Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ireland and Philbin are birds of a different feather

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ireland and Philbin are birds of a different feather

Philbin is a west coast, zone blocking scheme, finesse guy

Ireland is a traditional, old school, size and speed prototype guy, especially SIZE

This team lacks talent at the skill positions. Cam wake is the only true mismatch concern for opponents. Trading vontae away after investing a 1st rounder on him in an area of weakness is all you need to know. Ireland loves the draft as he used to be a scout. The draft is a roulette wheel you never know what your getting. I'm sure philbin was Leary of Marshall but you have to get fair value and WE DIDN'T GET CRAP FOR OUR BEST PLAYER

This team needs a new LT, LG, and RG. That's right the zone blocking scheme looks for athletes not maulers. We need a modern day TE not a blocking TE.

I just don't see how these guys ever get on the same page.

And why Matt Moore wasn't traded is beyond me. We are gonna get zilcho for a capable qb.

I hope Ireland proves me wrong and they get it right but history shows he is inept. He's already tried a secondary rebuild that failed. A trade for a playmaker that turned out wasn't a high character guy, surprise, surprise. They've been building an oline for years and now they have to start over based on scheme.

WE ARE YEARS AWAY PEOPLE, NOT JUST A COUPLE, I'd SAY 5 minimum
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    5 years? Seems a little drastic.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Based on the attendance today I would say there is no way Ireland survives this season. Ross has to do something to wake up the fanbase.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    5 years? Seems a little drastic.
    Not drastic if Ireland is still the GM. We'll always be 5 years away with him.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You'd have said 5 years was drastic 5 years ago especially after that stellar 2008 season too
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Things can change pretty fast in the NFL, for some teams at least. I would feel better if we had less holes to fill. I have no confidence in a GM that has built this roster in his 5+ years, all of a sudden making the right choices. If for some reason he is around after this season, i hope he gets it right, or 5 years may not be enough.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan4life View Post
    Philbin is a west coast, zone blocking scheme, finesse guy

Ireland is a traditional, old school, size and speed prototype guy, especially SIZE

This team lacks talent at the skill positions. Cam wake is the only true mismatch concern for opponents. Trading vontae away after investing a 1st rounder on him in an area of weakness is all you need to know. Ireland loves the draft as he used to be a scout. The draft is a roulette wheel you never know what your getting. I'm sure philbin was Leary of Marshall but you have to get fair value and WE DIDN'T GET CRAP FOR OUR BEST PLAYER

This team needs a new LT, LG, and RG. That's right the zone blocking scheme looks for athletes not maulers. We need a modern day TE not a blocking TE.

I just don't see how these guys ever get on the same page.

And why Matt Moore wasn't traded is beyond me. We are gonna get zilcho for a capable qb.

I hope Ireland proves me wrong and they get it right but history shows he is inept. He's already tried a secondary rebuild that failed. A trade for a playmaker that turned out wasn't a high character guy, surprise, surprise. They've been building an oline for years and now they have to start over based on scheme.

WE ARE YEARS AWAY PEOPLE, NOT JUST A COUPLE, I'd SAY 5 minimum
    Do you not think Ireland knew what system philbin ran before he was hired. I think he will draft what philbin needs. Not what he used to draft under the old system. 5 years does seem a little long. I am not defending Ireland for previous moves but this years draft with philbin looks not that bad. I think tannehill is the real deal and that is most important.
    :eek:
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with the points made about the personnel not fitting he scheme. Also, just because the o-line is big, that hasn't done anything for the running game, nor has it done much for protecting Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can people say this years draft was a success?

Tannehill yes, Martin not bad, egnew lol, Vernon not bad, miller???, everyone else??????????
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We've seen this a ton of times in sports, and in anything great in life. Their philosophies combined can make us great, they offer 2 perspectives.
    Quote Quote