Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Benching Bush

1. -61
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsPhinsfan03 View Post
    I'm behind Philbin 100%. I like Bush, but I think he clearly is not 100%. It isn't all his fault the offensive line hasn't gotten the same push they did since the 1st 3 weeks.
    Just because Reggie got dinged up 6 weeks ago doesn't mean it's causing him to suck now. For the last 3-4 weeks, his running production hasn't needed better physical tools, it's needed better decision making. I do think the line has been pretty sorry at creating holes, but that's one more reason to not have Bush in there, because with no clear hole he will run laterally or backwards and get nothing on half his runs, leaving us in 3rd and long situations, while Thomas will at least push forward and get a couple yards.

Reggie looked fine on his TD run last week.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    I've supported Philbin up to this point in time, but he just lost me with this decision make an example out of Reggie Bush. It reaks of hypocrisy.

If you're gonna bench Bush for a turnover, then why not bench Tannehill after his first INT? Or Sean Smith for countless blown coverages and tackles? Or Jake Long for consistently getting beat off the edge? What about Karlos Dansby for dropping potential pick sixes?

We've all seen Daniel Thomas lose 2 bad fumbles in previous games? Why didn't he sit out the half in those games??

Reggie Bush has made as many positive plays as anyone on the team and deserves more respect than what he was shown today, especially if you aren't going to make an example of other players for making similar or worse mistakes.

Be consistent.

Lastly, it wasn't like Reggie's fumble was the result of being lazy or undisciplined. He didn't hold the ball out with one hand like a loaf of bread ala Dez Bryant. If he had done that, I could understand the decision to send a message a bit more. But fumbles happen. .. Just like INT's, missed tackles, and blown assignments happen.
    The difference is that Bush is a Vet and had to lead by example. He can't be the one making costly mistakes like that, especially when we were already struggling to move the ball. Tanny is a rookie therefore mistakes from him are expected! I don't have a problem with the benching. The ONLY recoarse a coach has when players screw up is to bench them and make them answer questions afterwards. Good move!
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Benching Bush was the correct move then and it would be the correct move going forward. Fact.

When Reggie decides he is ready to start running downhill again and stop running scared then he should play. Until then, we need Thomas in there with his hard nosed tough running. Positive yards are a good thing and way better than -1 and staring at 3rd and long.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It doesn't matter how much Bush is struggling. Defenses gameplan around Bush, they are aware of where he's at ALL the time, so removing that kind of weapon or decoy from the offense makes us much more predictable. Without Bush now the defense focuses on shutting down our very mediocre wide receivers, they're not worried about our only home run threat.

It was just stupid to put Bush on "timeout".
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    It doesn't matter how much Bush is struggling. Defenses gameplan around Bush, they are aware of where he's at ALL the time, so removing that kind of weapon or decoy from the offense makes us much more predictable. Without Bush now the defense focuses on shutting down our very mediocre wide receivers, they're not worried about our only home run threat.

It was just stupid to put Bush on "timeout".
    Oh really. Well thats odd considering our best and only drive that resulted in points today was one where Bush was on the sidelines. In fact, that drive was on its way to the endzone until Incogniblow derailed it with that stupid 15 yard penalty.
    Quote Quote