Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Start Saying Our Goodbyes To Long.

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What happened to him? He's been awful.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    These people with the idea that he will be so much cheaper and that could be good for us.

Well, theoretically he could be cheaper than expected on the open market. My question is, why in the hell would you want to resign him if he continues to play so poorly that his market value declines so drastically?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    This team has lost it's desire to win. Something is very seriously wrong in Finland. Anyone care to speculate about the staff or owner?
    Even mediocre talent or poor talent can play hard. This team performed a 4 alarm hot sauce turd spectacular in front of 30K loyal fans.
    This is no way to get the rest of the seats filled.
    A couple of weeks ago, we had some real momentum, now we are crapping up the home field..What is happening???
    I KNOW RIGHT this team today couldnt be my high school team here local , Miami didnt look like the same team that has played over the past games your right on the money when you said something is wrong , but what ? my good friend has been coming up and been watchin all the past Miami games with me and he said , thats not the same team that i have been watchin over the last few weeks , said that i was lying to him but he isnt got a fav team , but he was even up and raising hell with me because ALL OF THE SCREW UPS THAT MIAMI WAS MAKIN .

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    I know, lets let go of one of the better tackles in the league bc they are easy to replace. If you can let me know who you would want as a LT (even if Martin is moved, who's on the roster that is going to make a difference). Long is having an off year, is it injury? Sean Smith is having some rough week also but we all sat here praising him during the winning streak. Can't have it both ways
    THATS RIGHT but we cant play good at the cb poss say 3-4 weeks and look like a pro bowler then the next 2-3 weeks couldnt stick there finger in there ass with both hands ? it dosent work that way you either can play in this league or you cant plain and simple , and they are all pro men out there playin , and imo makin a mistake or having a bad game/week dosent follow for 2-3 weeks , i can see if they have a bad game/week but it just dosent expand week 2 week 2 week , and thats whats going on here .
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Poconos Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Poconos, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if Long is hurt? We all know he plays through anything. It's just wierd that he is struggling during a contract year, when most players excell trying to get paid.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what concerns me is: Players always play better in their contract year, so Long is just declining. Maybe he wants to stay in Miami, doubt it. He needs better cardio conditioning.

Though, every player has their bad games. Brees, Mannings tend to throw many INTs...but theyre still good. I dont expect these guys to play amazing every game; we whooped the Jets 30-9...it was just a bad week. Now, if we continue playing poor and do poor on Thursday...then im gonna get concerned more.

For now though, I would not be against trading away Bush. Thomas and Miller are perfectly okay to replace him.

Replace Long? With who? Martin? So who will be our RT? Make sure you can find a replacement for Tannehill's blindside. a GOOD replacement. Oh, and Incognito can go too.
    www.TruePoizon.com
    Like me on facebook: True Poizon
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also think Long needs to be released at the end of the season. A very good example to compare/contrast is Mario Williams.

The Texans used the #1 overall on him, and he performed very well for them over the course of a number of seasons.

But they let him go for a couple of reasons:
    a) he was too expensive for his level of play
    b) they were switching to a 3-4 which he wasn't suited in

Texans had no problems moving on from a #1 overall pick becasue they realised it would be better for their scheme and overall roster.

Exactly the same decision for Miami.

Long will be too expensive for his level of performance, and he doesn't ideally fit the ZBS scheme Philbin wants. Move Martin to LT his natural position and move on from Long. RT can be addressed in FA or the draft.
    Quote Quote