Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assumption: lots of high draft picks equals improved roster

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Assumption: lots of high draft picks equals improved roster

Fact of the matter that is not the case

Jeff Ireland has had years to build a roster and we haven't done squat

If you think all those picks are going to be impact players your crazy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Ok

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    This team needs to go BPA every pick . . . no such needs in this draft when you got this many issues. WR, CB, TE, pass rusher, OG, OT, FS . .. take the best man every round and build up the overall talent.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Robert Woods, should be the obvious move for us in the first round. He's slated to be available from 15-25. Those who want Bowe, Idk why but I just cant seem to trust him I'd fear another David Boston mess. If Jennings leave we should obviously snatch him, but wouldn't count on it. So yea, and please please we need a fix in our secondary. Yet this year the draft is thin in corners, such bad luck smh. Oh and Tyrann Mathieu would be great too in the 3rd, I know he's not great in coverage but he is a weapon I'll tell ya!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'm not as high on the WR group this year at least not yet. In my eyes if banks, or milliner are there we have to take them. this secondary is scary bad. we get lit up by jake locker, and just wait til we see fitz and brady. hell even russel wilson... this team has holes, and in my opinion, the biggest one is secondary. I want a cb with mad skills, I might even look to take a safety that has that enforcer attitude, before I go diving into the WR selection.

we aren't built for a shootout, so we need to limit the points allowed. secondary help can do that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I'm not as high on the WR group this year at least not yet. In my eyes if banks, or milliner are there we have to take them. this secondary is scary bad. we get lit up by jake locker, and just wait til we see fitz and brady. hell even russel wilson... this team has holes, and in my opinion, the biggest one is secondary. I want a cb with mad skills, I might even look to take a safety that has that enforcer attitude, before I go diving into the WR selection.

we aren't built for a shootout, so we need to limit the points allowed. secondary help can do that.
    Agree with that approach, as long as we go with receivers and secondary players in the draft I'll be fine. But **** if Manti Teo is there, I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on him lol.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'd have to really think before passing on teo as well. but I also like arthur brown, and a.j. klein quite a bit. klein will probably go a full round later and i dont know that theres major dropoff there. need to do more studying but, klein can ball.
    either way, I think our first round selection had probably better go towards defense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Robert Woods, should be the obvious move for us in the first round. He's slated to be available from 15-25. Those who want Bowe, Idk why but I just cant seem to trust him I'd fear another David Boston mess. If Jennings leave we should obviously snatch him, but wouldn't count on it. So yea, and please please we need a fix in our secondary. Yet this year the draft is thin in corners, such bad luck smh. Oh and Tyrann Mathieu would be great too in the 3rd, I know he's not great in coverage but he is a weapon I'll tell ya!
    Woods is a slot WR. I'd rather scoop Keenan Allen if we can get him, I think he would be a better fit for us. Also, Mathieu probably won't be drafted at all, he can't put the pipe down. No need to use any picks on drug addicts.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    allen is the only wr worth a 1st rnd pick

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    thats all we need another cb who cant cover. the guy is good but not what we need.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ok
    Yes because in the 5+ years of him being the GM, he has done such a great job of filling this roster with talent. Just look at all the playmakers. Man you flew the Sparano flag to the death, and are hanging on to the Ireland flag for dear life. Please, for the love of God, tell us Ireland will be the GM in 2013. Your Sparano prediction was so spot on, it will be Irelands kiss of death.
    Quote Quote