but never use the N word against each other in an angry or degrading manner.

It is ridiculous but please, don't stop! Refering to yourself in the 3rd person makes it even funnier.
    You think you're being clever, but you're an obvious troll. An account from 2008 with 15 posts, and suddenly coming into the PoFo saying stuff meant to rile people up? Please. You should hit up JCane for some pointers...
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

What in the blue **** are you talking about? Nobody said anything about fights. Pretty sure youre trolling if youre gonna argue that black people are using the n word as a racial insult against black people.

Also, Locke never once referred to himself in the 3rd person. Jesus. You cant type a coherent paragraph and you are botching up basic grammar. Im shocked you can even log in to be honest.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 12-05-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Quote