Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Judge Blasts Ohioís Last Minute Disenfranchisement Effort!

Hybrid View

1. -1
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Judge Blasts Ohioís Last Minute Disenfranchisement Effort!

THE COURT: Mr. Epstein, would you agree that voting is the linchpin of our democracy?

[STATE ATTORNEY] MR. EPSTEIN: Yes, Your Honor.

THE COURT: I do too. What concerned me about the 2012-54 directive is that it was filed on a Friday night at 7 p.m. The first thought that came to mind was democracy dies in the dark. So, when you do things like that that seeks to avoid transparency, it appears, then that gives me great pause but even greater concern. So, if anyone Iím going to give additional time to, itís going to be you, Mr. Epstein, because you have a lot of explaining to do [...] Iím really trying to get to the root of this, and I donít want to see democracy die in the darkness on my watch, especially with voting. You know I have a special place for voting.

Ohioís attorney was unable to point to any legal justification for ignoring the law and shifting the burden to the voter. Marbley exploded:

THE COURT: So show me where it is. Show me where itís meant. Show me the legislative history. Show me the facts that the secretary used to make the decision to change this directive at seven oíclock on a Friday night on the eve of an election. I want to see it, and I want to see it now. Show it to me.

MR. EPSTEIN: Your Honor, I have no legislative history to present to the Court.

They really thought they could just cheat their way into power. Beside conspiracy theories, I've never heard any controversy with democratic presidents, or governors having to use the tactics some of the extreme republicans continue to use to get into office.

http://bit.ly/QuCZUd
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its pathetic......Florida, Penn, Ohio

For everything that has happened, Chris Christie gets my respect. State not contested I know, but you think Florida's governor would allow on line voting and voting through Friday becayse of a natural disaster? Lmao. Scott would of celebrated what he tried to do anyway and suppress the vote.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would really like to see the US put some type of system in place before 2016 that eliminates a lot of the potential for cheating in the elections. I am as conservative as they come but what you showed above really pisses me off. I don't want to see my candidate win a court case, a disputed election, or a MF fraud...I want America to choose their leader whether I agree with it or not. We are not some third-world kangaroo court and we should expect a whole lot better. There should be some type of consolidation to registering and voting because this is a friggin' nightmare and both sides are trying to steal elections rather than winning them outright. America deserves better!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I would really like to see the US put some type of system in place before 2016 that eliminates a lot of the potential for cheating in the elections. I am as conservative as they come but what you showed above really pisses me off. I don't want to see my candidate win a court case, a disputed election, or a MF fraud...I want America to choose their leader whether I agree with it or not. We are not some third-world kangaroo court and we should expect a whole lot better. There should be some type of consolidation to registering and voting because this is a friggin' nightmare and both sides are trying to steal elections rather than winning them outright. America deserves better!
    You start off saying the right thing, then you state both sides are trying to steal elections. Can you provide me with just one piece of evidence where Democrats have ever attempted to steal an election. Just one please..
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    You start off saying the right thing, then you state both sides are trying to steal elections. Can you provide me with just one piece of evidence where Democrats have ever attempted to steal an election. Just one please..
    Good Lord, Man, wake the fu** up and quit acting so sanctimonious. There are only about 500 articles leading up to and following this and every other election about how both sides work the system and cheat like hell to get elected. Just off the top of my head, check this liberal douche bag out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT77q...layer_embedded; http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...r-fraud-video/. Do you think that he thought of all of that himself or might have learned those neat tricks from someone? He is being investigated for election fraud and can't see how he possibly isn't guilty. There were apparently also about 100K more votes cast in St. Lucie County, FL than there are registered votes...DOH! You can tell that a politician is lying...their lips are moving. Every election, I wonder if it is even legitimate and I question this one more than any one ever.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Husted again? This moron doesn't give up, does he? Suppresses voters and protects pedophiles. Classy guy.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    THE COURT: Mr. Epstein, would you agree that voting is the linchpin of our democracy?

[STATE ATTORNEY] MR. EPSTEIN: Yes, Your Honor.

THE COURT: I do too. What concerned me about the 2012-54 directive is that it was filed on a Friday night at 7 p.m. The first thought that came to mind was democracy dies in the dark. So, when you do things like that that seeks to avoid transparency, it appears, then that gives me great pause but even greater concern. So, if anyone Iím going to give additional time to, itís going to be you, Mr. Epstein, because you have a lot of explaining to do [...] Iím really trying to get to the root of this, and I donít want to see democracy die in the darkness on my watch, especially with voting. You know I have a special place for voting.

Ohioís attorney was unable to point to any legal justification for ignoring the law and shifting the burden to the voter. Marbley exploded:

THE COURT: So show me where it is. Show me where itís meant. Show me the legislative history. Show me the facts that the secretary used to make the decision to change this directive at seven oíclock on a Friday night on the eve of an election. I want to see it, and I want to see it now. Show it to me.

MR. EPSTEIN: Your Honor, I have no legislative history to present to the Court.

They really thought they could just cheat their way into power. Beside conspiracy theories, I've never heard any controversy with democratic presidents, or governors having to use the tactics some of the extreme republicans continue to use to get into office.

http://bit.ly/QuCZUd
    And they wonder why their voter base continues to shrink and why most of america trusts them less then the Dems.... The got some work to do.
    Quote Quote