Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Start Saying Our Goodbyes To Long.

1. -11
    Tannehill is Garbage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd hate to losoe Long but if he wants #1 money then see ya.Rather spend $$ else where.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    If you truly don't see an issue with Long's performance over the past 3 weeks then I don't even know what to tell you, Kdawg.

He can't be resigned. Smith is a huge let down as well. This defensive backfield needs a major overhaul. We have the d-line and the linebackers, we have an absolutely awful secondary.
    Never said I didn't see an issue with his performance. But when people start analzying a player who has been in the league 4 and 5 years by one game at a time and make decisions on resigning him or not . . . I think that is pretty foolish. Why can't he be resigned? You don't even know what he's asking. You have a team full of holes and yet people wanna cut loose our best CB, OT, TE, RB like its nothing yet continue to bitch every week like its his fault or something. Just because he is struggling this season, doesn't mean he is automatically expendable.

He was awful last week and he played better today . . . I don't feel bad saying that and I just pointed out the one hold was a bunch of crap, just like the ref not catching Tennessee chopping Incognito low when he was pulling on that flag he got.

The right side of the line struggled today.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hestar View Post
    I'd hate to losoe Long but if he wants #1 money then see ya.Rather spend $$ else where.
    I'd hate to lose him as well but if he's gone he's gone . . . to say goodbye because of a tough start to the season w/o knowing contract demands is a bit ridiculous. Why open up a hole so easily if things can be worked out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    depends on the money and how he continues to play
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    If you truly don't see an issue with Long's performance over the past 3 weeks then I don't even know what to tell you, Kdawg.

He can't be resigned. Smith is a huge let down as well. This defensive backfield needs a major overhaul. We have the d-line and the linebackers, we have an absolutely awful secondary.
    I know, lets let go of one of the better tackles in the league bc they are easy to replace. If you can let me know who you would want as a LT (even if Martin is moved, who's on the roster that is going to make a difference). Long is having an off year, is it injury? Sean Smith is having some rough week also but we all sat here praising him during the winning streak. Can't have it both ways
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Never said I didn't see an issue with his performance. But when people start analzying a player who has been in the league 4 and 5 years by one game at a time and make decisions on resigning him or not . . . I think that is pretty foolish. Why can't he be resigned? You don't even know what he's asking. You have a team full of holes and yet people wanna cut loose our best CB, OT, TE, RB like its nothing yet continue to bitch every week like its his fault or something. Just because he is struggling this season, doesn't mean he is automatically expendable.

He was awful last week and he played better today . . . I don't feel bad saying that and I just pointed out the one hold was a bunch of crap, just like the ref not catching Tennessee chopping Incognito low when he was pulling on that flag he got.

The right side of the line struggled today.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I'd hate to lose him as well but if he's gone he's gone . . . to say goodbye because of a tough start to the season w/o knowing contract demands is a bit ridiculous. Why open up a hole so easily if things can be worked out.
    He wasn't good last year, either. Or did you not notice that?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Fight Song Original

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Powhatan, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Players never play better than during a contract year......
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    he is better than he has played. hopefully he will come cheaper than expected
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My God was the 08 draft a colossal failure.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    He wasn't good last year, either. Or did you not notice that?
    Yea he was horrendous last season, hell lets cut him now, I mean **** he is the reason why we are 4-5 . . . and while at it, lets pick up that LT like its nothing. You know, Jeff Ireland hits on everything he touches when it comes to the OLine . . . you know we have all the confidence in the world with his ability to fix the Oline, we've only been looking for 2 competent guards since his tenure began.

Give me a break, "he wasn't good last year"? Where are these superior players that were better than him last season and how can we acquire those guys? Easy to say certain things and yet we never seem to follow thru on these so called "replacements". You better have a sure upgrade before creating another hole, especially when we are talking about our QB's blindside.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Yea he was horrendous last season, hell lets cut him now, I mean **** he is the reason why we are 4-5 . . . and while at it, lets pick up that LT like its nothing. You know, Jeff Ireland hits on everything he touches when it comes to the OLine . . . you know we have all the confidence in the world with his ability to fix the Oline, we've only been looking for 2 competent guards since his tenure began.

Give me a break, "he wasn't good last year"? Where are these superior players that were better than him last season and how can we acquire those guys? Easy to say certain things and yet we never seem to follow thru on these so called "replacements". You better have a sure upgrade before creating another hole, especially when we are talking about our QB's blindside.
    LOL. Did I say that?

What a silly post.
    Quote Quote