Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Complete Lack of Leadership, Discipline and Mental Toughness

1. -21
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team came out of the tunnel looking like a bunch of drones out there...no emotion whatsoever.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Great post! Just because you want to be on the leadership council doesn't make you a leader!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OP hits nail on head

People always equate talent with athletic ability but true talent is a lot more than that
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dump Pouncey - Are you flipping out of your mind? Keep him and Martin and Jerry

Let Long walk at the price he will command

We don't have a TD by a WR yet - Play-makers are nowhere's to be found can't stretch the field and Bush is no workhouse 15 carries max for that guy even when he running hungry
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do some people start threads with 'I've been here for years blah blah blah'? What difference does that make?

Anyway you're reacting to today's result. Coming into today most fans and media were praising Philbin and what this team was thru 8 games. I get how bad today was and everyone is free to be angry....but there's too many reactionary posts after a game like this.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72 View Post
    Why do some people start threads with 'I've been here for years blah blah blah'? What difference does that make?
    Because many people here believe (foolishly so) that it legitimizes them and gives them some sort of credibility. It's no different than if they just jumped up and down yelling "listen to me, listen to me! My opinions are more valuable than yours!"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Because many people here believe (foolishly so) that it legitimizes them and gives them some sort of credibility. It's no different than if they just jumped up and down yelling "listen to me, listen to me! My opinions are more valuable than yours!"
    Wow! If you read my first sentence of my OP I indirectly pointed out the reason that I've started posting and replying lately is because of the hope I feel RT and Philbin bring to the team. It has me excited for the future of the franchise which I haven't felt since the Marino days. I guess that point didn't resonate with you two. My goal wasn't to say, "look at me, guys - I've got something to say!!". No worries - hopefully someday I'll be able to add something to the discussions on the board that meets with your two's acceptance - whatever.

Hey PerfectFinz72, the real point of my thread is that this team is void of on the field leadership. Let's stick with the topic - do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, please enlighten us on who those leaders are in your mind?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and this lack of leadership when it counts is what i have been riding Dansby about for years. Tannehill will take the offensive side of the ball and overall team leadership roll at some point but rookies are not supposed to have that roll in week 10 in their first season.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    I watched the entire game; our run protection seemed good much of the time. Pass protection needs some help. I personally am confident in Thomas and Miller, and would trade Bush for a draft pick. On defense, we just couldnt stop anything. Its obvious we are missing Vontae Davis big time.

Our biggest needs this off-season are DBs, OGs, one WR, and a great pass rusher to compliment Wake.
    You would put a linemen before a WR? We need a corner first, then a WR. If we could somehow manage to get Long back and trade him for a 1st and 3rd, we could get both a top rated WR and shutdown corner in the 1st alone. Long f'ing sucks.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't blame everyone for being upset and frustrated at this point. They just keep teasing us and then breaking our hearts every year. I can see the day when you'll see 10k people going to the game. The defence has been a disgreace for 2 weeks in a row now. The online has been horrible since week 3.We have NO WR's that can take it to the house. We're asking too much of a rookie QB with no weapons. Some of the holes we've had the last few years are still holes. Losing to the colts was bad but losing the way we did yesterday was a disgrace.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote