Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Benching Bush

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In one game Philbin has benched Bush, Incog and Tannehill. Whether it was a good thing or not the players certainly know this is Philbin's team, and if they don't adhere to his beliefs he will find people who do. Personally speaking not sure it was the right move.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Endicott, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clownfish View Post
    Worse coaching decision by Philbin this year. The whole team deflated after that. I had been screaming at the TV for like an hour for Bush to go back in. When they finally put him back in he runs for 8 yards and then they never go back to him. WTF?!?
    My thoughts too, I normally like most Philbin decisions but today between not going for it on 4th down and Benching Reggie I believe he set the tone for the day.....
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've supported Philbin up to this point in time, but he just lost me with this decision make an example out of Reggie Bush. It reaks of hypocrisy.

If you're gonna bench Bush for a turnover, then why not bench Tannehill after his first INT? Or Sean Smith for countless blown coverages and tackles? Or Jake Long for consistently getting beat off the edge? What about Karlos Dansby for dropping potential pick sixes?

We've all seen Daniel Thomas lose 2 bad fumbles in previous games? Why didn't he sit out the half in those games??

Reggie Bush has made as many positive plays as anyone on the team and deserves more respect than what he was shown today, especially if you aren't going to make an example of other players for making similar or worse mistakes.

Be consistent.

Lastly, it wasn't like Reggie's fumble was the result of being lazy or undisciplined. He didn't hold the ball out with one hand like a loaf of bread ala Dez Bryant. If he had done that, I could understand the decision to send a message a bit more. But fumbles happen. .. Just like INT's, missed tackles, and blown assignments happen.
    Last edited by EJay; 11-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Endicott, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clownfish View Post
    Cut off our own leg after stubbing our toe. Stupid. Re sign Bush and Long. I don't care what the rest of this board says.
    Again I agree with you.......
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Endicott, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    No he didn't, you just remember his fumbles more than Bush because you have a higher perception of Bush and you are critical of Thomas because he's unproven.
    Yes he did! at the beginning of the season Thomas fumbles cost us dearly!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Benching Bush

Well one could argue a Bush fumble cost us the cards game. Remember, we were driving to run out the clock and at worst would have been able to punt and pin the cards deep. However the Bush fumble set the cards up at mid field leading to Kolb's game tying TD drive.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    I've supported Philbin up to this point in time, but he just lost me with this decision make an example out of Reggie Bush. It reaks of hypocrisy.

If you're gonna bench Bush for a turnover, then why not bench Tannehill after his first INT? Or Sean Smith for countless blown coverages and tackles? Or Jake Long for consistently getting beat off the edge? What about Karlos Dansby for dropping potential pick sixes?

We've all seen Daniel Thomas lose 2 bad fumbles in previous games? Why didn't he sit out the half in those games??

Reggie Bush has made as many positive plays as anyone on the team and deserves more respect than what he was shown today, especially if you aren't going to make an example of other players for making similar or worse mistakes.

Be consistent.

Lastly, it wasn't like Reggie's fumble was the result of being lazy or undisciplined. He didn't hold the ball out with one hand like a loaf of bread ala Dez Bryant. If he had done that, I could understand the decision to send a message a bit more. But fumbles happen. .. Just like INT's, missed tackles, and blown assignments happen.
    I agree... BTW- he has benched Daniel Thomas for fumbling. I Notice only time Miller plays if either Bush or Thomas are benched for a fumble.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    Well one could argue a Bush fumble cost us the cards game. Remember, we were driving to run out the clock and at worst would have been able to punt and pin the cards deep. However the Bush fumble set the cards up at mid field leading to Kolb's game tying TD drive.
    That was a Tannehill fumble, though I understand nobody wants our franchise QB's failures attributed to himself.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Philbin should have benched every starter, not just Bush. This was an awful performance today by the players. Just about every unit underachieved.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    I could be wrong, but wasn't that a Tannehill fumble?
    R.Tannehill sacked at ARZ 48 for -7 yards (D.Washington). FUMBLES (D.Washington), RECOVERED by ARZ-V.Holliday at ARZ 49. V.Holliday to ARZ 49 for no gain (J.Jerry).
    Quote Quote