Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete Lack of Leadership, Discipline and Mental Toughness

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla_89 View Post
    I was writing a post like this. This is not a "couple holes" team. This team needs a large change of personnel to get players who refuse to lay down and actually have the mental fortitude to match their talent. I would rather we start this process next year with all our draft pics and cap space than doing it slowly. Please no more Dansbys, Smiths, Longs, etc. that have talent but don't hold themselves or their teammates accountable for the lack of game changing plays this team makes. Lets get young players ready to play hard that do it just for the love of winning. I feel like Philbin needs those types of players as he really isn't a ra ra type guy.
    Well said, Godzilla! Exactly what I'm talking about. I'd rather get a bunch of young hungry players in here and let Phiibin truly put his stamp on this team

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    This team quit, pure and simple. I'm not convinced at this point that even the coaching staff should stay.....The Titans are a BAD team and we got ****ing DESTROYED by them. The team didn't show up pure and simple, I'm at a loss of what to think/say right now, this is the most embarrassed I've been since the 62-7 playoff loss to the Jagoffs.
    Yup, this is the second worst loss in team history - next to the 62-7 loss to the Jags.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    This team quit, pure and simple. I'm not convinced at this point that even the coaching staff should stay.....The Titans are a BAD team and we got ****ing DESTROYED by them. The team didn't show up pure and simple, I'm at a loss of what to think/say right now, this is the most embarrassed I've been since the 62-7 playoff loss to the Jagoffs.
    I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and told him the same thing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Complete Lack of Leadership, Discipline and Mental Toughness

I'd say the jets game where they came back from being down 30 and won Is by far the worst loss in Phins history. JMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blow it up. Getting crushed by garbage teams shows your worse then garbage. The team has as many holes as swiss cheese. Again. Pray the quarterback can improve. Yet again. Get your free agents and picks, and hope they pan out. Again.
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" -George Orwell
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched the entire game; our run protection seemed good much of the time. Pass protection needs some help. I personally am confident in Thomas and Miller, and would trade Bush for a draft pick. On defense, we just couldnt stop anything. Its obvious we are missing Vontae Davis big time.

Our biggest needs this off-season are DBs, OGs, one WR, and a great pass rusher to compliment Wake.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing new here. It's the same mentality we would get under Wanny. Sure we had great defensive play makers during the wanny era but once a game started to go south, it was like they all started pouting and gave up. I don't quite think Miami gave up as much as we lack a true vocal leader presence in our secondary. We need that Ed Reed. The guy that lifts the other plays up to another level. We haven't had that in a LONG time. I DO NOT think that Clemons, Smith, Jones, etc are smart enough to run a secondary. It routinely is evident on broken plays. The amount of broken plays in the secondary is staggering this year. We arguably have one of the worst secondaries in the league and another season is NOT going to do anything to fix that. I figured dansby would be the vocal leader of the defense and while he is a solid 100 tackle guy, he is NOT a play maker and does not take the team under his wing. Until we scout, progress and coach players properly we will NEVER be a good team. The fact that Miami was unable to progress players during the past decade is VERY concerning. I see a glimpse of hope given how well Tannehill has played given his short college experience. it gives me hope that that may translate into solid players down the road that we are going to draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    enuff of the vontae references he blows and would not help us. What dont you understand we are abetter team without B.M,85,AND YES EVEN VONTAE
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    I watched the entire game; our run protection seemed good much of the time. Pass protection needs some help. I personally am confident in Thomas and Miller, and would trade Bush for a draft pick. On defense, we just couldnt stop anything. Its obvious we are missing Vontae Davis big time.

Our biggest needs this off-season are DBs, OGs, one WR, and a great pass rusher to compliment Wake.
    Man I don't see how you can be confident in something we have yet to see. I think Miller might have the goods but we need to see him in a game where he is the go to guy from the beginning so he can get 20 carries. I think the assessment of Thomas is done. He is a good athlete and a hard nosed runner but he lacks instincts and consistency. He will always just be a role player. I look as the team as things we don't need not what we do. We are set on the D-line I think if you let Vernon develop, QB, 2nd & 3rd Receiver, Center, Punter. Honestly that's it imo that I'm comfortable with.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami isn't as bad as they played today. I am concerned about the lack of heart that they showed. We are a better team than the Titans. They may seem crazy to say given the final score. But it was like a snowball that kept rolling down hill. A lot of teams have games like this. Hell, look at the Giants today. Who would have expected that? The main thing is how Miami can respond with a game coming up in four days. They need

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Queens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I long for the days of Louis Oliver or even Brock Marion. At least they created turnovers. They took gambles that payed off.....sometimes. Lol
    Quote Quote